Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m (13569 Views)

New Ways Scammers Defraud ATM Users / Man Uses POS To Defraud Customers N1.2b (photo) / How ATM & Phone Thieves Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by Fenmark: 7:12am On Sep 22, 2019
This is very bad. new lesson learnt, never you pay for a house that is not ready completed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by konkonbilo(m): 7:20am On Sep 22, 2019
People get mind o... How do this people even sleep at night after scaming people like this? May god not let us fall in the hand of scammers ..

1 Like

Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by phymat(m): 7:38am On Sep 22, 2019
I had a similar experience few months ago, if u see this guy u would believe he can't hurt an ant, there was one four bedroom flat that the owners wanted to give out for rent, according to him after the rest he showed interest in being their agent and since he lived just the next house and they knew he does things like that also ,so they consented.... This guy knew that the rent would be outrageous for only one occupant ,650k he decided to share it among 4 occupants without letting the owners know which is still not bad . this is the step that introduce myself and 3 others we paid our our rent since October last year but we were waiting for the other three ...our wait continues until the past person came and pay in January ....only for him to be posting us , afterwards, he disappear into thin air.. Then the search started ....in summary, he has been since arrested currently in kirikiri tho still on remand for 8months .he must suffer ,the total amount he squandered was #10000050.....for an accommodation of 650k.
His name is jimoh forolagba aka abule sowo

3 Likes

Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by armadeo(m): 8:12am On Sep 22, 2019
Riversides2003:
I seriously doubt this story, 279 house seekers?

Tou obviously dont live in lagos. People who build 15 rooms why do you think they do?

The house that can easily be used for scams are those that are cheap so many people can pay.

Let rent be more than 500k before you see 3 people to scam they'll catch you.

This is the third time I'm reading of his type of scam this year.

3 Likes

Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by herakles: 8:13am On Sep 22, 2019
Riversides2003:

unfortunately, it is very true. I know one of the victims of this very case, he is a close friend of mine

5 Likes

Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by armadeo(m): 8:14am On Sep 22, 2019
Fenmark:
This is very bad. new lesson learnt, never you pay for a house that is not ready completed.

Rule no 1 if the joise isnt plug and play dont bother.

No 2 the day you pay who holds the key follows you to the bank as you pay u collect key.

No 3. Immediately put curtains or change the locks on the doors and push somethings into the house.

If not OYO.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by armadeo(m): 8:17am On Sep 22, 2019
phymat:
I had a similar experience few months ago, if u see this guy u would believe he can't hurt an ant, there was one four bedroom flat that the owners wanted to give out for rent, according to him after the rest he showed interest in being their agent and since he lived just the next house and they knew he does things like that also ,so they consented.... This guy knew that the rent would be outrageous for only one occupant ,650k he decided to share it among 4 occupants without letting the owners know which is still not bad . this is the step that introduce myself and 3 others we paid our our rent since October last year but we were waiting for the other three ...our wait continues until the past person came and pay in January ....only for him to be posting us , afterwards, he disappear into thin air.. Then the search started ....in summary, he has been since arrested currently in kirikiri tho still on remand for 8months .he must suffer ,the total amount he squandered was #10000050.....for an accommodation of 650k.

Lol. Make the owner catch una say na 4 separate people dey the house. Immediate eviction unless a lawyer is not involved.

Part of the terms of many agreements in flats is that no subletting. If you sublet your agreement with them is forfeit.

Thank God una catch the guy
Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by AuroraB(f): 8:32am On Sep 22, 2019
Juliearth:

This is a sad one. The economic climate is harsh on everyone, why do this to your fellow human. "Ill-gotten wealth is of no value".
This one had to quote the whole story shocked. Omo ase sad

2 Likes

Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by tot(f): 8:41am On Sep 22, 2019
phymat:

I hope his stay there will be a loooong one. Heartless money desperate human beings.

1 Like

Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by africanmerlin(m): 9:03am On Sep 22, 2019
The house i am living in presently was paid for by 121 victims, 4 selfcontain apartment and 1 room and parlour selfcontain. i happened to be among the lucky 5. Other victims followed the case up from the local police station there ==> Ojo Police station ==> Ojo Palace ==> Ikeja ==> kpanti. Guess what? the case just "disappeared" at kpanti. Nobody was refunded a dine (except maybe people that went thr agents). The woman bought her freedom and is walking free today, because she knows any uprising in 9ja only lasts 1 or 2 weeks and tension dies naturally... if you doubt me ask Sowore.
Nigerians easily forget. i just hope in this case, the victims recover fast. Dont count on any police or court case.

1 Like

Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by CyberWolf: 9:16am On Sep 22, 2019
Fenmark:
And also insist on collecting the House key once you pay. Immediately they start saying come so so date to collect key, grab the person there and collect your money back.

3 Likes

Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by zionmde: 9:18am On Sep 22, 2019
I was one of the victims of this scam. I paid the rent for my brother.
Wen we found out it was fraud I just needed to let go because I knew the money was gone. In order to make sure it doesn't get to me, I rented a far more better and costlier apartment for my brother at a better location.

Beware of uncompleted buildings in lagos
Don't pay for an apartment where u won't collect keys immediately
Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by Agugbadin: 9:22am On Sep 22, 2019
If you commit this kind of crime in China you get death sentence, Alabi and his cohorts should be hanged

1 Like

Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by Catchfirez: 9:48am On Sep 22, 2019
June 23rd will remain a memory to some people.
Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by chukzyfcbb: 9:51am On Sep 22, 2019
This is Lagos, shine your eye!
Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by pekisdgee(m): 10:00am On Sep 22, 2019
Riversides2003:

Very true I'm a living witness..
Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by Emotionss: 10:07am On Sep 22, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
Nwaohafia1:
Reason I don't do agents.

If you are looking for a nice 2 bedroom flat in Port Harcourt, contact me. It's affordable.

Where ?
Location ?
Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by VellyG(m): 10:28am On Sep 22, 2019
Agugbadin:
If you commit this kind of crime in China you get death sentence, Alabi and his cohorts should be hanged
My point exactly, people HV the heart to perpetrate these kind of crime bcoz they know dere's no capital punishment in Nigeria. Its quite sad.
Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by Elsucre042: 11:14am On Sep 22, 2019
That was how i was defrauded of over N250k deposit by some developer around 2013 or so at one No 8 Igbesa street by Otuoba junction, off Lawanson road, Surulere Lagos.

Pls OP i would not mind if the picture of the developer would be made available let me know if its the same developer that swindled over 100 of us then
Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by munchi(m): 12:16pm On Sep 22, 2019
Why is no body talking about the name and tribe now?
Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by Jude49(m): 12:46pm On Sep 22, 2019
Juliearth:

This is a sad one. The economic climate is harsh on everyone, why do this to your fellow human. "Ill-gotten wealth is of no value".

haba bro, u didn't have to quote the whole post nau sad
Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by Juliearth(f): 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2019
Jude49:

haba bro, u didn't have to quote the whole post nau sad

Sorry for doing that,its a habit I have to do away with I guess. I am not a "bro" by the way.
Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by Juliearth(f): 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2019
AuroraB:
This one had to quote the whole story shocked. Omo ase sad

And you had to refer to me as Omo ase? I guess you need some serious growing up to do sister-girl. I can see how grown and matured you are to throw jabs on a thread that wasn't created by you or a comment not directed at you. May I recommend a visit to the doctor because your brain needs some realignment. After that, buy original honey and take 10mls three times daily.
Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by AuroraB(f): 3:17pm On Sep 22, 2019
Juliearth:

And you had to refer to me as Omo ase? I guess you need some serious growing up to do sister-girl. I can see how grown and matured you are to throw jabs on a thread that wasn't created by you or a comment not directed at you. May I recommend a visit to the doctor because your brain needs some realignment. After that, buy original honey and take 10mls three times daily.
Omo ase. You are alone on this journey to recovery sad
Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by Naijazure: 3:30pm On Sep 22, 2019
OdenKelechi:
Happened to my uncle some years ago.
I have serious fear for lagos. That's where crimes are manufactured

Guy easy nah... It's not that bad nah, or is it?
Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by Russianspy(m): 4:20pm On Sep 22, 2019
CyberWolf:
And also insist on collecting the House key once you pay. Immediately they start saying come so so date to collect key, grab the person there and collect your money back.

Very true. Grab the person immediately and cause a scene immediately. No forming of gentlemen, else the money will end up as one chance.

You must be rugged in Lagos
Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by OdenKelechi(m): 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2019
Naijazure:

Guy easy nah... It's not that bad nah, or is it?
It's that bad ma guy.. lagos is a very crazy place to be. A large population of lag is made up of scammers
Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by Jude49(m): 8:28pm On Sep 22, 2019
Juliearth:

Sorry for doing that,its a habit I have to do away with I guess. I am not a "bro" by the way.
No problem sis. Happy sunday to you.
Re: 30 Victims, 1 Apartment: Lagos Developer, Agents Defraud 279 House-seekers N65m by Nwaohafia1: 6:30am On Sep 23, 2019
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

Where ?
Location ?

Harmony Estate, Behind Winner's Chapel, Elelenwo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suspected Armed Robber Stabs Self To Evade Prosecution In Ondo / Customs CG Storms Ogun As Command Seizes Rice, Weeds, Used Tyres, Others / Pastor, Wife And Others Accused Of Child Trafficking In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.