Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,442 members, 7,826,700 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges (26637 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore's New Bail Conditions / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS Over #revolutionnow Protest / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by asspen8: 9:46pm On Sep 21, 2019
AroleOduduwa2:
Sowore is a willing tool, people should stop the narrative that he's fighting for the masses

U must be stupid for saying this

Who is he fighting for oooooo?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by asspen8: 9:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
Godoverevery:
one thing I want most people to know is we d Yorubas don't celebrate idiot and rude people...sowore is someone who has a good vision but going about in a bad way,bad character,bad mouth....D's man insult everyone who doesn't share is vision and ideas(av listen to him more than 4 occasion on radio and TV) he has a very bad mouth....we respect our elders in Yoruba land so if there someone who thinks d way to change things is by insulting,cursing, been radical and expect us to support him am sorry that can only work in the SE.
funny enough even the PDP in the SW who sud be jumping on D's to score political point are even mute because he has burnt alot of bridges with is foul mouth.
Sowore is a nobody to us the Yoruba....he has never done anything to help the struggle of we the Yoruba race..he only fighting for his pocket...am sure he can't even win is constituency in an election in his state yet he wants to be the president.

peaceful protest is for all......but a call revolution is something no country in world will ever take.
there is a video were he made the statement calling for revolution (maybe he didn't know the meaning of the word I guess).
I wish him all d best.....next time he will no easy does it...no be only him dey smoke and want a better Nigeria.
Brother wey mumu na him you be....
You said he has done nothing to improve or help the struggles of the Yoruba race,what have you or your father done to help their Yoruba race aside from looting, am very sure U're way older that him,oleeeeee..
He's fighting for his pocket the way ur father did abii ......ode
Did ur president called buhari didn't protest on REVOLUTION,Years back, so whatvare u saying, Mr lecturer,since you are the only one in your village that knows the meaning of revolution,
All you want for urself is looting,nd I say a word now,anybody born of woman that want to destroy this country in any means God Almighty will destroy him nd his generation forever including the bad leaders in this country Amen.....
Don't be a coward....
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by bhella10: 10:00pm On Sep 21, 2019
Mouthpis:
Nonsense. Madam, you are among the people that brought this govt on us all. So, sit tight, we are all in this together.

Karma is just taking it's time to pick y'all "Judas Iscariot" one by one.

You might just be next, so for now, you can continue the wailing while it last ma.

Next level mode is about to be activated.
one ipob attacking another. Interesting.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by bhella10: 10:05pm On Sep 21, 2019
asspen8:

Brother wey mumu na him you be....
You said he has done nothing to improve or help the struggles of the Yoruba race,what have you or your father done to help their Yoruba race aside from looting, am very sure U're way older that him,oleeeeee..
He's fighting for his pocket the way ur father did abii ......ode
Did ur president called buhari didn't protest on REVOLUTION,Years back, so whatvare u saying, Mr lecturer,since you are the only one in your village that knows the meaning of revolution,
All you want for urself is looting,nd I say a word now,anybody born of woman that want to destroy this country in any means God Almighty will destroy him nd his generation forever including the bad leaders in this country Amen.....
Don't be a coward....
Bros who do you like this?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by asspen8: 10:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
ednut1:
Sowore pele . You go tey for cell
By the Grace of God Almighty he will be set free,nd you will be put to shame,

Useless nd aimless youth
You will not benefit from his(sowore) struggles for this country betterment...

You will only see it with ur eyes
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by asspen8: 10:10pm On Sep 21, 2019
bhella10:
Bros who do you like this?
Ask Google naa
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by bhella10: 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2019
Gerald454:

Guy am from delta state. We respect u when u respect ur self.. we dont respect u because u are old,we respect because u worth to be respected......that is why we biafras respect Nnandi kanu. Because he has proven to be respected
Delta self dey claim wetin? Msscheew...
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2019
It's unfortunate the way some people posted comments here out of sentiments. Una eyes go soon clear
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by osazsky(m): 10:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
This woman should be detained not sowere I hate her ugliness, see her lips like that of liar mohammed
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by osazsky(m): 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2019
asspen8:

By the Grace of God Almighty he will be set free,nd you will be put to shame,

Useless nd aimless youth
You will not benefit from his(sowore) struggles for this country betterment...

You will only see it with ur eyes

never he deserves to rot in jail for all his lies and for misleading us in d past spits on his parents
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by DamiBukola: 11:18pm On Sep 21, 2019
Godoverevery:
one thing I want most people to know is we d Yorubas don't celebrate idiot and rude people...sowore is someone who has a good vision but going about in a bad way,bad character,bad mouth....D's man insult everyone who doesn't share is vision and ideas(av listen to him more than 4 occasion on radio and TV) he has a very bad mouth....we respect our elders in Yoruba land so if there someone who thinks d way to change things is by insulting,cursing, been radical and expect us to support him am sorry that can only work in the SE.
funny enough even the PDP in the SW who sud be jumping on D's to score political point are even mute because he has burnt alot of bridges with is foul mouth.
Sowore is a nobody to us the Yoruba....he has never done anything to help the struggle of we the Yoruba race..he only fighting for his pocket...am sure he can't even win is constituency in an election in his state yet he wants to be the president.

peaceful protest is for all......but a call revolution is something no country in world will ever take.
there is a video were he made the statement calling for revolution (maybe he didn't know the meaning of the word I guess).
I wish him all d best.....next time he will no easy does it...no be only him dey smoke and want a better Nigeria.
unfortunately, he is not a Yoruba man but an Ijaw man.

Kapish!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by RexTramadol1: 11:19pm On Sep 21, 2019
MobilityExpress:
Nigerians are the architect of their own problems. Ok, let's assume majority made a mistake in 2015 voting for Buhari, let's assume it was because Nigerians didn't really have much of a choice, had to choose the lesser of 2 evils, had to pick between the devil and the deep blue sea, so they (we) chose the deep blue sea. But 2019 was different, we actually had a choice, we didn't have to choose between the frying pan or fire anymore, we didn't have to choose between a lion or a crocodile to eat us, we had candidates like Oby Ezekwensili, we had Fela Durotoye etc, but no, these candidates were invisble to the eyes of many Nigerian voters, all they were yelling was Atikulated, a man that is exactly like the one they want to remove (or even worse off). They wanted to replace a fulani man with another fulani man, replace a Miyetti Herdsmen supporter or patron with another Miyetti Herdsmen patron, replace a 70yr+ man with another 70yr+ man, replace the presidency with the other side of the same coin. I was surprised at first, but now I'm no longer surprised, because look at the BBN show, Nigerians given the opportunity to vote and who do they vote for? Your guess is as good as mine, they keep voting for the worst set of participants like Tacha, Mercy that represent everything wrong with society etc and the participants that possess fine leadership qualities are being evicted like stray dogs. That's a clear picture of the kind of corporate decadence that has eaten deep into Nigerians, and craving to celebrate evil, to choose evil over good, then later complain when the evil they chose consumes them. Nigerians are their own worst enemies. The government is just cashing in on our national stupidity. We love our oppressors and we continue to vote oppressors and then later complain about oppression and what do we do the first chance we get to vote to end oppression? We vote for another oppressor. I pray, if such a thing exists, that in the next life, if there is such a thing as a next life, that I never be reborn as a Nigerian.

Remove that Fela, that guy na real scam

Since elections e just mute
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 21, 2019
Godoverevery:

Pls ignore this numbskull who has sold his conscience for a pot of gbegiri. He does not speak for we Yorubas. There's a Yoruba message which goes: omo eni o ni buru titi ka fi fekun paje. Also yorubas believe t'aba fowo otun b'omo wi a fi t'osi faa m'ora. Therefore he is only following the dictates of his stomach.
Sowore is one of the few who fought for this democracy he presently enjoys to advertise his foolishness. Sowore did this at the prime of his youth. He has never and will never be a bootlicker while this peasant has chosen the life of a mercenary.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by Onlyonebuhari: 11:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
Even this dullard don't know the difference between a protest and calling for forceful overthrow of government.
Idiot!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by Onlyonebuhari: 11:51pm On Sep 21, 2019
Buckubuck:

Pls ignore this numbskull who has sold his conscience for a pot of gbegiri. He does not speak for we Yorubas. There's a Yoruba message which goes: omo eni o ni buru titi ka fi fekun paje. Also yorubas believe t'aba fowo otun b'omo wi a fi t'osi faa m'ora. Therefore he is only following the dictates of his stomach.
Sowore is one of the few who fought for this democracy he presently enjoys to advertise his foolishness. Sowore did this at the prime of his youth. He has never and will never be a bootlicker while this peasant has chosen the life of a mercenary.

Sowore cup is full. Where were you when he raped and jumped bail in unilag? He will rot in jail.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 21, 2019
Onlyonebuhari:

Sowore cup is full. Where were you when he raped and jumped bail in unilag? He will rot in jail.
He may rot in jail. But it doesn't remove the fact that your education is rotten and English is in jail in ur hands. Pls drop the phone and stop this infantile embarrassment
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by Iamoriginalben(m): 11:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
tayebest:
I hate cowards angry angry

Shhhhhh!! It is easier to come on social media to scream "I HATE COWARD" but when it matters most we will never find people like U to step forward.

Pls jare save us the space and let's hear from people that have something to say...
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by Gerald454: 1:04am On Sep 22, 2019
bhella10:
Delta self dey claim wetin? Msscheew...

Just tell me watin ur state dey contribute to the one zoogeria??
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by AeroplaneApple: 2:05am On Sep 22, 2019
Angelfrost:

So, how come one of the charges leveled against him states, "insulted the President"??! Is it also unconstitutional to 'insult' the President??!
hi bro you question sounds unintelligent.
The president represents the whole nation, insulting him means you are insulting Nigeria. The insult we heap on Buhari on Nairaland is because we are anonymous...
Sowore thought it was Goodluck Johnathan that was still the president...
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by GEEBITE: 2:59am On Sep 22, 2019
In your imagination right.His names translated literally:Omoyele(the child is good for home);Sowore(engage in business without hurting no one) Stephen his middle name is foreign.He is an ilaje a sub tribe of the Yorubas just like the Ijebu or Ekiti.From Ilaje/Ese odo local government not from the the arogbo/ijaw side although they are quite close and share some affinity.Kingsley Kuku is the Ijaw man from Ondo state.
DamiBukola:
unfortunately, he is not a Yoruba man but an Ijaw man.

Kapish!

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by GEEBITE: 3:03am On Sep 22, 2019
Haa,SUG president raped somebody and didn't make headlines.For your info, Sowore was abducted by DSS using the cover of cultists and was injected with a substance that nearly killed him but he survived.The reason he was granted political asylum by US in 1995.Please fear God and dont damage somebody's reputation with false allegation.
Onlyonebuhari:

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by shakeratl: 4:18am On Sep 22, 2019
It is alot of cowards hiding under the guise of culture, respectability politics. It is no way that Sowore should be in jail. His rights have been violated. Anyone has the privilege to PUSH against policies and call a revolution. If you think revolution is a word that should not be used in Nigeria I suggest you read Merriam Webster dictionary and read the definition. STeeOP BEING COWARD AND STAND UP FOR A BETTER NIGERIA> THE COUNTRY IS IN THE TOILET RIGHT NOW> FREEDOM HAVE BEEN ERODED>>ECONOMY IS DOWN THE DRAIN>>INSECURITy IS AT AN ALL TIME HIGH.. # free Sowore
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by Techsunny: 6:19am On Sep 22, 2019
Godoverevery:

Nuisance
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by Yupng: 6:32am On Sep 22, 2019
Why fight for a people that still Loves their chain?
Nigerians are too selfish to care. So surprised that even Nairamarley got more support than Sowore.

All he did was call for a cry for REAL change.
All sowore was trying to do was to provoke our conscience to stand up and fight for the future of our country.

In our very eyes, he was kidnapped, detained and now charged for treason. Really? Shame.. Shame..shame I weep for Nigeria... It hurts to see the same man that sacrificed his comfort and that of his family for an ungrateful people.

Tomorrow will hold us all accountable. The I better pass my neighbour peace you seem to be enjoying today, will soon be lost when the very poor rise up in hunger and outmost frustration. (over 100 million in abject poverty)

And for those so called celebrities that wont say shit because of their selfish gains, KARMA IS REAL!
#freesowore
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by naijapips04: 7:02am On Sep 22, 2019
Godoverevery:

Wow. They have denied sowore o! Bunch of arse lickers
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by LoveDecay(m): 7:11am On Sep 22, 2019
englishmart:
Any government that is against protest is a failed government.

Next time you leave your house leave the doors and gate wide open.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by Angelfrost(m): 7:11am On Sep 22, 2019
AeroplaneApple:
hi bro you question sounds unintelligent.
The president represents the whole nation, insulting him means you are insulting Nigeria. The insult we heap on Buhari on Nairaland is because we are anonymous...
Sowore thought it was Goodluck Johnathan that was still the president...

It's a simple question sir... Is it unconstitutional to insult the president??! Is it a punishable crime worthy of jail term to verbally insult the president??!... That's a Yes or No question... The intelligence of the question is subjective and quite moot!!! Good morning.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by Jchi9876: 7:22am On Sep 22, 2019
Johnnyessence:
we have read her rant. next please. as far as am concern, oby ezekwesili is a clueless hyprocrite that hide herself under human rights activism.

First time you ever made sense in years
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by chiblaze07(m): 7:58am On Sep 22, 2019
"Power of the people is greater than the people in power" This too will pass. I'm so sure of this.

Meanwhile,

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, FOR SNAIL FARMERS AND THOSE INTERESTED IN SNAIL FARMING.

Filed under the category SNAIL FARMING BUSINESS: Read Everything about snail farming here

Have you been looking for a way to incubate your snail eggs so that you can hatch more snails for your snail farm?

Can I tell you something?

Hatching snail eggs is one of the easiest things to do in snail farming.

That’s why you don’t get to see many articles that give clarity to this topic.

They assume you should know how to hatch snail eggs by yourself without anyone teaching you.

In this article, I will take you through the entire process of setting up an incubator for snails eggs and also show you how to incubate snail eggs.

That’s not all!

I will also teach you how to care for the snail eggs while they are still in the incubator, and how you can track the hatching of new snails for business records.

At the end of this article, I have added a video that will show you practically everything you need to know about hatching snails eggs.

If you are ready, let’s dive right in!!

Read the full article - How to hatch snail eggs

Read other related articles on https://agro4africa.com

HeWrites:
Former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili has insinuated that the federal government may only cage Sowore but not his idea, Igbere TV reports.

The Federal Government, on Friday, filed seven counts of treasonable felony and money laundering against Sowore.

In a series of tweets on Saturday, Ezekwesili, a staunch critic of the present administration blamed President Muhammadu Buhari said that Sowore is unconstitutionally and unlawfully detainrd

Her tweets reads; “We stand on with Sowore and defend his constitutional right and freedom to protest any matter of Governance that worries him.

Mr Sowore’s convening of Citizens to protest Poor Governance - via RevolutionNow- is Constitutionally guaranteed.

Gratitude to his legal team.

Democracy and Voice are Siamese Twins.

The good kind of Siamese Twins.

No one regardless of their position is given the right to shut down Voices like Sowore ‘s for daring to disagree.

How long shall it take before the FG understands the basis of Democracy?

Our FG led by President Buhari may think they have ‘caged’ Sowore because he dared to challenge Bad Leadership and Poor Governance through #RevolutionNow.

Not so, actually.

His Idea can never be caged.

Why?

You cannot cage an idea whose time has come.

Sowore is unconstitutionally and unlawfully detained for calling out deadly incompetence of the government of Buhari

Not even the Judiciary is spared this spread of deadly incompetence.
Here’s the thing.

This level of Incompetence is too costly and unsustainable.

It is painful that Sowore bears the brunt of the collective dissatisfaction of the Citizens of Nigerians toward a grossly incompetent and intolerant.

We must thank him for once again reminding us that:

The Power of the People is greater than the People in Power!

When the Citizens of Nigeria are ready, neither Sowore nor anyone else need publicly mobilize them and be accused of “wanting to overthrow a government”.

The Citizens shall on their own rid themselves of a trenchantly incompetent and wicked Political Class. It’ll happen✍�✍�”

https://twitter.com/obyezeks/status/1175382321052225536?s=19

http://igberetvnews.com/1010768/former-minister-reacts-to-omoyele-sowores-detention-seven-count-charges/

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by ejimatic: 8:08am On Sep 22, 2019
Tomide007:

If you should truly remove sentiments suing an individual is a civil matter as such it is illegal for the government to be involved. The DSS cannot even charge sowore to court on such grounds....even without sowore having a lawyer, that part will be struck out.
. I respect your view and opinion on this issue.Let see how the events will unfold
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by ejimatic: 8:10am On Sep 22, 2019
Tomide007:

If you should truly remove sentiments suing an individual is a civil matter as such it is illegal for the government to be involved. The DSS cannot even charge sowore to court on such grounds....even without sowore having a lawyer, that part will be struck out.
. your view and opinion are respected.. Let see how the events will unfold.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Detention, Seven-count Charges by Niaja4real(m): 8:35am On Sep 22, 2019
Jones4190:
madam you can continued from were he stop, infact start your own today or are you happy with what is going on know?
Madam wey don japa from her #BBOG campaign, no fit do jack

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Weather Disrupts Tinubu’s 12th Colloquium In Kano / El-Rufai: Ikeja, Kano, PH, Other NBA Branches Shun Call To Boycott AGM / Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.