Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Global Career African Job Exhibition Hel Annually In London: Authentic? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Global Career African Job Exhibition Hel Annually In London: Authentic? (2791 Views)

Authentic Inec Gsm Numbers Database According To Lga,sex And Name / NIGERIA: 2014 UKEAS UK Free Education Exhibition / Do You Want To Earn 6 Million And Above Annually? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Global Career African Job Exhibition Hel Annually In London: Authentic? by Nobody: 11:41am On May 18, 2007
Hi Naija family,

I just attended a Global Career Job fair for Africa in London.

I did well in two interviews out of three and received 2 letters a week after the event , a congratulate me that they were interested very much and will contact me for another interview in another week.

However a week later I have heard nothing at all !!!! I was also told that at some of these fairs, a job offer might be made and not materialise which is a scam.

If this is the case it will be madness for me to resign from my well paid IT Job in the UK as a network engineer only be stranded by a Job offer which was not genuine.

If no be say person wan commot for Oyinbo land - wink

Anyway advice needed.

Cheerio.
Re: Global Career African Job Exhibition Hel Annually In London: Authentic? by DisGuy: 2:07pm On May 18, 2007
Well dont resign your job untilyou get a serious offer and make sure they dont ask you for money!
Re: Global Career African Job Exhibition Hel Annually In London: Authentic? by TheOne2(m): 2:08am On May 19, 2007
Do you actually think it's fake?

Anyways to answer your question, let me authoritatively tell you that it's real. How do I know you'll ask? Goes this way: I'm currently taking an M.Sc course here in the UK (on a 1 yr leave of absence from work) and decided to give some of my naija peeps in class some leg up and called the guy in charge of recruitment for petroleum engrs in the company where I work. Guess what? He said they should apply to the global careers company i.e. 2careers in Africa" which they did and they've all written their tests awaiting interviews now. In fact all of Shell, Chevron, AgipENI, Haliburton, Baker Hughes were there. A lot of banks too. I even heard that the banks were giving offers on the spot.

So don't be afraid OK, if you did well you'll be contacted again.
Re: Global Career African Job Exhibition Hel Annually In London: Authentic? by justyn3x(m): 9:56am On May 20, 2007
Just breezing through this and stumbled on the post, it would be good to post the website addy on the jobs link of naira land if they don't mind recruiting locally from Nigeria.

A lot of good graduates are stranded in the search-market (labour-market) and can do with this kind of opportunity.
Re: Global Career African Job Exhibition Hel Annually In London: Authentic? by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 20, 2007
http://www.nigeriajobsonline.com/Recruitment%20Exhibition.php?PHPSESSID=9ce0294c77db19b04137e96e223a2fec

# JINE Nigeria is a meeting point between Nigeria companies, Multinational and Nigerian Professionals abroad.
Attendance
Attendance at JINE Nigeria is STRICTLY BY INVITATION. To be considered for JINE Nigeria, the following are essential criteria;

# Graduate Entry Level Professionals
# Experienced Professional with minimum 3 years experience
# Demonstrable Knowledge and Skills in area of interest
# Exceptional Skills presently unavailable or in limited supply in Nigeria
# Must have lived and worked abroad for a minimum of 2 years
# Must be wiling to be in Nigeria in December 2007
# Experience in Oil & Gas, Telecommunication, HRM, Corporate Finance, Accounting, Consulting, Engineering & Technical, Strategy & Business Development, Information Technology, Project Management, etc

Submit your application for assessment. Please send CV to jinenigeria@nigeriajobsonline.com

Venue

Muson Centre
Onikan Lagos
Nigeria

Date
11th - 15th December 2007.

Time
10.00am - 6.00pm Daily

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Job / Itil V3 Foundation Certified - Lets Meet Here / Procurement Officer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.