Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,415 members, 7,958,225 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:59 AM

Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People (5028 Views)

Portable Spotted Trekking Barefoot On A Street In Sango (Video) / Lady Behind MTN Voice 'You Have One Minute Remaining' And 'Your Account Is Too / Without Jaruma, Oluwa Lagos Is Nothing, Meet The Lady Behind Oluwa Lagos Riches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by Lexzai: 1:16am On Sep 22, 2019
Afolayan Temitayo is a graduate of Mass Communication, Olabisi Onabanjo University who happens to love singing, watching movies, outings with friends. She recently thought of bringing out a good concept on connecting people through trekking and ever since she tweeted about the concept on Twitter, with the tweet having over 15,000 likes and over 6,000 retweets on Twitter, it has been talk of the town. In this interview, Temitayo talks about how she is going to execute her plans for Otrek and more. Enjoy the interview with Temitayo and CEO Exclusiveclue, Lexzai.

Did your outings with friends brought the idea of Otrek?

Actually, no. I just randomly thought about it.

Looking at how people reacted positively to the tweet, what are the things you've done to make Otrek a reality?

Working with a developer already. I intend to make the app a reality because of the number of feedbacks I got.
Due to the insecurity issues in Nigeria, what are the security or preventive measures you're going to take for people to feel more secure when they connect with people on Otrek?

Yes I know there’d be security issues and we’d definitely work on that aspect. Can’t say much on that for now but it will be put into consideration.

Did Opay/Oride inspired you to give your App the name 'Otrek'?

The O is for ORGANIZED. That is “Organized Trek’. I don’t know what the o in Opay stands for so I can’t say it was inspired by them.

Have any agency messaged about working on your idea and are you willing to sell your app ideas to any company that is ready to pay a huge amount of money?

Developers, tech workers and the likes reached out but I already got who I need so I declined other offers. Nothing about buying the idea yet, I haven’t gotten that.

A user tagged Otrek 'The innovative app that will make trekking fun'; how would you make money by making trekking fun? Or are you trying to make it a voluntary app?

We’ll work on monetizing it. Can’t give details until then.

Since Otrek would be connecting people, do you see Otrek as a means of getting people into relationship; something like dating?

Lol, yes something like that can come off it. But it’s not basically a dating app, I just feel when people connect, things like that tend to happen. Eventually, it might lead to getting people into relationship.
Also, would Otrek be nationwide or just Lagos?

I’m dreaming big, bigger than Lagos. Bigger than one country.
If people/organizations wants to contact you, where can they contact you?

They can contact me on Twitter/Instagram: @Taymietee_

Click here for more

Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by Bantino(m): 1:54am On Sep 22, 2019
Connecting people through trekking
Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by ThinkWISELY(m): 1:55am On Sep 22, 2019
God forbid

Tufiakwa

5 Likes

Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by poshestmina(f): 4:18am On Sep 22, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Is this a joke of some sort?

If i don't have money for transport and I want to use my leggendenz Benz ,I'll buy data and start looking for who to trek from my location to my destination ?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
I trust our uncles them , they'll start looking for fine babes to trek with cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Y'all better stay safe !!! ...better you trek to your graves cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by Nickisindigo(m): 7:16am On Sep 22, 2019
she better dont use that name only if she understand business

1 Like

Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by generationz(f): 7:52am On Sep 22, 2019
Did your outings with friends brought the idea of Otrek?

Op, what is this?

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by chukzyfcbb: 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2019
poshestmina:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Is this a joke of some sort?

If i don't have money for transport and I want to use my leggendenz Benz ,I'll buy data and start looking for who to trek from my location to my destination ?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
I trust our uncles them , they'll start looking for fine babes to trek with cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Y'all better stay safe !!! ...better you trek to your graves cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
The app would be more of a socializing thing.

Maybe you see one fine dude on the app within your area saying he is willing to trek to a mall 2km away, you can decide to FAKE that you are willing to trek to the same place too, so both of you can connect.

I think that's how it will be geared towards. more socializing.
Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by chukzyfcbb: 12:08pm On Sep 22, 2019
Nickisindigo:
she better dont use that name only if she understand business
Actually that name is perfect, because the name Otrek will easily arouse suspicion and make people ask questions like which one be O trek again

The name is catchy

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by fiftynaira(m): 1:17pm On Sep 22, 2019
This thing no go work for owerri, the girls never form finish Na to come trek go where ??
Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by pacino26(m): 2:33pm On Sep 22, 2019
Civilized people do take walks. Here we demonize everything and attribute every safe healthy practice to poverty. The PM of Canada and even the UK rides on a bicycle to work. Try it here and you're tagged a pauper. The indomie generation won't appreciate long walks holding hands of those years cuz all they know about love and affection is summarised in s3x.

Otrek o jare

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by money121(m): 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2019
Ok
Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by Simplecity(m): 3:11pm On Sep 22, 2019
This thing will increase Kidnapings....
Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by Gulher: 4:37pm On Sep 22, 2019
It will only work if it is more inclined towards dating.
Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by KillerBeauty(f): 4:52pm On Sep 22, 2019
pacino26:
Civilized people do take walks. Here we demonize everything and attribute every safe healthy practice to poverty. The PM of Canada and even the UK rides on a bicycle to work. Try it here and you're tagged a pauper. The indomie generation won't appreciate long walks holding hands of those years cuz all they know about love and affection is summarised in s3x.

Otrek o jare
So you want me to ride bicycle from Iyana ipaja to VI every day because UK prime minister rides his bicycle to work.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by FarahAideed: 5:03pm On Sep 22, 2019
The original value proposal is dead on arrival but it can be used to get together for social walks and runs , there are some nights I wish I had someone to run with to Falamo bridge and back
Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by Akachukwu42(m): 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2019
You just gave ritualist a new avenue to catch victims
Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by asgard01(m): 6:08pm On Sep 22, 2019
ALL MAN WAN MAKE HEADLINE... THIS KWANTRY SHA
Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by stamapro(m): 6:18pm On Sep 22, 2019
Those malo way trek from maiduguri to Abuja when oga Buhari dey do election for need this app ooh, Dem for do online otrek obreak
Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by NGRsenate: 7:47pm On Sep 22, 2019
Na so person dey take blow

Very soon, big companies will start endorsing the app for health reasons
Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by Khd95(m): 8:50pm On Sep 22, 2019
"11 trekkers in the next two streets from you"

"Corn seller is right ahead of you"

"There is an aboki kiosk in the next street,in case u want to fix your slippers"

Na fuckery dey always trend for naija, grin
Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2019
the idea would sell.. it will basically be 4 socializing
Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by Jackossky(m): 11:20pm On Sep 22, 2019
Wow
Saw it on twitter.
Never knew she would delve into it.
Let's see its potentials.
Re: Meet The Beautiful Lady Behind Otrek, A Trekking App That Connects People by pacino26(m): 7:48am On Sep 23, 2019
KillerBeauty:

So you want me to ride bicycle from Iyana ipaja to VI every day because UK prime minister rides his bicycle to work.

If you do then you're dum ber than this post of yours.

(1) (Reply)

Ghanaian, Afia Schwarzenegger Dance Pant Down Showing Her Sexy Buttoct / American Singer SZA Goes Completely Naked To Announce Release Of Her New Song / Journey To The Altar! Big Brother Africa’s Kevin Chuwang Pam & Eliza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.