Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike (17113 Views)

Nicholas Ukachukwu: Real Story On Demolition Of Igbo Man Property In Abuja– Wike / Tinubu Has Directed Me To Build A New Appeal Court In Abuja – Wike / Dino Melaye Resumes Plenary, Opts To Sit With PDP Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by Yuri141: 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2023
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, says that the FCT Administration will take a firm decision on open grazing inside the Abuja city centre after consultation with herdsmen.

“Before we take any decision, we will do proper consultation so that nobody will say you never alerted them, you never interacted with them before you took that decision.
We are going to call the cattle people to sit with them. We cannot allow things to go on like this. We didn’t say that there will be no cattle in Abuja, but within the city,” he said. Mr Wike stated this while fielding questions from journalists after inspecting some road projects in Abuja on Saturday.

He said that cows would be allowed to graze in the suburbs but not in the city centre.

On the ban of commercial motorcycles from operating within the city centre, the minister said a firmer decision would be taken after the federal provided buses as alternatives.

“We did not take a firm decision because we have not been able to provide the buses that will be the alternative for the people.
It is within the government’s responsibility to provide the alternative and then ask the motorcycle operators to leave the city centre.
This is so that you don’t ask them to leave, and people will be suffering; no,” he said.

Some of the projects visited are the completion of Roads B6, B12 and Circle Road in Central Area and the rehabilitation of the Federal Secretariat, being handled by Julius Berger.

The minister also inspected the construction of the southern Parkway from Christian Centre (S8/9) to Ring Road 1, being handled by Setraco and the expansion of the outer Southern Expressway being handled by CGC.

The project spanned from Villa Roundabout to OSEX/Ring Road 1 Junction, including four interchanges.

Mr Wike equally inspected the full scope development of Arterial Road N20, from Northern Parkway to ONEX with spurs being handled by Gilmor Engineering.

(NAN)

https://gazettengr.com/well-sit-with-herdsmen-to-explain-why-cows-cannot-graze-inside-abuja-wike/

17 Likes

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by lokotamak(m): 6:10pm On Oct 01, 2023
Wike Is working grin grin grin

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by Shapeaso: 6:15pm On Oct 01, 2023
Wike, pepper dem! cheesy cheesy

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by illicit(m): 6:16pm On Oct 01, 2023
Invite obidients too

Cos they love herdsmen now

Or else they will cry more than the bereaved

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by slivertongue: 6:19pm On Oct 01, 2023
dialogue first, after that apply the law.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by Urheadmaster(m): 6:24pm On Oct 01, 2023
But them chase the Fulani herdsmen and their cows from Igbo land on daily basis tongue
illicit:
Invite obidients too

Cos they love herdsmen now

Or else they will cry more than the bereaved

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by PriNceNova(m): 8:10am On Oct 02, 2023
Some employers are pure evil, how can someone work for you and you are owing them for 2months with the mediocre salary you are paying... Is not as if you are not making money... Banks and micro finance banks gave been coming here to get their money too... This man have been paying us half salaries for 6months now, just abt 3 months was full ₦15k. Currently I am just confused on what to do, he is owing me 2months salary. I am seriously in debts, hunger and depressed... I need help please.. I am owing almost all the grocery stores in my area... How to get my 2months salary is my problem right now. because I don't have a dime on me right now. I Slept hungry yesterday... I don't even hv strength to go to the work today, I know I will be booked N1500 for my absence... I don't want to faint trekking to work or while at work, the work requires strength... Please nairaland I need ur help financially, to avoid being banned, I hv put my account on my signature below... Pls help me!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by VoltageDivida(m): 8:11am On Oct 02, 2023
Okay!
I wish you luck sitting with them. Please your sittings should not bring sorrow to the innocent residents

1 Like

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by accordadoga30(f): 8:11am On Oct 02, 2023
Hehehehe

Wike, the senior butcher of the pigs.

Tinubu, the chief butcher of the pigs

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by SensualMan: 8:11am On Oct 02, 2023
I thought Nigeria belong to the cows? grin grin

So fulani herdsmen will finally be ran out of an abode they've called home for centuries?

The only good thing about this mediocre government is they are determined to cut the fulani dominance to size, unfortunately the same fulani gave baba majority of votes.

When the yoruba government of Tinubu finish dealing with the fulani's the next time they see a yoruba man they will bow before him.

One more thing Tinubu government need to do for us is to reclaim Ilorin as a yoruba state. We must reclaim Kwara from the Hausa/fulani's who stole our lands.

Wike u have the full support of the President to deal with these ragtag fulani people.

Ride on!

4 Likes

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by pyyxxaro: 8:11am On Oct 02, 2023
Let the cows breeeff

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:11am On Oct 02, 2023
Hardworking Minister.

Carry on Wike.

Na man u be....

Sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians are behind you ans with you.

Death to all terrorists that hate you

Shapeaso:
Wike, pepper dem! cheesy cheesy
Wike, dem Mama Husband 😉 😜

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by money121(m): 8:11am On Oct 02, 2023
Yimu
Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by Btruth: 8:11am On Oct 02, 2023
Well done, my able minister 👍

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by Starships4u(m): 8:11am On Oct 02, 2023
Kukuma sit with Bandits....

Just imagine a government....
How many times did yhu seat with them to stop the Benue, Kogi, Zamfara killings?
Or the ones in the East?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by handsomeyinka(m): 8:12am On Oct 02, 2023
Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by Chibuzoc(m): 8:12am On Oct 02, 2023
grin now tell me that Nigeria is not a zoo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by GanagiBitrus: 8:12am On Oct 02, 2023
"We didn’t say that there will be no cattle in Abuja, but not in the city center”
~Wike

Ban on open-grazing is the way forward.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by tydi(m): 8:12am On Oct 02, 2023
Wicked wike is working excellently WWE

4 Likes

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by jmoore(m): 8:12am On Oct 02, 2023
You go explain tire!!

They have an entitlement mentality. Explanation won't solve anything.

Na only cows dey chop grass?

Goats and Ram dey chop grass but you don't see people roaming around with goats and rams.

The way you impounded motorcycles and destroyed them is the way you should impound any cow found roaming in the streets of Abuja. Kill the cows.

Did you explain to okada riders before destroying their motorcycles?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:13am On Oct 02, 2023
Most of the Herdsmen can be seen as care takers. The original owners of the cows are the influentials in the country which include politicians, traditional rulers and bandit kigpins. Having meeting with herdsmen/ caretakers without the owners of the cows in attendance is waste of time

7 Likes

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by Wisereborn: 8:13am On Oct 02, 2023
Wike, I think say you no dey fear, make them show you pepper

Na other tribes una fit dey try rubbish with

If it were other tribe, would you have sat with them to straighten out the problem

Our leaders deserve unapologetic violent people

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:14am On Oct 02, 2023
Normal levels, just don’t shift grounds. We don’t need them in the city centers

1 Like

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by wman(m): 8:14am On Oct 02, 2023
Lol. No fire for fire?
Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by iwaeda: 8:14am On Oct 02, 2023
Yuri141:
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, says that the FCT Administration will take a firm decision on open grazing inside the Abuja city centre after consultation with herdsmen.

https://gazettengr.com/well-sit-with-herdsmen-to-explain-why-cows-cannot-graze-inside-abuja-wike/
When you have not been drunk with 1000 year old wine. Nigeria is very unlucky with leaders. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by tiswell(m): 8:14am On Oct 02, 2023
Coward.

He think diswan na ipob
Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by condralbedez: 8:15am On Oct 02, 2023
tongue
Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:15am On Oct 02, 2023
lokotamak:
Wike Is working grin grin grin
Na so

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by southsouthking(m): 8:15am On Oct 02, 2023
Eggactly

1 Like

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by drnoel: 8:15am On Oct 02, 2023
Yuri141:

I do like this man

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike by robosky02(m): 8:15am On Oct 02, 2023
Like in what international country did you see open grazing

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ene Ofugara Writes To Festus Keyamo For Not Supporting Ese Oruru / President Trump / AIT Denies Maltreating The Presidency During The Campaign Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.