Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Coldfusion Vs Php/asp - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Coldfusion Vs Php/asp (1935 Views)

Converting Html/webpage To Pdf With Php, Asp.net, Java And Others / Talented Teacher Needed On Drupal Cms,php,asp Programming Language / Asp, Php, Asp.net, Coldfusion, Jsp Which Is The Most Powerful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by Jcomtech: 1:57pm On Nov 01, 2010
Hello house,
I have thinking on a language that can connect with database and do much more thing, i found out the above 3.
Well, i like to know the 1 that has the highest advantage our others like security, easy to learn, etc
Thanks.
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by Youngichou(m): 3:19pm On Nov 01, 2010
on terms of ADVANTAGE
PHP takes the lead this is my reason for saying so,
php is open source unlike other the remaining 2 which are not and its difficult getting good Asp and Csp community especially ASP. Unlike php this has a lot, i mean tons of thousand of good community Out there. Where you can learn exchange ideas and progress faster for example i use the official site community [ php.net ] at times. And its really helpfull but when it comes to Asp and Cold fusion you hardly see people contributing in this forum because this languages are not open source therefore no one will really like to venture into. beside coding in Php is much flexible than coding with Cold fusion but am not so sure on Asp. Can you imagine you tell some one you are a web programmer and you begin to cold like this
<mark variable>youngichou<mark variable!> for god sake this is Html and not programming.

NOW On SECURITY
on this issue of security this where Asp seems to get a little higher stand than Php but for coldfusion forget it. I already told you its a Mark up language.
The reason why i said that Asp have higher security than Php is this, it is rarely use so the high profanity of getting a hacker is very low unlike Php which is the most used Server scripting language today and besides its open source almost, beside Php is very simple in ways that it explain security lapses and portholes now building on this you can create more Lapses.

NOTE that this is the reason why banks or a Bank will never accept you to design its INTRANET application with php because they believe its open source and therefore liable to Hackers.

I think this should help you before my GREAT ORATOR and sister inLAW YAWA adds more.

<?php
echo "
My Stupidity and foolishness is Xtremely Phpfied ";
?>
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2010
I beg to differ with the idea/opinion that Cold Fusion should not be regarded as or is not a Programming language.

Go an read on the history of Languages and things like that. The original intent for the pattern/syntax for writing Coldfusion was cause HTML was in vogue then. And on the web, it does make sense to make for something similar(Syntax wise) but more dynamic than HTML.

And that led to a boom in number of users and financial gain from the originators of the language.

The fallout of Coldfusion had absolutely nothing to do with the Synatax, but productive output!

I actually find it's syntax brilliant.

There are many types of languages. Procedural, Object Oriented and many more. The main focus is in it's output and capability. The Syntax of Java Servlet Pages, is definitely more Programmatic than PHP(I happen to know how to write JSP Codes)

That has not made JSP users more than PHP. I choose to be of the opinion that your idea is opposite. Cause people prefer a much more easier way of doing things.

@Poster. Go for PHP or ASP(Preferable PHP for a start!)
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by Jcomtech: 6:27pm On Nov 01, 2010
Thx why i asked this question is because, i just finished web design and i need sometin to back up.
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by ddon4(m): 6:55pm On Nov 01, 2010
i go for asp.net cos it is easy to learn, makes your job faster, you write less code and yet build a very dynamic website, there is still more to it.
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by Afam4eva(m): 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2010
PHP is your best bet and as Youngichu said it has a very large community where you can exchange ideas with seasoned professionals.
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by Jcomtech: 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2010
What language is use to develop a mobile site?
Pls i want to knw if also php can be used.
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by ddon4(m): 9:11pm On Nov 01, 2010
you can learn C-Sharp (C#) which is also part of the .Net
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 01, 2010
If i were to pick or start all over again i would go with C# it is very rich and got tons of features especially The Generic feature and Collection API.and it's quite easy to learn , although PHP is good but almost everything in PHP is like a hack.
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by sayhi2ay(m): 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2010
Youngichou:

NOW On SECURITY
beside Php is very simple in ways that it explain security lapses and portholes now building on this you can create more Lapses.

NOTE that this is the reason why banks or a Bank will never accept you to design its INTRANET application with php because they believe its open source and therefore liable to Hackers.

though PHP has had it's share of security holes, security fix are applied before they are exploited. most vulnerabilities lie in the PHP application - poor design, XSS, CSRF, injections or lack of variable declaration - which can lead developers inadvertently allow holes in the app.
to think PHP is not capable of secure application is wrong
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by dyn: 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2010
PHP and ASP are very similar. But somehow, i prefer php because it is open source, and very easy to find help.
As for coldfusion markup language - i never saw any good reason to venture into it!
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by sayhi2ay(m): 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2010
dyn:

PHP and ASP are very similar. But somehow, i prefer php because it is open source, and very easy to find help.
As for coldfusion markup language - i never saw any good reason to venture into it!

I maintain an ASP application, develop using PHP and coldfusion. PHP and ASP are not similar.
coldfusion is easy to learn but not free, PHP is also easy too
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by Youngichou(m): 4:54pm On Nov 02, 2010
sayhi2ay:

I maintain an ASP application, develop using PHP and coldfusion. PHP and ASP are not similar.
coldfusion is not easy to learn because it all uses tags tags tags unlike php constructive codes
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by dyn: 5:14pm On Nov 02, 2010
sayhi2ay:

They are similar in the following respect:
1. They are free-format languages
2. They are easy to code
3. They are not object-oriented languages (except in later versions) viz php 5
4 . . . .

But of course, we know asp is based on vb, and php is based on c - but their lang struct are similar

but asp.net is on a different level entirely.
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by Jcomtech: 6:49pm On Nov 02, 2010
1) What are the difference btw xhtml and html?
2) i have a like knowledge in c, which should i go for (asp.net/ c#) or (php/ java).
Regards.
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by dyn: 7:27pm On Nov 02, 2010
i maintain that asp and php are easy to learn, but the stooopid markup tags in coldfusion make it difficult to learn.
However, asp and php are different in terms of cost, availability. . . .
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by Youngichou(m): 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2010
dyn:

i maintain that asp and php are easy to learn, but the stooopid markup tags in coldfusion make it difficult to learn.
However, asp and php are different in terms of cost, availability. . . .
Gbam! You don talk am but you would have add the very stoopid tags

@JCOMTECH

there is no much difference between XHTMl and [HTML] its just only strictness

for example if you should set you Website Doc type to Html and type
<b><i>YOUNGICHOU<b></I>

your text will appear bold and Slanting on the browser without any problems but if you set you doc to XHTML those codes will give you error. Because you must use start will small letter and finish with small letters
2. You must arrange things accordingly for example in XHTML that code i wrote up must be like this
<b><i>YOUNGICHOU</b></i>
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by Jcomtech: 10:58pm On Nov 04, 2010
Jcomtech:

1) What are the difference btw xhtml and html?
2) i have a like knowledge in c, which should i go for (asp.net/ c#) or (php/ java).
Regards.
What abt my 2 questions.
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 05, 2010
Not really that i hate cold fusion, but to me, it is somehow like a markup language
<CFform name="login" method="post">
<center>
<table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" bgcolor="white">
<tr><td>
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="5">
<tr>
<td colspan="2" align="Center">
<b>User Login</b>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center" valign="middle">
Username
</td>
<td>
<CFINPUT type="text" name="username">
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center" valign="middle">
Password
</td>
<td>
<CFINPUT type="password" name="password">
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2" align="center">
<INPUT type="submit" name="Submit" value="Enter">
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td></tr>
</table>
</center>
</cfform>
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by Jcomtech: 2:12am On Nov 06, 2010
Hello guys, i like to learn asp.net/c#. What do i need to install?
Re: Coldfusion Vs Php/asp by ddon4(m): 9:54am On Nov 06, 2010
install visual studio 2010 and Sql Server 2008

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Adsense For Sale. / Youtube, Netflix, Instagram Live Story Clone / YouTube: You Must Have A Minimum Of 10,000 Channel Views Before You Can Show Ads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.