Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? (11584 Views)

Pls Help Me I Have Anger Issues / Don’t Kill Your Husband. This Is How To Deal With Him If He Is Cheating On You / 7 Year Old With Anger Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by dynicks(m): 10:49am On Sep 27, 2019
shocked
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 27, 2019
Double post
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by larryking540: 10:51am On Sep 27, 2019
Back when I was in university, wen even I think how my growing up is, I just get myself tipsy with alcohol, and I just laugh over it, even till dat though I don't drink dat much, even if a fly makes me angry I just laugh and walk away

Thanks alcohol
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by Judybash93(m): 10:52am On Sep 27, 2019
Walk away... You won't regret it.
I used to have anger issues until picked up the habit of walking away when such fuckery arises

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by NaijaTushboy(m): 10:54am On Sep 27, 2019
CapedBaldy:
I honestly need help. I try to suppress my anger but I always find myself reacting aggressively when provoked. when I'm reacting aggressively because of my anger I feel in my mind that I'm overreacting but then it's already too late and I can't stop myself. I like being alone and minding my business but there's always something that winds up triggering me. I don't know if this makes any sense because I don't really know how to explain how I feel.
hit your fist on the wall

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by gees101(m): 10:55am On Sep 27, 2019
Drink cold water
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by Ceejayink: 10:56am On Sep 27, 2019
ursullalinda:
Identification is the first solution and u have done that kudos! because some pple boast with their weakness and make noise with it. So wen the anger comes think of damages it brings then find something to sip (like water, drink) or better still walk away from the scene. Put it in prayers because God has a way of turning our weaknesses to strength
very true
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by lizdammy: 10:58am On Sep 27, 2019
donstan18:
Go and slap a Nigerian soldier, you'll learn.
Haba! grin
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by anayolity: 11:01am On Sep 27, 2019
The best way is to stay calm when you are angry and dont say a word lipsrsealed lipsrsealed..... or try the hardest part by walking away undecided.... when you are angry thats the best time to say very few words!!!

Like I always tell my friends " if i react the way i get angry i would have been in jail a long time ago"
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by dallyemmy: 11:01am On Sep 27, 2019
Have moderate expectation of people.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by Bbbwings: 11:06am On Sep 27, 2019
TwentyOnePilots:
To provoke you dey hungry me.... grin
We stressed out.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by TwentyOnePilots(m): 11:09am On Sep 27, 2019
Bbbwings:

We stressed out.

I tell you.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by goshen26: 11:10am On Sep 27, 2019
CapedBaldy:
I honestly need help. I try to suppress my anger but I always find myself reacting aggressively when provoked. when I'm reacting aggressively because of my anger I feel in my mind that I'm overreacting but then it's already too late and I can't stop myself. I like being alone and minding my business but there's always something that winds up triggering me. I don't know if this makes any sense because I don't really know how to explain how I feel.

Tho its hard to do; "become a temporal dumb for that moment"

During that time words may want to force itself out of your mouth, but keep the words in your mouth like someone who stole hot yam only for him to see the owner approaching....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 27, 2019
angry that you have anger.. u're proud of your anger coz u feel entitled to get angry at other people cause u feel u're more intelligent or better than the other person... until u understand that others are entitled to being wrong in ur opinion then u're still going to remain a sad lonely fool who cannot see beyond ur nose...
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by MILLERMannn: 11:16am On Sep 27, 2019
[quote author=Oma307 post=82612402]the best thing to do is to hold your breath for 5 seconds and think of the consequences of your anger[/qute]
The society is so corrupt and is stupid that the only way to acts is to be angry.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 27, 2019
CapedBaldy:

do 100 push ups, 100 squats, 100 sit ups, and 10km running every day, and you won't get angry, Plus you will become so strong you can defeat anybody with one punch but you'll also go bald.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by davidbanner(m): 11:18am On Sep 27, 2019
CapedBaldy:

I'll plug in my earpiece, consult my chrisßrown playlist...take a long walk with plantain chips in my hands...

If it's at night, I'll do same above except the walking thing... Will rather lock myself up.. will take a bath after long hours.

That's the technique I employed 2 years ago..

I've graduated tho, I'll just be looking at you.. wetin concern me

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by godofuck231: 11:18am On Sep 27, 2019
CapedBaldy:
go for martial art training, jujitsu most preferably and start breath control practice followed by anger therapy , see your psychologist and give him or her this - MAOA-A2, you are having an anger genetic disorder where by you lack chemical in your system to suppress anger , good enough it reduces with age, start quickly before it gets worse.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by halldorr: 11:18am On Sep 27, 2019
Nice to see this here. https://www.vsharedownload.website
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by MILLERMannn: 11:18am On Sep 27, 2019
Oma307:
the best thing to do is to hold your breath for 5 seconds and think of the consequences of your anger
The society is so corrupt and is stupid that the only way to acts is to be angry. but it has to be done in moderation.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by sunnedee2: 11:24am On Sep 27, 2019
Good question.
But from my personal experience, your level of stress is directly proportional to your level of anger
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by HaryoBamex(m): 11:34am On Sep 27, 2019
CapedBaldy:

When someone tries to make you angry, is either u walk away or u find something that makes you laugh. It works for me...
By the way, it's like u watch one punch man (saitama). I really miss that movie can't wait for season 3 to come out.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by Mutemenot(m): 11:50am On Sep 27, 2019
CapedBaldy:

Thank you for this thread, I'm in your shoes . Mine is even terrible that it causes me sleepless night when provoked. Over a week I feel still pains cos someone scratched my car, d most annoying part is that someone with me prevented me from fighting the man. The anger is yet to leave cos I still wish I could meet the man in a fight ..
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by Royalfurnitures: 11:55am On Sep 27, 2019
Invite the Holy Spirit into your life, he will guide you on how to do that

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by Alashoalash10: 11:57am On Sep 27, 2019
Aonkuuse:
First learn to take things as they are, "yes it is done and anger can not undo it only finding solution"
Secondly Learn to let go, don't be too hard on things.
Thirdly don't be too judgemental, see weakness in other people too. They are humans, give room for their shortcomings. High expectations brings disappointment and disappointment brings anger.
Learn to walk away.
Learn to forgive without asking.
Also learn to always pray for God's grace to have a heart free of anger, it comes from within,if you are yet to become a friend of Jesus please do, read the Bible and pray, filled your heart with God's word and you will see the difference
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by Hotfella(m): 11:59am On Sep 27, 2019
Used to have this issue until I saw someone slap a bike man and he slumped, like play like play the bike man didn't get up again, police carried the "slapper" and the corpse away.

When the anger comes up, think of the results of your anger based actions which are most times destructive.

Finally an old lady once gave me a tip which has always worked for me, mind you I didn't know this person. We met on the way, she accosted me and told me I should always drink water when I get angry. It has helped a lot.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by Candycrushy(f): 12:12pm On Sep 27, 2019
The next time u flair up at situations, place ur two hands on ur head and say LORD HAVE MERCY...
thank me later
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by onwubiko(m): 12:15pm On Sep 27, 2019
Aonkuuse:
First learn to take things as they are, "yes it is done and anger can not undo it only finding solution"
Secondly Learn to let go, don't be too hard on things.
Thirdly don't be too judgemental, see weakness in other people too. They are humans, give room for their shortcomings. High expectations brings disappointment and disappointment brings anger.
Learn to walk away.
Learn to forgive without asking.
I will like to add to this :==
Fourth say no to pride, because when you get angry that pride in you won't allow you to say sorry. .... saying I AM SORRY goes a long way.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by samsam2019: 12:26pm On Sep 27, 2019
We are in the same boat but I think I've mellowed a bit
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by Jpapexjunior: 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2019
I was once like you but after reading my identity by miracle maribe n why u act the way you do by Tim lahiye my behavior changed pretty good I must say,understanding ur strength n weakness is the key factor in controlling what triggers ur anger,overtime u'll come to see DAT anger is a decision,understanding hw ur subconscious mind works will go a long way
Re: What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? by Princewell2012(m): 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2019
Hotfella:
Used to have this issue until I saw someone slap a bike man and he slumped, like play like play the bike man didn't get up again, police carried the "slapper" and the corpse away.

When the anger comes up, think of the results of your anger based actions which are most times destructive.

Finally an old lady once gave me a tip which has always worked for me, mind you I didn't know this person. We met on the way, she accosted me and told me I should always drink water when I get angry. It has helped a lot.

All the best.

Wonderful. I think this strategy is the best option. A lots of people is saying walkaway. To where exactly? What if am in my house and a friend came in and provoked me me, shall I leave my house for him? Or is their another meaning to that sentences, walking away? Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Jonathan’s Secret Wife And Mother Of Two( PIC) / Should I Tell My Best Friend, His Wife Is Cheating On Him? / Wife Drags Husband To Court For Stealing Her N15,000 Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.