Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria (60598 Views)

Top Ten Most Expensive Universities In The World / Top Ten Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria By HigherEd / Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by midnighter(f): 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2019
asuustrike1:

It is not free. No enough funding from the government hence the necessary charges

Yes i meant "supposed" to be free. When UNIPORT students protested against implementation of exam fees, the official line from the vc was that there are no "school fees" only "departmental levies" or something like that

Rubbish
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by Ibkaramoh: 12:38pm On Sep 21, 2019
Why al hikmah is excluded?
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2019
midnighter:

Yes i meant "supposed" to be free. When UNIPORT students protested against implementation of exam fees, the official line from the vc was that there are no "school fees" only "departmental levies" or something like that

Rubbish
Yea
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2019
The school fees I paid throughout my entire University days no reach 200k ....
The first year was 32k and the rest years was less than 10k....
I schooled myself after the educational foundation has been laid. I can compete with anyone from my chosen field both who attend locally and internationally institution..

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 12:45pm On Sep 21, 2019
5.7 million gini when I can use it to study in Canada nonsense

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by Boyooosa(m): 12:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
and some people will still come here to agitate that atiku is a philanthropist... how many graduates from his university invented ANYTHING in Nigeria?
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by yemex04(m): 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2019
chinchonglee:
Wen i paid a total of #147,000 from Ist to final year in UNN.

Chai!!!

Lucky you..your tuition fee was heavy susidized by the FG..
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by yemex04(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
jagabanlewis:
After you go dis university if u cum dy carry file dy find job dn u gt home problem...cus na bera capital to strt business dm pay as sch fees

No..folks that graduated from these universities in all honesty may no need to be carrying files about looking for jobs..it's either the grade A jobs are awaiting 4 them or they are properly set up to be an entrepreneur.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by Atigba: 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2019
postbox:
For many Nigerians, high-quality higher education is a luxury. There are many private universities who are known not only for their top-notch teaching staff and achievements but also for the incredibly high tuition costs. Here are the top 10 most expensive universities in Nigeria.

10. Lead City University, Ibadan

Lead City University is located in the south-western part of Nigeria and is one of the best known local education institutions. The history of Lead City University dates back to 2005, and in less than 15 since it was launched, the University evolved a lot. Right now it charges ₦625,000 intuition. 

9. Babcock University, Ogun State

Babcock University is part of the Seventh-day Adventist educational system, which means the high education costs are not the only reason why it may not be your cup of tea. The University has been operating since 1999 and currently has the tuition fee of ₦780,000. 

8. Bowen University, Ogun State

Another representative of Ogun State, Bowen University is known as the First Baptist University in Africa. Bowen University was opened in 2002 and has thousands of former and current students. Bowen University is a very well-equipped institution and charges ₦950,000 intuition.

7. Covenant University, Ogun State

Ogun State appears to be one of the leaders of the prestigious education industry in Nigeria. Covenant University is closely associated with the Living Faith Church worldwide and is part of numerous associations. Covenant University always scores high positions in university ratings of Nigeria and has the tuition fee of ₦1.2 million. 

6. Benson Idahosa University, Benin City

The Benson Idahosa University is a Christian institution that was launched in 1993. One of its standout features is the membership in the United States National Academy of Inventors, which no other African university has managed to achieve. You need to pay ₦1.5 million in tuition to study there.

5. Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti

The Afe Babalola University is one of the youngest Nigerian universities, being launched only in 2009. In addition to six popular education programmes, this University is also known for its modern and good-looking campus. A tuition fee of ₦1.8 million is required to study there. 

4. American University Of Nigeria, Adamawa State

The name of the American University already attracts a lot of students looking for high education standards, but the fact that it’s the only American-style university in Sub-Saharan Africa is an even bigger reason to want to study there. Founded by Atiku Abubakar in 2004, the American University charges its students ₦2 million intuition.

3. Pan-Atlantic University, Lagos

One of the few Lagos institutions on this list, the Pan-Atlantic University was founded in 1991 as the Lagos Business School. Since then, the University has evolved into one of the most coveted private schools in Lagos, but the tuition fee of ₦2.5 million can be hardly called affordable. 

2. Baze University, Abuja

For Abuja locals and students from other states, Baze University is one of the dream schools with an international staff, outstanding campus, and high teaching standards. For a tuition fee of ₦3.1 million, you can also experience the joys of studying in Baze University. 

1. Nile University, Abuja

The full name of Nile University is Nigerian Turkish Nile University, which should already give you some idea on what this school is all about. Launched in 1998, this University showed tremendous growth. It is now the most expensive University in Nigeria with a tuition fee of ₦5.7 million. 

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2019/09/21/top-10-most-expensive-universities-in-nigeria/

Why not travel abroad to school
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by jagabanlewis(m): 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
yemex04:

No..folks that graduated from these universities in all honesty may no need to be carrying files about looking for jobs..it's either the grade A jobs are awaiting 4 them or they are properly set up to be an entrepreneur.

I knw of some dt finish frm BIU n IUO that re jobless
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by WillTop: 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2019
scaramucci:

I spent less than N20k From 2002-2006 in UNILAG.

Its a matter of time all these almost free university education will end in Nigeria (we are only postponing the pain to our children). We can't keep increasing in population at this rate (45 million 1960, projected 400 million in 2050) with the high poverty, unemployment pressure on infrastructure, poor leadership, bad citizenship, high dependency ratio (half of our population are children who need care, unemployed non productive adult) and keep expecting the price will remain like this. The signs are already showing, just check the proposed VAT increment the aim is to get it to 10% above
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by alexnurreo(m): 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2019
I go to Babcock a lot, at least once a week.
All the students are fresh... Each and everyone of them come from wealthy families... And their girls, chaii...!!.. The girls are just too beautiful.. Even the ugly ones are pretty..
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by NemzySeries(m): 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2019
midnighter:

youve never heard of Bowen??
hiz 1 of d deported pple frm SA
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by Felixtami(m): 1:38pm On Sep 21, 2019
Hello Nairalanders, I am Franklin, I am seriously in need of a job to help sustain and cater for myself, I will be glad if any job at all is offered to me please.....my contact is 08149627152, franklinnathaneal00@gmail.com, thanks.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by immaculate1234(m): 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2019
Uniben has produced great people like Fashola, RMD, Emmanuel Uduaghan, Victor Uwaifo, Patrick Obahiagbon, Amaju Pinnick, Ovie Omo-Agege, Omoni Oboli, James Ibori, Josephine Anenih and the likes who has all these aforementioned school produced. They only produce Instagram and Twitter slay mamas.

This country is so full of shiiiit
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by Welcomme: 1:44pm On Sep 21, 2019
richPHAROAH:
i remembered when i my mom took me to cac. they contributed money for Afe Babalola University, every sunday till it was built . now non of the church members that contributed to build the university can afford it. thunder fire these pastors
You either don't know what you are saying or you are lying. Afe Babalola is not owned by any church. Chief Afe Babalola SAN owns the school.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by DrayZee: 2:05pm On Sep 21, 2019
StrikeBack:
grin
Most expensive University, 90% are owned by pulpit Fraudsters.

Think Deep...

Religion is our problem
While you're still thinking deep, can you tell me how a university not funded by the government is supposed to be cheap? I'm sure your solution to this issue will be vital to the expensive schools.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 21, 2019
WillTop:

Its a matter of time all these almost free university education will end in Nigeria (we are only postponing the pain to our children). We can't keep increasing in population at this rate (45 million 1960, projected 400 million in 2050) with the high poverty, unemployment pressure on infrastructure, poor leadership, bad citizenship, high dependency ratio (half of our population are children who need care, unemployed non productive adult) and keep expecting the price will remain like this. The signs are already showing, just check the proposed VAT increment the aim is to get it to 10% above

You made some valid points. That one of high dependency ratio has stalled the growth of so many hard working young men and women. I wish people carry less burden on them.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by StrikeBack(m): 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2019
DrayZee:

While you're still thinking deep, can you tell me how a university not funded by the government is supposed to be cheap? I'm sure your solution to this issue will be vital to the expensive schools.
How are these religious private school funded??
Loans??
Grants??

I'm waiting ooo
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by Loveskid(m): 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2019
Why is UI not there now
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by BonPatrick(m): 2:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
Lol
chinchonglee:

Chai!!!
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by BonPatrick(m): 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2019
What of unn
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by Uzee24: 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2019
chinchonglee:

Chai!!!

Lolz...ur own cost o! Mine was a total of #93k+ in UNIZIK from 1st year in 2009 to final year in 2013.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by chinchonglee(m): 3:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
Uzee24:

Lolz...ur own cost o! Mine was a total of #93k+ in UNIZIK from 1st year in 2009 to final year in 2013.
I knw UNIZIK is very cheap... But mine woz in 2012-2016

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by chinchonglee(m): 3:18pm On Sep 21, 2019
yemex04:

Lucky you..your tuition fee was heavy susidized by the FG..
Useless FG
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by Garrieveryday: 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2019
Truth is, only 2-3% of Nigerian parents can send their wards to these schools. Other ones are not ordinary civil servants.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by mixta140: 3:43pm On Sep 21, 2019
StrikeBack:
grin
Most expensive University, 90% are owned by pulpit Fraudsters.

Think Deep...

Religion is our problem
Bros quality education aint cheap.
Are you the one to pay running expenses so it will be easier for them to charge far less
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 21, 2019
You haven't heard abt LCU Bowen
DonTattaglia:
I haven't even heard d names of some of them.. Lead, Nile, Bowen....
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by yaxson(m): 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2019
chinchonglee:

Chai!!!

Lol when I pay 85,600
Here at ahmedu bello university
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by yakson123: 4:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
chinchonglee:

Chai!!!
lol my brother your own expensive self
My own Total was 75k from 100l-400l and I'm more productive than all the private university graduates in my office
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by chinchonglee(m): 4:05pm On Sep 21, 2019
yakson123:
lol my brother your own expensive self
My own Total was 75k from 100l-400l and I'm more productive than all the private university graduates in my office
Dats the issue...
Is it Dat dis private schools hire lecturers from overseas or what

Jst wondering if the calibre of lecturers in their schools re different frm ours
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria by notoriousbabe: 4:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
Upon all we no see Nigeria for world map . Mtcheeeeeeeeeeerw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Ten Deadliest Animals In Africa / Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools / Federal University, Otuoke Hostels Flooded, Python Killed (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.