Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

MURIC Director Proposed Ummah Development Funds - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / MURIC Director Proposed Ummah Development Funds (691 Views)

Building Plan/architectural Design For Proposed Block Of Flats / Building Plan/architectural Design For Proposed Block Of Flats / After Stephen Akintayo Proposed To Buy Nairaland, Seun Does This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MURIC Director Proposed Ummah Development Funds by Kagarko(m): 8:27am On Sep 24, 2019
*AKINTOLA PROPOSES UMMAH DEVELOPMENT FUND (UDF)*

*(REVISED VERSION)*

In a lecture delivered by Professor Ishaq Akintola, the director of the Muslim Rights Concern at the Annoor Mosque, Abuja, on Saturday 21st September, 2019, he opined that although Nigerian Muslims have the right to go on hajj as many times as they wish, in reality, hajj is only expected to be performed once in a lifetime.

However, he said, Nigerian Muslims overdo it by going on hajj and Umrah every year. According to Akintola, those who do so earn more rewards from Allah but they end up making Saudi Arabia richer while Nigeria becomes poorer.

Akintola added, "It is time for strategic thinking. There is no time to lose. Muslim leaders must establish the Ummah Development Fund (UDF) in order to improve the economic condition of Nigerian Muslims.

"While those Muslims who go on hajj and Umrah every year should be allowed to do so because they are merely exercising their Allah-given fundamental human right of freedom of worship as entrenched in Section 38 (i) & (ii) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, they should be made to contribute to the Ummah Development Fund.

"Those going on hajj or Umrah for the second, third or more times should be made to pay to the Ummah Development Fund. Anyone repeating hajj should pay 5% of the total cost as his contribution to the UDF while those repeating Umrah should pay 13%.

"Disbursement of UDF should go to the education, health, humanitarian and economic sectors of Nigerian Muslims in this manner : 60% to education (establishment of more Islamic universities); 20% to health (establishment of Muslim hospitals); 10% to humanitarian services (for taking care of Muslim widows, orphans and other vulnerable Muslims) and 10% to investments (building of halal hotels and other businesses).

"However, those who have never performed hajj or Umrah before should be exempted.

Laying more emphasis on his analysis, Akintola asked, "Where are Muslim hospitals? How many Islamic universities are in Nigeria? The total number of universities in Nigeria is 170. Out of this number, the Federal Government has 43, the state governments have 48 and 79 are private universities.

Buy the real tragedy is that out of the 79 private universities, only six (6) belong to Muslims. Muslim students are persecuted in those private universities which are owned by non-Muslims. They are forced to attend church services. Female Muslim students are not allowed to use hijab. Muslim students are denied the right to form Islamic associations like MSS. They are not allowed to observe salat as no space is allocated to mosques. Yet Nigerian Muslims continue to snore loud in their sleep. Who did this to Nigerian Muslims?

Akintola also added the Zakat angle to his proposed UDF.

"As at today, only those states practicing Shari'ah are collecting zakat officially. But what of millions of Muslims in the other states?

"I therefore suggest that Muslim communities in those remaining states should organise voluntary payment of zakat to be managed by tested and trusted Muslim leaders in their states. Zakat funds collected in the states should be used in the same manner as those collected on hajj and Umrah.

Akintola lamented the poor condition of Nigerian Muslims.

He said, "Too many Muslims are suffering. Employers of labour discriminate against Muslim job seekers. I am constrained to single out Muslim women whose employability is at the lowest level due to the Islamic dress code of hijab.

"The divinely ordained use of hijab often makes it impossible for Muslim women who use hijab to get jobs. For instance, the army, police, NDLEA, customs, immigrations advertised for recruitments this year (2019) but Muslim women in hijab could not apply.

"Let me quickly respond to the question raised by a member of the Abuja chapter of MURIC in his online contribution to the issue of UDF during this lecture. The brother suggested that I personally or MURIC as a group should coordinate UDF.

"I have responded by telling him and other members of MURIC in Abuja Chapter that it means UDF is dead on arrival.

"The question we should ask ourselves is : should MURIC or Akintola arrogate this UDF idea to himself or itself? I say a capital NO. Let all Muslims have access to it, analyse it, adopt it or reject it. Posterity will judge.

"I therefore propose the establishment of a UDF COMMITTEE in which all major Islamic organizations in the country will have one representative each. Members of this committee will propose a Board of Trustees (BOT) who will manage the fund.

"The BOT membership, hopefully, will include tested and trusted Muslims like Mallam Adamu Adamu (current Minister of Education), Mallam Ahmed Ali (current head of customs) and Professor Ishaq Oloyede (current head of JAMB).

"Finally, I call on the Sultan of Sokoto and President General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) to take the bull by the horn by requesting for nominations from major Islamic organizations throughout the country.

"I put the responsibility on the wide shoulders of the NSCIA because it is the only umbrella organization for Muslims in Nigeria. It therefore has indisputable locus standi. Nevertheless, NSCIA is advised to hands off the team once it has been set up. The BOT of the UDF can only perform effectively if it is independent.

"This suggestion for the establishment of Ummah Development Fund is capable of lifting millions of Nigerian Muslims out of poverty, ignorance and disease.

"I urge Muslim leaders and Muslim elites to embrace it in the interest of coming Muslim generations. This is our legacy to unborn Muslim children. To ignore it is to incur the wrath of young Muslims who are already getting frustrated anyway. They are already asking : how did the affair of Nigerian Muslims get so worse? Why are we the dregs of society? What were our fathers doing? Why did they allow this to happen to us?"

PLEASE SHARE AMONG MUSLIM INDIVIDUALS, MUSLIM GROUPS & ISLAMIC ORGANISATIONS

1 Like

Re: MURIC Director Proposed Ummah Development Funds by Oshin56(m): 8:56am On Sep 24, 2019
This man is a religion sadist saying other religion university are not allowing Muslim to perform there right is it applicable in Muslim university for Christian students to be performing JCCM and pertaining to recruitment how did you want some covering her face to apply for security job in this country even at Saudi Arabia are they doing so.
Re: MURIC Director Proposed Ummah Development Funds by BroOptimist(m): 9:16am On Sep 24, 2019
Kagarko:
*AKINTOLA PROPOSES UMMAH DEVELOPMENT FUND (UDF)*

*(REVISED VERSION)*

In a lecture delivered by Professor Ishaq Akintola, the director of the Muslim Rights Concern at the Annoor Mosque, Abuja, on Saturday 21st September, 2019, he opined that although Nigerian Muslims have the right to go on hajj as many times as they wish, in reality, hajj is only expected to be performed once in a lifetime.

However, he said, Nigerian Muslims overdo it by going on hajj and Umrah every year. According to Akintola, those who do so earn more rewards from Allah but they end up making Saudi Arabia richer while Nigeria becomes poorer.

Akintola added, "It is time for strategic thinking. There is no time to lose. Muslim leaders must establish the Ummah Development Fund (UDF) in order to improve the economic condition of Nigerian Muslims.

"While those Muslims who go on hajj and Umrah every year should be allowed to do so because they are merely exercising their Allah-given fundamental human right of freedom of worship as entrenched in Section 38 (i) & (ii) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, they should be made to contribute to the Ummah Development Fund.

"Those going on hajj or Umrah for the second, third or more times should be made to pay to the Ummah Development Fund. Anyone repeating hajj should pay 5% of the total cost as his contribution to the UDF while those repeating Umrah should pay 13%.

"Disbursement of UDF should go to the education, health, humanitarian and economic sectors of Nigerian Muslims in this manner : 60% to education (establishment of more Islamic universities); 20% to health (establishment of Muslim hospitals); 10% to humanitarian services (for taking care of Muslim widows, orphans and other vulnerable Muslims) and 10% to investments (building of halal hotels and other businesses).

"However, those who have never performed hajj or Umrah before should be exempted.

Laying more emphasis on his analysis, Akintola asked, "Where are Muslim hospitals? How many Islamic universities are in Nigeria? The total number of universities in Nigeria is 170. Out of this number, the Federal Government has 43, the state governments have 48 and 79 are private universities.

Buy the real tragedy is that out of the 79 private universities, only six (6) belong to Muslims. Muslim students are persecuted in those private universities which are owned by non-Muslims. They are forced to attend church services. Female Muslim students are not allowed to use hijab. Muslim students are denied the right to form Islamic associations like MSS. They are not allowed to observe salat as no space is allocated to mosques. Yet Nigerian Muslims continue to snore loud in their sleep. Who did this to Nigerian Muslims?

Akintola also added the Zakat angle to his proposed UDF.

"As at today, only those states practicing Shari'ah are collecting zakat officially. But what of millions of Muslims in the other states?

"I therefore suggest that Muslim communities in those remaining states should organise voluntary payment of zakat to be managed by tested and trusted Muslim leaders in their states. Zakat funds collected in the states should be used in the same manner as those collected on hajj and Umrah.

Akintola lamented the poor condition of Nigerian Muslims.

He said, "Too many Muslims are suffering. Employers of labour discriminate against Muslim job seekers. I am constrained to single out Muslim women whose employability is at the lowest level due to the Islamic dress code of hijab.

"The divinely ordained use of hijab often makes it impossible for Muslim women who use hijab to get jobs. For instance, the army, police, NDLEA, customs, immigrations advertised for recruitments this year (2019) but Muslim women in hijab could not apply.

"Let me quickly respond to the question raised by a member of the Abuja chapter of MURIC in his online contribution to the issue of UDF during this lecture. The brother suggested that I personally or MURIC as a group should coordinate UDF.

"I have responded by telling him and other members of MURIC in Abuja Chapter that it means UDF is dead on arrival.

"The question we should ask ourselves is : should MURIC or Akintola arrogate this UDF idea to himself or itself? I say a capital NO. Let all Muslims have access to it, analyse it, adopt it or reject it. Posterity will judge.

"I therefore propose the establishment of a UDF COMMITTEE in which all major Islamic organizations in the country will have one representative each. Members of this committee will propose a Board of Trustees (BOT) who will manage the fund.

"The BOT membership, hopefully, will include tested and trusted Muslims like Mallam Adamu Adamu (current Minister of Education), Mallam Ahmed Ali (current head of customs) and Professor Ishaq Oloyede (current head of JAMB).

"Finally, I call on the Sultan of Sokoto and President General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) to take the bull by the horn by requesting for nominations from major Islamic organizations throughout the country.

"I put the responsibility on the wide shoulders of the NSCIA because it is the only umbrella organization for Muslims in Nigeria. It therefore has indisputable locus standi. Nevertheless, NSCIA is advised to hands off the team once it has been set up. The BOT of the UDF can only perform effectively if it is independent.

"This suggestion for the establishment of Ummah Development Fund is capable of lifting millions of Nigerian Muslims out of poverty, ignorance and disease.

"I urge Muslim leaders and Muslim elites to embrace it in the interest of coming Muslim generations. This is our legacy to unborn Muslim children. To ignore it is to incur the wrath of young Muslims who are already getting frustrated anyway. They are already asking : how did the affair of Nigerian Muslims get so worse? Why are we the dregs of society? What were our fathers doing? Why did they allow this to happen to us?"

PLEASE SHARE AMONG MUSLIM INDIVIDUALS, MUSLIM GROUPS & ISLAMIC ORGANISATIONS

JazzakumAllahu Khairan to the Professor Ishaq Akintola. It's a very good welcome idea. I think, if it can be done as rightly said, it will go along way in relieving the different sorts of sufferings that Nigerian Muslims are encountering on a daily basis.
Re: MURIC Director Proposed Ummah Development Funds by Wickedfacts: 12:04am On Sep 25, 2019
BroOptimist:

JazzakumAllahu Khairan to the Professor Ishaq Akintola. It's a very good welcome idea. I think, if it can be done as rightly said, it will go along way in relieving the different sorts of sufferings that Nigerian Muslims are encountering on a daily basis.

Keep fooling yourself. You dumb people would dash Akintola your money to feed fat on.

The Sultan sitting in Sokoto, what has he done for almajiri children out of school? Isn't Sokoto one of the poorest states in Nigeria?

What has MURIC done for poor Muslim children out of school? The thief wants to join those thieving pastors to collect tithe.

Keep nodding your empty head in agreement with Akintola, you hear. 10 kobo, you won't see.

(1) (Reply)

Do People Truly Make Money Online? / FG Pledges Support As Local Manufacturing Of Pencils Begins / Join Our Educative Money Making Crypto Telegram Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.