Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors (46432 Views)

Between Federal Medical Center And Teaching Hospital, Which Is Higher Ranked?? / Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent / Entrance Of Lagos University Teaching Hospital Will Shock You (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by zoba88: 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2017
A student of ChukwuEmeka Odumegwu University COOU, Anambra named Sarah has narrated how her friend Okoro Oluchi died in the hands of quack doctors in COOU teaching hospital Amaku.Read the story on the screenshots below

THE ACTUAL THING THAT HAPPENED TO MY DEAR FRIEND Okoro Oluchi
Before I proceed,those COOU students that are using Oluchi to gain popularity on Facebook, even those that never knew her from Adam,those that are saying she couldn't provide the money requested of her in the hospital, those saying she was asked to provide her school ID card,those saying she couldn't present her school fees receipt,and even the idiots blaming lecturers for her death and all those spreading false rumor about her death without knowing the actual thing that happened.. GOD WILL PUNISH ALL OF YOU.
I never intended writing any thing about this yet,but the kind of false stories I've been seeing on Facebook prompted me to.
BACK TO MY MAIN STORY.
Oluchi came to class on Tuesday morning on a nice black gown,she sat right in front of me and told me she wasn't feeling too well so after the class,I and a year 2 guy helped her to my hostel so she could have a rest after getting some drugs for her.
Around 7pm in the night,I was called by one of my friends (Christophine) to report to the school medicals that Oluchi is seriously sick.I left all I was doing and rushed there, I saw Oluchi lying helplessly on a stretcher. she couldn't talk,she didn't notice our presence,I couldn't hold back tears..the doctor in the school medicals advised that tears wouldn't solve the problem, that the school ambulance has been arranged, that all we should do was to get her stuffs ready that she has been referred to COOU teaching hospital Amaku that she would get better. We got everything ready and took off to the hospital with Nora,one of my course mates,christophine and Mary_collette who later came to join us in Amaku. we tried contacting her family members but their contacts weren't going through.We reached the hospital and Oluchi was taken to the emergency unit. Amaku teaching hospital is the worst hospital I've ever seen. there is no qualified doctor only the useless student doctors that are looking for whom to use and do practice. One of the rude student doctors asked us to bring the sum of N20,000 before they can commence treatment on her.He never considered we are students and might not have such amount of money.

Luckily,I was with my ATM card so we had to trek a very long distance in search of Fidelity Bank around there since other banks weren't paying.
When we got back,they gave us the list of drugs we must buy which cost about N5,500.The stupid student doctors were just after their own pockets and gain not minding the life of my friend at stake.

We practically provided every thing they asked us to..but they couldn't treat my friend. That my friend is dying gradually wasn't just their business. Oluchi complained she's not feeling her legs anymore we massaged and tapped the legs all to no avail. I went to report to one of the stupid so called doctor and all he could say was "What do you want me to do".. Oluchi was in pains we cried and shouted for help but those callous student doctors ignored us. We went to get a card from one of those stupid guys but all he could do was to start asking me out..that I'm beautiful when my friend was dying gradually. I looked at Oluchi and I saw pains in her eyes,I couldn't hold back tears,I went on my knees and started asking God to intervain. One of my friends asked me to stop crying that she would get better. When the pains was getting too much for her,she started screaming with her last strength "doctor come and save me..I'm dying"..

The stupid doctor came out and replied " shut up..don't you see you're disturbing my patients " . Oluchi complained she couldn't feel her whole body again.. We beat and pinched her but she felt nothing.that was when one of the stupid quack student doctors came to take her blood for test but their was no vein in her body.

When they saw that Oluchi's condition was getting critical, they left her and fled. All the quack student doctors in that emergency block disappeared. They left her there to die. Oluchi looked into my eyes and said "Sarah...I love you"..

With tears rolling down my cheeks I replied " I love you too" and same she said to the four of us in that hospital with her.she asked us to help her tell her parents and family that she loves them so much.
She later told us that she couldn't see any of us again... We started praying for her..If only prayers and tears could bring her back to life. She later said she couldn't breathe again.. We were begging her not to die. We prayed like we never did in our lives before.. But Oluchi gave up the ghost. She died right in our arms... But we refused to accept she's dead. We prayed for a miracle to happened. We prayed that the same Jesus who rose Lazarus from death to raise my Oly from death.. But she didn't wake up...

Immediately those monsters that call themselves medical students noticed she's dead they came with an old oxygen that I'm not sure is still working and started doing incantations on her. One of them came out and told me that their is no need of doing all These that my friend is dead... He broke the news with less concern as if its an animal that died. We cried like we never did before but those heartless student doctors were at a corner laughing at us. It never touched them.. Those guys are so heartless. One of those idiots even had the guts to approach me...asking me to complete the money for her card..I replied him" card for the living or for the dead?"...he said its not his business that he's doing his job.
God! People can be so heartless.
Those student doctors in Amaku killed Oluchi.
They killed my friend!

I'll never advice my enemy to go to that hospital... They are killers. Those student doctors needs to be rusticated. They don't have human sympathy in them.
Immediately Oluchi died they brought an old rusted stretcher that is almost like a wheel Barrow and took her dead body away...like they are taking a dead dog away... No single respect for the dead.
One thing I believe is that life is turn by turn. On Tuesday was Oluchi but ,it might be any of them tomorrow.

My consolation is that at least I did something for Oluchi before she died. She looked into my eyes and saw care and Love. Heaven knows I Love Oluchi and I did everything humanly possible to save her..but God knows the best.
Rest in peace Oly..
Till we meet to part no more.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=342388499560303&id=100013674676477

1 Like

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by sarrki(m): 4:52pm On Dec 22, 2017
Abortion things

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by zoba88: 4:52pm On Dec 22, 2017

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by zoba88: 4:52pm On Dec 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by BabaRamota1980: 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2017
May her soul rest in peace.

Why is Ojukwu Teaching Hospital hiring quack doctors on staff?

The name Ojukwu itself is quack! grin

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by madridguy(m): 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2017
R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by ufuosman(m): 5:00pm On Dec 22, 2017
May her soul rest in peace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by Ehiscotch(m): 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
Whenever I read stories like this I just want to weep and not imagine this happening to someone I know. God, so much potentials lost to poor health standard.

Our poor education structure that admits halfbrained students into sensitive institutions.

32 Likes

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2017
Things like these make me very angry. This is how people are dying in this country yet demons want this evil country to continue. Here is Nnamdi Kanu sacrificing himself for us to realize there is no future in this country yet useless animals want the county to continue...no water, no light, no food, no medical, no roads, no jobs, absolutely nothing works but animals in the zoo want it to continue. Useless idiots and fools. Black beasts! May her soul haunt her deliberate killers.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by erifeoluwasimi(f): 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2017
what a waste of a beautiful and promising life.Rest on

3 Likes

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by hidhrhis(m): 7:00pm On Dec 22, 2017
lionjungle3000:
Things like these make me very angry. This is how people are dying in this country yet demons want this evil country to continue. Here is Nnamdi Kanu sacrificing himself for us to realize there is no future in this country yet useless animals want the county to continue...no water, no light, no food, no medical, no roads, no jobs, absolutely nothing works but animals in the zoo want it to continue. Useless idiots and fools. Black beasts! May her soul haunt her deliberate killers.
u forgot to include no salary

16 Likes

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 22, 2017
When I said many Nigerian doctors are nothing but pompous airheads one of their colleagues, ultron419 abi wetin be him name decided to start swearing for his generation.
See how another life was lost because of their improper training. Many of them have no idea what they are doing, they will even open google to check for symptoms right there in front of the patient. All they know is to raise shoulder and be claiming title of doctor.
Foolish half baked clowns.

102 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by Okoyeeboz: 9:15pm On Dec 22, 2017
Sad

1 Like

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by kambili999(f): 9:15pm On Dec 22, 2017
cry
Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by BeautifulSE: 9:16pm On Dec 22, 2017
lionjungle3000:

The only animals we know are the ones Nnamdi Kanu christened "Pigs and idiots" grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6371494_screenshot2017120300544211_jpegf547c90bb1a692309d12337883d20253

At least, you didn't blame Yorubas for killing her today.

RIP to the young lady.

18 Likes

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by blackbeau1(f): 9:16pm On Dec 22, 2017
This is so sad.

1 Like

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2017
sarrki:
Abortion things
2018 make sense fall on u

34 Likes

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by Stegomiah: 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2017
sarrki:
Abortion things

Ode, you didn't even read the story
Just open mouth talk like parrot
In a rush to become FtC
Be making a folly of ya self

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by NwaAmaikpe: 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2017
shocked

The way these girls freely said 'I love you' to themselves is a story for another day.

Back to the story,
This story would have been complete with a picture of Oluchi's corpse.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by artworks1: 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2017
sarrki:
Abortion things

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2017
Okay, When are my Ipob brothers and sisters going to boycott COOU?

Tribal hypocrites!

5 Likes

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by Foodforthought: 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2017
Looks like someone I know. Heartbreaking...RIP
Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2017
Sad that she had to die like that, but I am soo not comfortable with the general level of ignorance to the workings and cadres of staff in the hospital.
For instance, I can't go into a law office and describe everyone there,right from the gatemen to the secretary as lawyers. Thus the story has to let us know if the friend was attended to by medical students (student docs) or by medical doctors cos med students don't man university clinics or hospitals.
Agreed that op added soo much spice to the story that the naive reader could get ulcer from, one thing was obvious: there are questions to be answered.
I don't subscribe to or believe in social media ranting, as it could be prejudiced and biased.
Pls if anyone thinks the doc who oversaw your condition didn't do well, write a petition to the medical council, it's free and you don't need a lawyer to do that .
People seem to get a hard on by shaming doctors. That's the new cool in town. Sadly.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by Kzealz(m): 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2017
Cant really finish the story... #TearsRolling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2017
sarrki:
Abortion things

How did you know she committed abortion?

I'm sure you didn't read the story, you were probably hurrying to be ftc

4 Likes

Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by Mintayo(m): 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2017
This is very sad if the story is true. Something needs to be done.
There are so many dead cases today that would have been averted if the correct and adequate medical attention is available.
May her soul rest in peace.
Please help save Anuoluwapo. https://www.nairaland.com/4239439/please-save-sisters-life#63525567
Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by MhizzAJ(f): 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2017
RIP beautiful lady cry
Re: Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors by Lilimax(f): 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2017
I visited that hospital in August with my dad for his routine check up. Was just pondering in my mind how on earth Amaku General Hospital Awka became a teaching hospital cos of it's capacity. The hospital is small in size and cannot be a teaching hospital .,. embarassed RIP young lady!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Handle Toilet Disease? / Nigerian Woman Commits Suicide In Gambia (Photo) / Prophet Patrick Eyaefe's Wife dies from snake bite hours after marrying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.