Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant (10409 Views)

300 Level UNN Law Student Scams Lecturer Over N120million / University Of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Wins Zonal Mathematics Award / UNILORIN Wins West African Debate Championship Held In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by Johnnyessence(m): 7:22am On Sep 25, 2019
The University of Ilorin says its
Department of Chemistry has
secured a Seeding Labs Equipment
grant worth over N120 million.
According to the University of
Ilorin Bulletin issued on Monday,
the department submitted two
research proposals on Cancer and
Cosmeceuticals that eventually
won the grant for the institution.
According to the publication, the
principal investigator, Ezekiel
Odebunmi, said Seeding Labs is a
US-based non-governmental
organisation dedicated to helping
scientists make discoveries that
improve life and the planet.
He said the NGO is dedicated to
removing a key barrier to research
and science teaching by making
laboratory equipment available to
universities in low-and middle-
income countries.
According to the report, the
Seeding Labs equipment includes
Mass Spectrometer, Scanning
Electron Microscope (SEM), High-
Pressure Liquid Chromatography
(HPLC), and other consumables
among others.
It said that this will improve the
Department’s research
productivity while enhancing the
training of both its undergraduate
and postgraduate students.
It explained that the Department
won the grant after an
unsuccessful first attempt in 2016.
“The experiences garnered in the
first attempt and the other
previous research acumen, as well
as the commitment and support of
the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Sulyman
Abdulkareem, assisted the team in
pursuing the grant.”
According to the report, the
equipment, which has already
arrived the Lagos Sea Port, would
put the University of Ilorin on the global map
because more quality research outcomes would
emanate from the University.
READ ALSO: TECH-U WILL RECEIVE MY NECESSARY
SUPPORT – MAKINDE
“With the equipment, studies by the staff
researchers, postgraduate and undergraduate
students would take a new dimension.
“Samples that were usually being sent outside
for analysis would now be done at the
University with little cost.
“The University would train capable individuals
on how best to operate the equipment,” it said.
(NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/353943-unilorin-wins-n120million-labs-equipment-grant.html

6 Likes

Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by Johnnyessence(m): 7:22am On Sep 25, 2019
congratulations to professor obaleye on this great grant. obalium is a goal .

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by Tolexander: 7:33am On Sep 25, 2019
Johnnyessence:
congratulations to professor obaleye on this great grant. obalium is a goal .
You meant 120million Naira is a great grant for a university, not an individual o?

Stop the joke, it isn’t good for your health o grin

7 Likes

Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by helinues: 7:35am On Sep 25, 2019
Only if they will spend close to N80m for the said Lab equipments

4 Likes

Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by CAPSLOCKED: 7:37am On Sep 25, 2019
helinues:
Only if they will spend close to N80m for the said Lab equipments

IF THEY EVEN SEE LITMUS TEST PAPER THEY SHOULD THANK THEIR STARS.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by omenka(m): 7:48am On Sep 25, 2019
Not too bad, even though it is just a drop in the ocean.

I look forward to the day when we career academics and researchers wouldnt have to travel or send samples overseas for analysis. The cost of doing so has been one of the major impediments to the growth of science in the country.

On several occasions, I had to abandon certain works as a result of the unavailability of certain lab instruments such as GCMS, UHPLC, XD and XF specs, etc.

Sometimes I wonder, rather than build all these brothels moneybags call hotels, why not build a research institute with fully equipped labs where researchers can converge and do great stuffs while you make even more money than those hotels can give you?

We get very long way to go for this country.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by omenka(m): 7:51am On Sep 25, 2019
Tolexander:
You meant 120million Naira is a great grant for a university, not an individual o?

Stop the joke, it isn’t good for your health o grin
It is indeed very small as just three moderate spectroscopic instruments could swallow up the entire sum, but it is still better than nothing. I just pray they utilise it for the purpose for which it is meant.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by AgentNairaland(f): 7:52am On Sep 25, 2019
Awon Omo Mesuru Gambari

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by bIoodykiller: 7:55am On Sep 25, 2019
omenka:
Not too bad, even though it is just a drop in the ocean.

I look forward to the day when we career academics and researchers wouldnt have to travel or send samples overseas for analysis. The cost of doing so has been one of the major impediments to the growth of science in the country.

On several occasions, I had to abandon certain works as a result of the unavailability of certain lab instruments such as GCMS, UHPLC, XD and XF specs, etc.

Sometimes I wonder, rather than build all these brothels moneybags call hotels, why not build a research institute with fully equipped labs where researchers can converge and do great stuffs while you make even more money than those hotels can give you?

We get very long way to go for this country.
omenka nwa mama cheesy
i hail ooo
Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by Tolexander: 7:55am On Sep 25, 2019
omenka:
It is indeed very small as just three moderate spectroscopic instruments could swallow up the entire sum, but it is still better than nothing. I just pray they utilise it for the purpose for which it is meant.
Actually, the great he used in qualifying the grant was appalling to me.

To the bolded, that is the prayer of everyone, considering the fate that have befallen the numerous grants received in the past
Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by princetg: 7:56am On Sep 25, 2019
Good work. Cudos
Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by lyriclekidd(m): 7:57am On Sep 25, 2019
Good for them.
Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by friendlyadvice: 7:57am On Sep 25, 2019
grin and the grant shall be used to equip the pockets of their ogas at the top

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by Akuchaser: 7:57am On Sep 25, 2019
Okay o
Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by Mandesz(m): 7:59am On Sep 25, 2019
some1 will say better by far just for 120m
Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by CrimeKsmart: 8:00am On Sep 25, 2019
Better by far
Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by omenka(m): 8:08am On Sep 25, 2019
Tolexander:
Actually, the great he used in qualifying the grant was appalling to me.

To the bolded, that is the prayer of everyone, considering the fate that have befallen the numerous grants received in the past
See ehn, as it stands, the only reason why MOST tertiary educational institutions in the country are still standing today is TETFUND.

Go to most of these institutions and youd see just about ALL building projects completed or ongoing in the recent past are either courtesy TETFUND or ETF, though I hardly see ETF these days.

Only problem is the school admins that have turned such projects into their personal cash vows, leaving them mostly substandard.

Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by iWasNotHere(m): 8:12am On Sep 25, 2019
How much is 120M. Money baba Oyedepo will remove from his wallet
Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 25, 2019
Ok
Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by midnighter(f): 8:15am On Sep 25, 2019
Lol why not just give them the new equipment, thats not enough.

by the time it get past numerous "offices" it will reduce even more.

Shame!
Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by OakConsultNG: 8:17am On Sep 25, 2019
That's nice
Re: Unilorin Wins N120million Labs Equipment Grant by Jayug(m): 8:17am On Sep 25, 2019
Good news to the university. Invest today and have your own good news flowing monthly

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Response Jamb Gave To A Guy,after Scoring 99% In Both Physics And Chem / Bandits Kidnap 5 Female Students Of Federal University, Dutsin-Ma Katsina / Can 1 Person Obtain Two Direct Entry Forms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.