Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Laptop Not Recognizing Phone But Charges It - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Laptop Not Recognizing Phone But Charges It (926 Views)

Any Used Phone But In Great Condition For Sale? / Downloaded A Movie, It Plays On My Phone But Doesn't Play On My Tv / I Have 19k To Buy Phone But Need Suggestion Of Good One. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop Not Recognizing Phone But Charges It by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2019
I asked this question on the computer section, but I'm in need of urgent help and that's why I'm posting this here too.

Recently my laptop stopped recognizing my mobile device whenever I connect it with a USB cord. The USB menu doesn't even come up on my phone anymore. I use my laptop to transfer files to my phone regularly and this is now a problem for me. The phone charges when plugged but that's all it does. What can I do to fix this?
Re: Laptop Not Recognizing Phone But Charges It by bluebay(m): 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2019
Update your system and change cord. It will definitely work .
Re: Laptop Not Recognizing Phone But Charges It by MrJonny(m): 4:05pm On Sep 22, 2019
Use an original USB cord - problem solved

chistev12:
I asked this question on the computer section, but I'm in need of urgent help and that's why I'm posting this here too.

Recently my laptop stopped recognizing my mobile device whenever I connect it with a USB cord. The USB menu doesn't even come up on my phone anymore. I use my laptop to transfer files to my phone regularly and this is now a problem for me. The phone charges when plugged but that's all it does. What can I do to fix this?
Re: Laptop Not Recognizing Phone But Charges It by psucc(m): 4:30pm On Sep 22, 2019
Simply change the cable
Re: Laptop Not Recognizing Phone But Charges It by klasys(m): 6:08pm On Sep 22, 2019
USB cable have 2 pairs of wires, red & black for powering, blue & yellow for data transfer.

If any of the blue or yellow get cut, your device will still be powered, but can never transfer data. That's why computer will not detect your phone but charge it.

Change your cable to new USB data cable, note: we have USB power cable alone, that can't transfer date - only has red & black wire.

You can also check your phone, the setting problem can cause it
Re: Laptop Not Recognizing Phone But Charges It by Freelancerx: 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2019
Update the USB drivers of the laptop.
Re: Laptop Not Recognizing Phone But Charges It by Emmysky(m): 7:38pm On Sep 22, 2019
I had similar issue. I used my phone for transfers to my pc via usb but lately it stopped working but i could use my mouse and other flash drives and modems. I tried updating usb drivers, Updating windows and removing and reinserting the battery but no luck.
I decided to try another phone on my pc with the same cable and it read it fine. I tried my phone on another system with 3 different cables, non worked. I just flashed/factory reset the phone and it started working again smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy A20 Unboxing Like A Pro - Pentaloft / All Of Xiaomi’s 2020 Phones Over N103,000 (CNY2,000) To Support 5G / Wireless Charging Apple Airpod Series 2 Xmax Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.