Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

I’ve No Candidates For Council Polls, Says Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve No Candidates For Council Polls, Says Fayemi (162 Views)

Old Naira Notes Deadline: President Buhari Calls For Council Of State Meeting / Cross River APC Has No Candidates - INEC / APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’ve No Candidates For Council Polls, Says Fayemi by bellachibaby(f): 5:42am On Sep 25, 2019
AHEAD of the December 7 local government elections in Ekiti, Governor Kayode Fayemi said on Tuesday that he has no preferred candidates for the forthcoming primary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state.

Fayemi in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Olayinka Oyebode, said he remained committed to his earlier stance that there would be no anointed aspirants, cautioning people against dropping his name in a bid to scuttle laid down procedure.

The governor also directed the leadership of the APC in the state to ensure a transparent and hitchfree process for the emergence of the party’s candidates.

Governor Fayemi said that every effort must be made to ensure genuine consensus on candidates’ emergence, adding that clear primary should be the mode of selection, where consensus is impossible.

“Primaries must be well done in a way that even losers will know that they lost fair and square and I have no preferred candidate anywhere. Everybody should go and work for the support of their people. After all, I went through primaries even as a former Governor and leader of the party,” he said.

The governor also urged members of the party to show good examples to others by observing laid down rules of the party and ensuring that differences arising from the contest are resolved amicably.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/ive-no-candidates-council-polls-says-fayemi/

(1) (Reply)

Odsg Promoting The Wealth Of The Masses Through Sustainable Livelihood / UNGA: Kwara State Governor Seeks Solutions To End Poverty And Improve Security / Kogi REC Says, Politicians, Unemployment The Cause Of Fake News, Hate Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.