Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,922 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) (1702 Views)

Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2019
I visited the National Complex of Manas Ordo (манас Опдо)today in Kyrgyzstan, and it was all fun. The people here are so nice, friendly and lovely. As soon as I stepped my foot on the pathway, I became a "Celebrity." Everyone wants to take a picture with me. So I enjoyed the moment of my fame. grin grin grin

Nairaland 4MB maximum size for pictures is not allowing me to upload pictures. I will need to compress them, so give me some time.

Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by tolugar: 7:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
Timijo:
I visited the National Complex of Manas Ordo (манас Опдо)today in Kyrgyzstan, and it was all fun. The people here are so nice, friendly and lovely. As soon as I stepped my foot on the pathway, I became a "Celebrity." Everyone wants to take a picture with me. So I enjoyed the moment of my fame. grin grin grin

You no get data again??

Waiting for the pics ooo
Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2019
Lol...data is not a problem here. 1GB is like 5 naira, I need to compress all the pictures.
tolugar:

You no get data again??

Waiting for the pics ooo

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
Nigerians = MTN grin grin
Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2019
Let me give a brief history of Manas Ordo before I prepare all the pictures.

BRIEF HISTORY

Manas-Ordo is a cultural and historical complex, housing the story of the famous epic hero of Kyrgyzstan, Manas. According to the legend, his grave is located in this place. Manas-Ordo is located 15 kilometers east of the city of Talas. According to legend, the headquarter of Manas was located in the Talas Valley.
A few words about Manas and its significance for the Kyrgyz people. Manas is the hero of the epos, the biggest in the world, surpassing the famous Indian Mahabharata and Homer’s Illiad.
The epos narrates about the Kyrgyz hero Manas, who returned the Kyrgyz from Altai to the Tien Shan and later defended them against Chinese raids. The epic is historical and therefore a significant part of the events described in it actually happened.
Complex Manas Ordo was created to preserve the memory of such a significant phenomenon in the Kyrgyz culture.

Front view of the Museum

Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2019
All pictures will be ready tomorrow, it's 12:33 am here, I need to sleep.
Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by MERCHANDISER: 7:38pm On Sep 21, 2019
Haba!
Nigerians dey waka o cheesy
Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Andersonjr(m): 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2019
Anxiously waiting for the pics smiley
Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2019
These women are called бабушки (babushki), in English, grandmothers.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2019
Portraits of Kyrgyrz's famous writers

Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 8:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
The birth of Manas Ordo

His father, an aging though wealthy and generous leader of his people, is without a son or heir. He visits a holy place, prays for a son and soon after his wife becomes pregnant. She develops cravings for tiger meat. The proud father-to-be spares no effort getting it. Care is taken to keep the pregnancy a secret from the Uyghers as it is feared that the Kyrgyz heir might be targeted while still in the womb for political reasons. All the while, wise men describe the deeds Manas will accomplish and the armies he will lead. When he is born, he leaps from the womb and lands on his feet, ready to fight.

Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
Manas Evolution

Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 8:24pm On Sep 21, 2019
Manas' Weapons of war

Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2019
I will share more pictures and stories tomorrow.

TO BE CONTINUED
Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by moneyadulttube: 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
How much from Nigeria to krygyztan
Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Geofavor(m): 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2019
smartsk:
Nigerians = MTN grin grin
Hi
Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by KendrickAyomide: 11:38pm On Sep 21, 2019
Wetin you find go that shite country. Smh

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by chukxie(m): 12:56am On Sep 22, 2019
Nice! I love travelling because it allows me to learn new things, experience new adventures, eat new foods, and see life from a much more bigger perspective. Have fun in Kyrgyzstan, man. I would love to visit Krygyztan and other parts of central Asia that I'm curious about. The closest I got to experiencing a teeny little bit of central Asia was last summer when I was at the Kazakhstan autonomous region of Altay in Xinjiang province, China. Beautiful experience it was. Have fun, man.
Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 3:29am On Sep 22, 2019
KendrickAyomide:
Wetin you find go that shite country. Smh
You need to go out and see things by yourself. Assumption is the lowest level of knowledge.
These people here are not shiite and neither are they religious extremists. Their Muslims are not like some of the wicked ones in Nigeria; they are lovely and tolerant. Since I have been here, I have not seen a mosque on the street unlike in Nigeria where churches and mosques occupy every street, but evil is the order of the day.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 3:32am On Sep 22, 2019
You are right brother, it's good to explore other countries. In fact, I ate horse meat for the first time yesterday.
chukxie:
Nice! I love travelling because it allows me to learn new things, experience new adventures, eat new foods, and see life from a much more bigger perspective. Have fun in Kyrgyzstan, man. I would love to visit Krygyztan and other parts of central Asia that I'm curious about. The closest I got to experiencing a teeny little bit of central Asia was last summer when I was at the Kazakhstan autonomous region of Altay in Xinjiang province, China. Beautiful experience it was. Have fun, man.
Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by KendrickAyomide: 6:08am On Sep 22, 2019
Timijo:
You need to go out and see things by yourself. Assumption is the lowest level of knowledge.
These people here are not shiite and neither are they religious extremists. Their Muslims are not like some of the wicked ones in Nigeria; they are lovely and tolerant. Since I have been here, I have not seen a mosque on the street unlike in Nigeria where churches and mosques occupy every street, but evil is the order of the day.
I'm wondering because these are the countries where you can be the only black person in one full community.too hard to fit in.
Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by chukxie(m): 6:12am On Sep 22, 2019
Timijo:
You are right brother, it's good to explore other countries. In fact, I ate horse meat for the first time yesterday.

Nice! It must be delicious. Would love to try it. Post more photos, bro. All the best to you.
Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by tolugar: 6:34am On Sep 22, 2019
Timijo:

Is there any business potentials in that country
Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 9:32am On Sep 22, 2019
The most important thing is the reception, and is good. They are very accommodating and hospitable. In fact, I don't want to have anything to do with Nigerians now.
KendrickAyomide:
I'm wondering because these are the countries where you can be the only black person in one full community.too hard to fit in.
Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 9:39am On Sep 22, 2019
I just left church now; I will post more pictures later.
chukxie:

Nice! It must be delicious. Would love to try it. Post more photos, bro. All the best to you.
Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 9:42am On Sep 22, 2019
I just heard that they don't have bananas and oranges here; they import them from other countries. So you can think about it.
tolugar:

Is there any business potentials in that country

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 11:29am On Sep 22, 2019
Manas' Grave
The most important attraction of the complex is the Manas Gumbez, ie its grave.
In fact, the Gumbez is not the grave of Manas. The building of the Gumbez is a Karakhanid mausoleum of the late period, built 5 centuries before the events described by the epos. Presumably, the daughter of the Karakhanid Khan rests there. The mausoleum is covered with a carved mosaic made of clay and the dome is a cone of rugged shape, which is rare in the buildings of Central Asia.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Lordkross(m): 11:30am On Sep 22, 2019
Interesting.... please share more with us. What are you doing there? Accommodation and stuffs like that, naija is about to lose some of it's citizens without even knowing.
Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 11:38am On Sep 22, 2019
Statues of Manas' Friends
Manas remains potent and pertinent in Kyrgyzstan for many reasons. He had forty friends who worked with him, and Kyrgyzstan still sees itself as divided into those same forty tribes. The official flag of the republic bears a sun with forty rays pointing a single yurt, the traditional domestic architecture of Kyrgyzstan. The Tulip Revolution was fought in part because it was perceived that the president was too deeply entrenching his own tribe into politics and the economy at the expense of other tribes.

Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 11:40am On Sep 22, 2019
Manas' Friends

Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 11:43am On Sep 22, 2019
This is Manas' Statue on the Pillar as a Hero

Re: My Visit To The Historical National Complex Of Manas Ordo In Kyrgyzstan (photos) by Timijo(m): 11:46am On Sep 22, 2019
More Photos from Inside the Museum

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wonderland, Abuja - New Joint In Town! / The Fear Of British Embassy (ukvisas Nig Ltd Plc) Is The Begining Of Wisdom / Seychelles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.