Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,494 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator (5870 Views)

Between Federal Medical Center And Teaching Hospital, Which Is Higher Ranked?? / Difference Between Hospital, Medical Center And Clinic / Entrance Of Lagos University Teaching Hospital Will Shock You (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by zakim(m): 6:53am On Sep 23, 2019
Senator Aishatu Dahiru Ahmed (Adamawa Central) says the people of the state deserve a befitting teaching hospital and a medical college for their educational and critical health needs. She spoke when a special committee of the National Universities Commission led by Prof. Abdullahi Ribadu visited the Moddibo Adamawa University of Technology and the Federal Medical Centre, Yola .

The senator, according to a statement yesterday from her media office, said the introduction of a medical college in the university and conversion of the FMC Yola to a teaching hospital would bring a great relief to the people of Adamawa, Taraba and beyond. Speaking when the committee visited the Lamido of Adamawa, Muhammadu Barkindo Aliyu Musdafa, she said the visit followed a motion she sponsored on the matter on the floor of the Senate.

“Your Royal Highness, this issue started in way back 2011 to 2015 where you people gave me the opportunity to represent Yola North/Yola South and Girei Federal Constituency in the Lower Chamber. I sponsored the same motion. At the lower chamber, the motion was unanimously approved even though it did not see the light of day,” she said. Also in her remarks when the committee visited the management of the MAUTECH, Senator Ahmed said the National Assembly would do all within its powers to support the realization of the project. The chairman of the committee, Ribadu, said the team was in Yola to determine the possibility of setting up a medical college and a teaching hospital in the state.

The Lamido of Adamawa, thanked the committee and Senator Ahmed for their concern towards the welfare of the people of Adamawa and the northeast. Governor Ahmadu Umar Fintiri, said his administration would provide the enabling environment for the take-off of the project if approved by the Federal Government.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/adamawa-deserves-teaching-hospital-medical-college-senator.html

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by prettytasha(f): 7:08am On Sep 23, 2019
Mr senator if you and the governor can contribute 50% of your total income and your aides inclusive I'm sure you will have one in no time .How can a whole state not have a standard federal hospital ? How have they been managing all this while ?.

5 Likes

Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by ayodaisi: 7:08am On Sep 23, 2019
Then build one after all you have more than enough in ur agbada

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by NORSYK(m): 7:08am On Sep 23, 2019
Sure
Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by Bigval5: 7:08am On Sep 23, 2019
Una sabi..

Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by gaetano: 7:10am On Sep 23, 2019
You guys should agree to restructuring. That way no one will hold you back if you wish to build 20 teaching hospitals and 500 mosques

5 Likes

Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by Jayslicky: 7:11am On Sep 23, 2019
shocked

The money for building such has been used for buying senators cars.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by obi4eze(m): 7:11am On Sep 23, 2019
embarassed
Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by ChasePr(m): 7:11am On Sep 23, 2019
True
They should work towards that.
Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by helinues: 7:12am On Sep 23, 2019
undecided
Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by SABA2002(m): 7:13am On Sep 23, 2019
Anambra state deserve a sea port also
Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by BlackfireX: 7:16am On Sep 23, 2019
You deserve more RUGA
Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 23, 2019
Speak to the man that built American University na.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 23, 2019
A state that produced a former Vice President and supposed incoming President angry
Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by alphaNomega: 7:28am On Sep 23, 2019
It's not by having teaching hospital, will it be funded and managed properly?

Nigerians are enemies unto themselves.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by starbright4real(m): 7:31am On Sep 23, 2019
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) 07037799108
Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by eTECTIV: 7:34am On Sep 23, 2019
If only those representing d South East can speak out for d region like their northern counterparts.. Their mates from other regions are busy fighting for their ppl in d little way dey can while our own dishonourable members are busy fighting for only their pockets.. Even if na only roads atleast
Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 23, 2019
so individuals should contribute to build federal hospital ? what do some of you on niaraland use your brain for?
prettytasha:
Mr senator if you and the governor can contribute 50% of your total income and your aides inclusive I'm sure you will have one in no time .How can a whole state not have a standard federal hospital ? How have they been managing all this while ?.
Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 23, 2019
Jayslicky:
shocked

The money for building such as been used for buying senators cars, take your problem to the national assembly.
the national assembly build federal hospital ?
Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by AreaFada2: 7:50am On Sep 23, 2019
gaetano:
You guys should agree to restructuring. That way no one will hold you back if you wish to build 20 teaching hospitals and 500 mosques
Oil money will not let them listen to any talk of restructuring.
How can one be waiting for FG to set up a decent teaching hospital in a geographically big state like Adamawa? shocked
Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by wink2015(m): 7:58am On Sep 23, 2019
zakim:
Senator Aishatu Dahiru Ahmed (Adamawa Central) says the people of the state deserve a befitting teaching hospital and a medical college for their educational and critical health needs. She spoke when a special committee of the National Universities Commission led by Prof. Abdullahi Ribadu visited the Moddibo Adamawa University of Technology and the Federal Medical Centre, Yola .

The senator, according to a statement yesterday from her media office, said the introduction of a medical college in the university and conversion of the FMC Yola to a teaching hospital would bring a great relief to the people of Adamawa, Taraba and beyond. Speaking when the committee visited the Lamido of Adamawa, Muhammadu Barkindo Aliyu Musdafa, she said the visit followed a motion she sponsored on the matter on the floor of the Senate.

“Your Royal Highness, this issue started in way back 2011 to 2015 where you people gave me the opportunity to represent Yola North/Yola South and Girei Federal Constituency in the Lower Chamber. I sponsored the same motion. At the lower chamber, the motion was unanimously approved even though it did not see the light of day,” she said. Also in her remarks when the committee visited the management of the MAUTECH, Senator Ahmed said the National Assembly would do all within its powers to support the realization of the project. The chairman of the committee, Ribadu, said the team was in Yola to determine the possibility of setting up a medical college and a teaching hospital in the state.

The Lamido of Adamawa, thanked the committee and Senator Ahmed for their concern towards the welfare of the people of Adamawa and the northeast. Governor Ahmadu Umar Fintiri, said his administration would provide the enabling environment for the take-off of the project if approved by the Federal Government.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/adamawa-deserves-teaching-hospital-medical-college-senator.html

Ex-governor James Ibori built a Teaching Hospital in Oghara in Delta state when his government felt there is a need to build an hospital.

He did not look up to the federal government for money. He sourced money from the state treasury to do it.

One funny thing about northern Nigeria is that they always want federal government to carry their financial burden almost all the time.

This is absolutely wrong !

In the case of Adamawa state, they should source money from the state treasury to build the teaching hospital or alternatively source for a loan from International agencies to build the hospital.

They should not look up to federal government for money.

They should not tell the public that they are so poor to afford a teaching hospital.

Their senator was living big in Abuja where he went on a shopping spree for "S. E.X TOYS"

If an Adamawa state senator can afford "S. E.X TOYS" he can also build a teaching hospital even if it is a small one.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by prettytasha(f): 8:02am On Sep 23, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
so individuals should contribute to build federal hospital ? what do some of you on niaraland use your brain for?
individual ? Is the senator and governor not political appointees ? If the Federal government has refused to do it for them all this while . Can't the governor and senator at least build one ? James ibori built a teaching hospital in Delta . I wonder if you even have a brain
Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by money121(m): 8:04am On Sep 23, 2019
Ok
Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 23, 2019
prettytasha:
individual ? Is the senator and governor not political appointees ? If the Federal government has refused to do it for them all this while . Can't the governor and senator at least build one ? James ibori built a teaching hospital in Delta . I wonder if you even have a brain
senator? governor? Build federal hospital ? Do you even know what a federal hospital is? Senator should build federal hospital with his private funds then employ doctors , other workers and provide funds to run the hospital forever? Sometimes I wonder if animals have started owning niaraland account
Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 23, 2019
prettytasha:
Money from oil will do that
Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by prettytasha(f): 8:28am On Sep 23, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
senator? governor? Build federal hospital ? Do you even know what a federal hospital is? Senator should build federal hospital with his private funds then employ doctors , other workers and provide funds to run the hospital forever? Sometimes I wonder if animals have started owning niaraland account
this is the last time I will respond to you .like I said James ibori built a teaching hospital ..... ,Is it the Federal that's confusing you ? The point there is they need a teaching hospital .which they clearly lack . Federal government has refused to build a teaching hospital , so the state should build a state owned one . Go back and read the report since you deliberately want to be stupid , the senator clearly stated the state. lacked a teaching hospital , and was hoping the FG would build one , if the Federal government can't build one , then the state should do it

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 23, 2019
prettytasha:
this is the last time I will respond to you .like I said James ibori built a teaching hospital ..... ,Is it the Federal that's confusing you ? The point there is they need a teaching hospital .which they clearly lack . Federal government has refused to build a teaching hospital , so the state should build a state owned one . Go back and read the report since you deliberately want to be stupid , the senator clearly stated the state. lacked a teaching hospital , and was hoping the FG would build one , if the Federal government can't build one , then the state should do it
idiot! your first comment was that they should build a federal hospital with their personal funds
Re: Adamawa Deserves Teaching Hospital, Medical College – Senator by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 23, 2019
prettytasha:
this is the useless comment you made

(1) (2) (Reply)

When I Ovulate, I Go Crazy. / No Approved COVID-19 Vaccines Yet – NAFDAC / Help Where Can I Get Best Treatment For Stroke Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.