Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Discussing Fruit Farming Business In Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Discussing Fruit Farming Business In Nigeria (1206 Views)

Pineapple Fruit Farming / Fruit Farming Business Opportunities In Nigeria / Start This Lucrative Farming Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discussing Fruit Farming Business In Nigeria by world1(m): 8:03am On Sep 25, 2019
My Dear Green Millionaires,

One area of Agribusiness that has been neglected and almost going into extinction in Nigeria is fruits farming. Fruit farming is an important sector of horticulture with immense economic importance being a high paying option for land utilization.

But in other countries most especially in East Africa fruit farming business is growing day by day as farmers and other entrepreneurs are profiting in this business.

Why then are we not getting it right? Let's discuss.

1 Like

Re: Discussing Fruit Farming Business In Nigeria by world1(m): 9:24am On Sep 25, 2019
WHY IS FRUIT FARMING PROFITABLE?

1. HIGH YIELD
With fruit farming you earn a better return than many of the fields crops once you have a well maintained and established garden.

2. EFFICIENT UTILIZATION OF RESOURCES
Fruit farming are seasonal in nature and hence, farmers have to engage themselves in other occupations during slack seasons. Because its perennial in nature it enables the grower to remain engaged throughout the year in farm operations and utilize full the resources and assets.

3. FOREIGN TRADE POTENTIAL
Many fresh fruits, processed products and spices have good export potential. Farmers can earn good amount of foreign currency from international trade.

4. CONTINUOUS CASH FLOW
Harvesting of most of the fruit is of continuous in nature. Due to the perishable nature, it needs to be marketed immediately after harvest. This provides a source of continuous flow of inputs and for other expenses of immediate nature as against other crops which are harvested one time.

Re: Discussing Fruit Farming Business In Nigeria by Gabbyayo(m): 6:44am On Apr 20, 2020
Following and I'm happy to come across your posts.
I went through your post on plantain plantaintion and I thought I should plead with you if there are sword suckers available for me? I reside in Delta state and I have about 2 acres of land which I have dedicated to the plantaintion. Thank you as u await your guidance.

1 Like

Re: Discussing Fruit Farming Business In Nigeria by world1(m): 8:21am On Dec 27, 2021
Get intouch zero8065220074
Re: Discussing Fruit Farming Business In Nigeria by world1(m): 10:50pm On Jul 06, 2023
If you want a stable and massive mega money please plant hass Avocado, but note the initial investment is not small oooooooooo.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

20 Tonnes Of Pig or Poultry Manure Needed / 60% ROI On Cassava Plantation / Dried Yellow Maize For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.