Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,728 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court (18817 Views)

Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' / Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 / Timi Frank To Osinbajo: Sue Me, Stop Threatening Media Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by Mrcomedimatic: 11:15am On Sep 24, 2019
A political activist and former Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Timi Frank, has called on the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) to bury their faces in their hands in shame over their gross act of corruption recently exposed by him.

Frank in a statement in Abuja in response to a riposte to his press release by the tax agency, said he cannot be intimidated by the agency’s threat to sue him.

He described the agency’s rantings as a puerile attempt to sweep the main issues in his public statement under the carpet.

He said that the FIRS thinks they can continue to deceive Nigerians by claiming unfounded budgetary fidelity.

Frank said: “I read the statement by the Federal Inland Revenue Service and I am rather disappointed at their intellectual laziness.

“Who is the FIRS trying to fool by claiming that their annual subvention is not up to a N100 billion? That is an unintelligent attempt to fool the public.

“The FIRS, like the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Central Bank of Nigeria and the Securities and Exchange Commission are revenue generating agencies of the Federal Government that do not depend on budgetary subventions.

“These agencies are able to appropriate huge funds from the monies they generate for their use.”

He urged the agency to come clean and tell Nigerians the reason for the discrepancies which exist in their records of tax collection.

“For example, on January 7, 2019, the Federal Inland Revenue Service announced that it had broken Nigeria’s all-time revenue generation record, by generating N5.3trillion in 2018.

“However, on 18th August, 2019, the FIRS’ boss was queried for poor performance and under remittances to the Federation Account by the Chief of Staff to General Muhammadu Buhari, Mr. Abba Kyari.

“Kyari’s letter to the FIRS’s Boss, Tunde Fowler, was to the intent that the reported ‘record breaking’ revenue the agency claimed to have generated was in reality not up to the revenues generated in the previous Peoples Democratic Party-led administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

“The query, which was widely published in all newspapers and online media channels, was as a result of the N90billion that the FIRS illegally funneled to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo for the 2019 elections which led to the shortfall.

“The FIRS should bury their head in the mud and apologise to Nigerians for aiding and abetting corruption,” he said.

The Bayelsa-born activist called on the anti-corruption agencies to arrest and prosecute the leadership of the Service for aiding and abetting corruption.

He said: “The big question is: what is responsible for the discrepancy? These are questions that the FIRS should be explaining to Nigerians rather than trying to be clever by half in claiming that they do not get up to N100 billion per annum, when in fact they expend 50 times that amount.

“I therefore call for the immediate arrest and prosecution of the leadership of the FIRS for fraud and money laundering.”

Frank added: "I stand by my statement and am not going to tender any apology to FiRS. They are the ones to apologize to Nigerians for illegally spending taxpayers’ money on elections.

“I cannot be intimidated by threats. I am prepared to meet them in court. Why are they crying more than the bereaved if they have nothing to hide?

“Why did they decide to respond on behalf of the Vice President, who is the main issue here? Is the FIRS now Osinbajo’s mouthpiece?”

END

Signed

Comrade Timi Frank
Political activist
Abuja

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by orunmila144: 11:16am On Sep 24, 2019
wow

3 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by solmusdesigns: 11:17am On Sep 24, 2019
cool

Good one,

Always be ready to stand by the consiquences of your actions and inactions like a man, unlike that coward Wendel Smellin, Fake Pastor Omokirikiri that has refused to enter Nigeria since Jonathan Lost, but blows propaganda online hiding under his wife's skirt

This is where FaniKayode , Fayose and Sowore Stands gallantly

18 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:17am On Sep 24, 2019
EFCC and ICPC should look into this matter ASAP.

STEALING IS NO LONGER CORRUPTION in our land.

We must know the whole truth of this matter.

mapet:

What are they looking at? Don't you see some of the illogical points in Timi Franks's statements?

1. How is FIRS a revenue generating body? Tax collection is not a revenue generation per say. It collects taxes that are remitted directly into the TSA where it is shared. How will FIRS unilaterally allocate or deduct from tax money? Even the Minister of Finance cannot do so.
2. Secondly, why is Timi Frank misrepresenting facts. The so called "query" to FIRS was never about missing money. It was about missing targets promised. There was no N90b money missing in the inquisition.
3. Is it not curious to you that Timi Frank has not made any documentary evidence to back up his claim public?
Hmmmm,
You have made some very good solid points here sir.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 24, 2019
Osibanjo is a pure Yahoo Yahoo boy with pen.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by neoclassical: 11:18am On Sep 24, 2019
There is no smoke without fire. The matter should be thoroughly investigated. Nigerian Politicians are criminals. There is massive corruption going-on in this present administration. FIRS under Fowler is being run like a one man business. Ask FIRS Staff. Osibanjo misappropriated billions of naira via Social Investment Programmes. Feeding of school children and other social investment programmes, except NPower are all scams. Let Timi Frank stand his ground and face them in Court. More will be reviewed at the right time. They are all criminals. So much money was withdrawn from CBN, NIMASA etc to prosecute 2019 elections by APC. The cabal is angry because Osibanjo alone cornered bulk of the N9billion by giving Tinubu (Lagos) only N5Billion out of the money. There are all evil men ruling the affairs of men in Nigeria.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by Riversides2003(m): 11:18am On Sep 24, 2019
Oya let’s meetin court if Una get balls. He knows what he is talking about.

12 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by sammyj: 11:18am On Sep 24, 2019
shocked The boldness at which this man is confronting the FIRS is top notch. Hopefully they will meet in court with His evidence

18 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by TechCapon(m): 11:18am On Sep 24, 2019
Ok
Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by magoo10(m): 11:18am On Sep 24, 2019
FIRS told us last year they generated over #5trillion for the Nigeria government now their defence for the fraudulent allegations is that their allocation is not up to 100billion. You do not need allocations to steal

If you can generate #5trillion then it is very possible that you can under declare smaller #90billion which is the bone of contention. Yahoo Yahoo

This is Nigeria there is no way the FIRS boss Fowler who is a Tinubu guy will not loot for his cronies. Practically impossible

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by Hausaman(m): 11:19am On Sep 24, 2019
Threats vs Threats gives you litigation. From the facts above, saint osibanjo is in soup.

15 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by GIDIBANKZ(m): 11:19am On Sep 24, 2019
Seun please bring back our old nairaland

This one is turning my eyes

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by Jchi9876: 11:19am On Sep 24, 2019
Lol Timi Frank's lips are just a huge,source of comedy

4 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by seven7clien(m): 11:19am On Sep 24, 2019
it's about to go down
Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by SarkinYarki: 11:19am On Sep 24, 2019
Hahahah watch FIRS back down

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by Idsoft: 11:20am On Sep 24, 2019
As e de hot
Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by sweetyme001(f): 11:20am On Sep 24, 2019
See you in court then.

3 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:20am On Sep 24, 2019
21 And the Lord God was angry put confusion in the camp of the APC ;
22 And they awoke and fought one another;
23 Till all were dead in their camp;
24 By daylight not one was living among them;
25 For the evil they had wrought in the land was much;
26 For the people had suffered terribly under their rule.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by akinbode1(m): 11:20am On Sep 24, 2019
Good one from Timi cool

3 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by slawomir: 11:21am On Sep 24, 2019
It is now obvious that the VP is the chairman of Yahoo men

Not Yahoo boys

13 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by jarawa: 11:21am On Sep 24, 2019
Mr Timi! boldness

8 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by Mentorkaryhm(m): 11:21am On Sep 24, 2019
There is no perfect crime, there must b loop hole and it requires d eyes of an experience or potential criminal to detect it. Hope timi got what it takes to stand with his claims.

2 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by Kennitrust(m): 11:22am On Sep 24, 2019
At the end of all, we the masses suffer the consequences of the corrupt system.

APC zombie will be scarce in this thread.

Moral lesson; when it is the truth, the mind will be bold to face it.

8 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by festacman(m): 11:22am On Sep 24, 2019
FIRS should meet him court then.

1 Like

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:22am On Sep 24, 2019
Hahaha
Dude stands by his words!
Over to you firs

9 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by extraswag007(m): 11:22am On Sep 24, 2019
They should bury their head in shame

13 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by RTSC2: 11:23am On Sep 24, 2019
Tunde Fowler.

A concentrated crook. Turned government agency to a bank for his girlfriends.

13 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 24, 2019
When will northerners start bringing down each other like the the southerners are good at?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by Cyoung4real(m): 11:23am On Sep 24, 2019
Suen, we asked for upgrade and you went and change font and remove borders without adding the dislike button. you for kuku leave am as e be before ni

17 Likes

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by ntyce(m): 11:25am On Sep 24, 2019
The guy is just blabbing...
As you can see, he's already shifting the narrative from Osinbajo collecting money from FIRS to FIRS itself.

Come and repeat all you wrote in court

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Timi Frank To FIRS: I Stand By My Statement, Says I Shall Meet You In Court by AleAirHub(m): 11:25am On Sep 24, 2019
Interesting...

Atom of truth may be unveil if FIRS goes to court to challenge Timi but last last nothing come outside grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Denge Onoh Backs Nnamani, Wike For Stance On Tinubu / REPORT: President Yaradua Is Dead? / Niger Delta Militants Withdraw Quit Notice To Northerners, Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.