Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k (2894 Views)

Neat Toyota Sienna 2021 Model For Sale (naija Community) / Camry 2005 Big Daddy For Sale / Toyota Camry Big Daddy For Sale (naija Used) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by Obilomatic: 6:52pm On Sep 24, 2019
This car has no fault, i am the real owner and just fixed it up to standard, the sun roof is not working, the seatbelt hook on the driver's side is bad and needs to be changed, aside everything is perfect;

Engine: 90%
Gear : 90%
Body : 90%
Suspension : 90%
Interior : 80%
AC : 90%

Seious Buyers Only, the car is in excellent working condition, The papers are intact including custom duty and i only use OEM parts to fix it and it has newly installed tokumbo engine. The price is slightly negotiable.

Send me message on WhatsApp or call : 08033954540

Serious Buyers Only.

Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by naijadrivablog: 7:36pm On Sep 24, 2019
Timing
Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:55pm On Sep 24, 2019
Run a scan. The check engine light is on. There's also a probability your mechanic got sold a recycled engine. Things happen in ladipo lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by Kreamie(m): 5:47am On Sep 25, 2019
Your check ‘engine light’ is on for a reason.

Scan the vehicle.
Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by TRYGO(m): 8:37am On Sep 25, 2019
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Have you scanned the car yet for codes? Any suggestions I'm giving here, is off of my head, since we don't have a scanned codes available here.

The idling on display is extremely low.
It is supposed to be below 2RPM. Definitely not on 1RPM. It should be between 700-800.

If it's below these ranges, the car would stall, and won't power the AC system.

Your AC system performance is proportional to engine revolution, and that is what accounts for the experiences you've encountered when you rev the engine, the AC cooling improves, and when you don't rev, the cooling is poor or none existent at all.

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Suggestions/Questions for you:
1. Have you complained to your mechanic about this issues?

2. When you rev the engine, does the engine sounds as if it hesitate (something that is not smooth kind of)?

3. Ask your mechanic to adjust the engine idling located on the peddle(that is where the pedel/throttle sensor is located). You used a 6/7mm spanner to achieved that.
A scan tool can also help if you have one.

4. If #3 above fails, then a vacuum leak somewhere maybe present on the car.

PS: Would have replied yesterday, but I was banned from the forum since Monday. The ban got lifted this morning.

Hope this meets you well.

3 Likes

Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by diportivo: 12:01pm On Sep 25, 2019
if you are sure the engine installed is a 2az and not 1az,your iacv is the most likely culprit...I say most likely because that's what regulates idle speed

e nor need spanner,e nor need screwdriver

the valve just needs to be free instead of being stuck in one position like this ur problem seems to indicate

I wish u luck sir
Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by AutoMoTech(m): 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2019
diportivo:
if you are sure the engine installed is a 2az and not 1az,your iacv is the most likely culprit...I say most likely because that's what regulates idle speed

e nor need spanner,e nor need screwdriver

the valve just needs to be free instead of being stuck in one position like this ur problem seems to indicate

I wish u luck sir
I think this engine doesn't have an Idle Air Control Valve since it is a throttle by wire system. I might be wrong

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by TRYGO(m): 1:59pm On Sep 25, 2019
diportivo. I don't think you really understand why you're saying here.

How would you say a big daddy Camry does not have where the idle speed is adjusted?

Have you worked on a car like this before, or what?

Can you get a friend's car, and pls knee down to the accelerator peddle. You'd see the pedel/throttle sensor positioned there.

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by diportivo: 2:04pm On Sep 25, 2019
AutoMoTech:

I think this engine doesn't have an Idle Air Control Valve since it is a throttle by wire system. I might be wrong
now I know

thank u sir
Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by diportivo: 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2019
TRYGO:
diportivo. I don't think you really understand why you're saying here.

How would you say a big daddy Camry does not have where the idle speed is adjusted?

Have you worked on a car like this before, or what?

Can you get a friend's car, and pls knee down to the accelerator peddle. You'd see the pedel/throttle sensor positioned there.

I didnt quote u

I also didnt say whatever it is you av said doesn't av an adjuster

I made reference to iacv......on the cars I own,theres nothing to adjust

if u think I wrote spanner in reference to what u advised pls read again.....it isnt for u

I av not worked on a big daddy before....I av not even driven one before sef since I do not av a friend that owns one

mr automotech has corrected me and I av thanked him
Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by TRYGO(m): 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2019
Kosi wahala ore! Ose
Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by diportivo: 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2019
TRYGO:
Kosi wahala ore! Ose

olorun oni je kari wahala baba

ire o

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by TRYGO(m): 2:12pm On Sep 25, 2019
Kosi wahala ore! Ose o! Mabinu.
Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by TRYGO(m): 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2019
Amin o Jesu.
Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by homeboy205: 3:35pm On Sep 26, 2019
Obilomatic:
Hello nairalanders, Nigerian mechanics have almost sent me to village, I just changed my engine, got a Tokumbo engine and it's idle revs is way below 2 like in the image uploaded and it doesn't make the AC blow cold and it also make the car vibrate but when I rev it up to let's say 800, 900 or 1000 the car stops vibrating and if I turn on the AC, it blows cold, even while driving if I rev it and it goes down to normal the AC won't blow cold and sometimes it makes the car temperature rise, I will love any advice from anybody.

Try cleaning your throttle body it control the idle speed.

How much did you get the engine?
Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by Obilomatic: 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
homeboy205:

I got it for 170k, I'm just having issues with overheating when I put on my AC

Try cleaning your throttle body it control the idle speed.

How much did you get the engine?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by homeboy205: 7:00am On Sep 27, 2019
[quote author=Obilomatic post=82599017][/quote]

I am no mechanic broda but I won’t lie for you. You bought a 1AZ engine and your mechanic knows. Direct engine for your car goes for 260k above.

It is not powerful enough for the car because it is not the same engine in the car before
Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:17am On Sep 27, 2019
homeboy205:

I am no mechanic broda but I won’t lie for you. You bought a 1AZ engine and your mechanic knows. Direct engine for your car goes for 260k above.

It is not powerful enough for the car because it is not the same engine in the car before
I was going to say this, thank you.
You bought the wrong engine.

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by homeboy205: 7:23am On Sep 27, 2019
Even the 260k is for direct 2AZ half engine, complete direct 2AZ-FE cost 300-320
Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by Obilomatic: 9:11am On Sep 27, 2019
All this mechanic sha, I don't even know what to do self,
I will try taking it to a real garage to know what the real problem is

homeboy205:

Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by TRYGO(m): 12:38pm On Sep 27, 2019
Let's not all conclude on the mechanic yet guys.
An investigation is needed, on exactly what is going on with the car. He can't get such info online here. He needs to take it to a shop for that to be assessed.

Some questions for you:
1. Have you experienced this issues prior to the last engine that was there before? Pls be truthful here.

If no, then that engine may have issues related to overheating.

2. At that price, was it a complete engine, or just boranle?
You'd get that engine complete for around #300k+.

You have two options:
1. If it hasn't being long you got the engine, at least, its under warranty abi? Go get a replacement.

2. Repair the one there, and move on.

Regards,
Joseph
Re: TOYOTA CAMRY BIG DADDY FOR SALE (naija Used) @900k by allfriends(m): 10:56am On Oct 24, 2019
Let's leave grammar , d engine is not ok ,it has very low pressure .. ur mechanic knows , dt engine is not a tokunbo engine but one that has been worked on ... Ask any mechanic if they ve opened d cylinder before , I'm sure he LL tell u yes ... Abeg dt your mechanic s a crook

(1) (Reply)

Give Me Reasons To Buy Mercedes Benz ML 320 / Car Jerks Before Coming To A Halt / Audi A4 Engine Oil Shortage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.