Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,909 members, 7,828,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

South African Shares How A Nigerian Refused To Sit With Him Over Xenophobic Atta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South African Shares How A Nigerian Refused To Sit With Him Over Xenophobic Atta (389 Views)

We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike / #EndSARS: Modupe Odele, Rinu Oduala & Mr Macaroni Linked To Atiku By David Atta / Dino Melaye Resumes Plenary, Opts To Sit With PDP Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

South African Shares How A Nigerian Refused To Sit With Him Over Xenophobic Atta by shehuolayinka(m): 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2019
A South African, Jason Jetnarayan based in Shibuya, Japan has shared how a Nigerian he met at a bar refused to share the same sit with him over the recent xenophobic attacks in South Africa.

Foreign nationals, especially Nigerians were early this month victims of xenophobic attacks by South Africans, with their business destroyed and looted.

Jason according to his bio, is an IT recruitment consultant after starting as an English teacher.

Jetnarayan shared the story om his Facebook page.

According to him, the Nigerian was visibly upset, and made a statement about South Africans not being his brother.

He said, “Last night something happened that’s really bothered me. I wanted to use this platform to hopefully get a message across.”

I walk into a pub in Shibuya with a friend to watch the football. The pub is busy and there aren’t any seats available, but I look around and spot a black gentleman in a Manchester United jersey with open seats at his table. I approach him to let him know my friend and I are Manchester supporters too and ask permission to join him. He gives us his approval in an African accent. As a proud African myself I’m excited about this because Africans are rare here. So I ask him where he’s from, he says Nigeria and reciprocates the question. I extend my hand and excitedly tell him I’m South African. He doesn’t believe me until I prove it to him, showing him my ID as I beat my chest with pride. However, he doesn’t seem to share the sentiment by the look of it.

He’s visibly upset, and makes a statement about South Africans not being his brother. I immediately realise he’s referring to the xenophobic attacks that have unfortunately occurred in SA for the last decade, and only seems to be getting worse.

READ MORE: https://thebelltimesng.com/2019/09/22/south-africans-not-my-brother-man-shares-how-a-nigerian-refused-to-seat-with-him-over-xenophobic-attacks/

Re: South African Shares How A Nigerian Refused To Sit With Him Over Xenophobic Atta by shadrama(m): 5:10pm On Sep 22, 2019
go straight to the noose and do the needful. fake ass wipe
Re: South African Shares How A Nigerian Refused To Sit With Him Over Xenophobic Atta by jkendy(m): 5:11pm On Sep 22, 2019
You're even lucky that you're telling your story alive.
Somewhere in this part of the country, you would have been roasted alive the moment you introduced yourself as a South African.

1 Like

Re: South African Shares How A Nigerian Refused To Sit With Him Over Xenophobic Atta by Mynd44: 6:40pm On Sep 22, 2019

(1)

Vice President Osinbajo Praised On Brekete Family Human Rights Radio Today* / Rwanda, Public Schools Thrive,while Private Schools Suffer Setbacks / Nigeria: True Story On Closure Of Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.