Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,976 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 (55256 Views)

Sheffield United Vs Manchester United (3 - 3) On 24th November 2019 / Manchester United Vs Brighton (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 / Chelsea Vs Ajax : UCL (4 - 4) On 5th November 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 10, 2019
Wow!!

What a great performance for VVD... Ballon d'or loading.!!!

Once again, he has led LiVARpool to another tremendous win..

Mane and Salah are lucky to have their best player on the field, stopping goals and avoiding dribbling...

VVD for Ballon d'or is sure now!!!
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by mvem(m): 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2019
chiboy1116:
okay , Barcelona has the highest number of ballon d or winners , that's also history , Barcelona has far more league cups than Liverpool , more Leagues than Liverpool , just one behind Liverpool in the UCL , more uefa super cup , more FIFA club world cup . Guy Barcelona mate na Madrid and probably Bayern for history abeg . You think say to win treble twice easy ?
liverpool has won the treble
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by WaywardSon(m): 9:57pm On Nov 10, 2019
RTSC:
In fact it is a battle of ideals and football culture.
Something like eastern vs western power.

Gergen presse vs tiki taka

Kloop vs guradiola

Liverpool vs Barcelona.

And Liverpool is dismantling those myths one at a time.

The greatest enemy of Barcelona is not real Madrid, it is Liverpool.
I doubt this liverpool could handle counter attacking prime Real Madrid team, they were almost unstoppable, there was only one team capable of containing that level of intensive attack, FC Barcelona
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by zeestone99(m): 10:01pm On Nov 10, 2019
adarayz:
see as op quickly change score line

If to say nah Liverpool score, go take am 20mins before him change am

angry angry angry
Don't mind him. He's a bad belle human being.
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by RTSC: 10:02pm On Nov 10, 2019
WaywardSon:

I doubt this liverpool could handle counter attacking prime Real Madrid team, they were almost unstoppable, there was only one team capable of containing that level of intensive attack, FC Barcelona
This Liverpool would press the living daylight out of them.

It would be a high scoring game though on both ends.
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by Ekpekus(m): 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2019
willian10:

Nothing is sentimental
Stop being bitter
Stop being subjective and be objective..
Watch football without sentiments and you will understand that VAR is ruining the game
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by Gazzy88(m): 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2019
Liver pool
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by zeestone99(m): 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2019
EgusiShankly:
lfc under pressure since Henderson came off and Mane switched to the right...

And some olodo fans will say hendo is not doing anything.
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by Wordson(m): 10:05pm On Nov 10, 2019
invigilator:
hehehe... I believe my team will give them a hard time
dey sure will.. Dir present form speaks volume and will definitely call for man city to strategize a lot more on d drawing board.. But hey, let ur prayer point be.. God let us at d very most draw! because sincerely dats d best dat u guys can do o
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by Pacesetter123(m): 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2019
Jasen1:
See as man city de beg for pk like man united grin grin

Bros, don't 4get dat any club from Manchester is always addicted to penalty.Its in dia DNA.Weda City..ooo or de mother of dem, United.All of dem r de same wen it comes to begging for penalty.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by onegig(m): 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2019
I don't get what all of you are about VAR or the REF. i guess you guys don't read that's why most are just frosting on the mouth. Read the basic handball rules and understand the ref was spot on not to have not called the Handball.

It is an offence if a player:

1. deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball

2. gains possession/control of the ball after it has touched their hand/arm and then:

3. scores in the opponents’ goal

4. creates a goal-scoring opportunity

5. scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper

It is usually an offence if a player:

1. touches the ball with their hand/arm when:

2. the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger

3. the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm)

4. The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close.

Except for the above offences, it is not usually an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:

1. directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)

2. directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close

3. if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally bigger

4. when a player falls and the hand/arm is between the body and the ground to support the body, but not extended laterally or vertically away from the body
5. The goalkeeper has the same restrictions on handling the ball as any other player outside the penalty area. If the goalkeeper handles the ball inside their penalty area when not permitted to do so, an indirect free kick is awarded but there is no disciplinary sanction.

http://www.theifab.com/laws/chapter/32/section/92/

The first incidence was clearly not an handball. He didn't move his hand to obstruct the ball neither did he make himself bigger with his hands. The second incident, his hands were in a natural position and sterling was 2 yards away and hit the ball against his hands. His hands weren't raised or moving at the time of play. According to the basic handball rules both aren't handballs. Except you are guys looking for armless defenders those calls would never be called as a penalty. So maybe you guys read up and understand the rules before arguing blindly.

5 Likes

Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by Kisjay21: 10:15pm On Nov 10, 2019
If you can load a Spanish aza(Account). Please quote me let's do business. Serious minded people only

1 Like

Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by zeestone99(m): 10:15pm On Nov 10, 2019
chiboy1116:
laliga is not a league and they have been dominating both in UCL and Europa ? Laliga is not a league and Sevilla won us convincingly in the Europa League final few years ago? Baba calm down . grin . Same could be said about Liverpool , we won the league when we had no competition then in the 70's and 80's , so?

Let me tell you something. Madrid and Barcelona are very good teams. Laliga also have a way in helping them win ucl and europa cos they don't face strong opponents compared to the English teams. Now imagine Chelsea playing city during weekend and Tuesday playing bayern or juve in knockout stage or mancity playing liverpool then Chelsea then still play a top team in ucl during midweek.There will be selection headache, focus will be imbalance, as both titles are worth fighting for,any slip up is bad market. Compare to Laliga where you can comfortably knockout your league opponent and prepare well for ucl.forget it English teams dey try.
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by openmine(m): 10:17pm On Nov 10, 2019
EbukaHades10:
Liverpool fan with "fergieboy". OK o.

As for ur pk, VAR is there. Watch the replays. The ball struck Bernardo b4 it hit Arnold and the second handball, Arnold's hands were glued to his body.
Bros leave all these manutd and city fans way the hide behind "i am a liverpool fan"
They are ashamed of accepting their L in peace grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by Pacesetter123(m): 10:19pm On Nov 10, 2019
Tonymegabush1:
This man like webb 4 united back then

Can favour any team he fancy each time he blows chelsea match go check the stats can even blow against chelsea just for smiling
grin grin
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by donMIG(m): 10:20pm On Nov 10, 2019
lascodii:
As I see say Henderson dey play for Liverpool .. I Don dey fear

I hope u c how important he is to the team now
After he left city grew into the game n scored!

1 Like

Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by Pacesetter123(m): 10:21pm On Nov 10, 2019
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by awoo47: 10:29pm On Nov 10, 2019
Richy4:
I'm so proud of the boys. They are really stamping their authority wherever field they found themselves. .

I remembered about 7-8yrs ago, it was like a taboo to say that you were a Liverpool fan.. when our premier league positions were usually 4th, 5th or 6th positions..I'm glad about the turn of events. Also happy about the fact that people can now boldly say that they were Liverpool fan..

However I am worried about the bragging going on. Liverpool supporters were not used to bragging... We are simply silent achievers.. I hope these were genuine supporters who will stick with the boys when the road gets bumpy not the fair weather fans..
silent achievers grin we we're only silent because we were shit fr almost a decade.
we just recently started playing UCL football
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by openmine(m): 10:32pm On Nov 10, 2019
donMIG:

I hope u c how important he is to the team now
After he left city grew into the game n scored!
Most of them only look at salah,firmino and mane forgetting the silent and most important job the likes of fabinho,Wijnaldum and herderson always do in the midfield which normally goes unnoticed!

1 Like

Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by AniTech(m): 10:38pm On Nov 10, 2019
LIVERPOOL FC

Obviously, they are not walking alone but they still need to watch their back.

~e fit be say na one small club go treat dia f*** up!~

1 Like

Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by donMIG(m): 10:41pm On Nov 10, 2019
Aturitoroman:
How's this not a penalty angry.
May God punish VAR angry

It came off benado silvas arm n unto TAA
Understand?
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by ReeLoaDead(m): 10:48pm On Nov 10, 2019
saintol:
That was then, this is now. smiling...
wicked cheesy

1 Like

Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by donMIG(m): 10:49pm On Nov 10, 2019
Astark:
A club that Haven't win league trophy for years asin over 30 years is making mouth.

Who won the most prestigious prize recently?
For calm down n stop hating on the pooliver!
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by Suspect33(m): 10:50pm On Nov 10, 2019
Bills2307:

If it’s from the beginning of this season till now. I will gladly say he’s better than most of them.
What in the world is golovin, benzema, van der beek doing der.
LolS. This list is trash abeg, forget
forget that guy, he's deluded
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by Suspect33(m): 10:56pm On Nov 10, 2019
donoro:
We didn't even play our usual pressing game today shitty for chop 7 grin grin cheesy
we currently can't match city when it comes to pressing,
they're just more tactical, we got them on the counter rather, kudos to J. Kloop, man is a genius
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:12pm On Nov 10, 2019
Not a ball fan but after watching Leicester city match with Liverpool.. i see more of politics of football... same with this mancity... undecided
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by willian10: 11:16pm On Nov 10, 2019
Ekpekus:

Stop being subjective and be objective..
Watch football without sentiments and you will understand that VAR is ruining the game
No sir, technology is good, no one likes to be cheated, in as much as I like football in a traditional way, VAR is fine. It showed us clearly how the ball touched Bernardo’s hand before Trent’s.
Don’t blame VAR for City’s bad performance against Liverpool, Liverpool were clearly the better team.
Guardiola was the coach when Barca robbed Chelsea of 4 penalties in 2009 UCL semi final. It’s not Karma this time, but you n I are sure it wouldn’t have been like that if there’s VAR.
Liverpool outclassed City today, they were clearly the best

4 Likes

Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by Jonathan39: 11:17pm On Nov 10, 2019
Before valverde liverpool had played several times with barca I'm champions league and you know what? Liverpool progressed to next stage in all the meetings. You can check that on your phone
anonymous1759:

So only two teams make up the the laliga I wonder how Barca play Match week in week out. EPL fans are Really sick you talk carelessly I no blame you na Valverde the stupid Barca and the entire useless Board. If not who dash you 6 UCL after losing 3-0. I'm waiting for Liverpool after that useless coach might have gone them you'll see a Different Barca.
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by kprez(m): 11:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
Mustiboy:

Na Ajax, Bayern, and Liverpool be mate in terms of success both domestically and internationally.
lolz Liverpool 6 Barca 5 Liverpool>>> Barca=Bayern
corner taken quickly and it's origiiiiiii

4 Likes

Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by openmine(m): 11:25pm On Nov 10, 2019
IJEYdiamond:
Not a ball fan but after watching Leicester city match with Liverpool.. i see more of politics of football... same with this mancity... undecided
I really dont understand the 'politics' you are referring to?
Since you are not a soccer fan,its best you avail yourself with the soccer laws before hastily concluding!
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by FuckAllTheMODs: 11:51pm On Nov 10, 2019
marcjoe:
Man city think they are the only team that can play rough football... I love how liverpool handled them man to man as from 86min.. cheesy

Na that 93 minutes parking by VVD I like, I like has e take body that man city guy comot for road
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City - (3 - 1) On 10th November 2019 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 10, 2019
toluxe0075:
All these EPL referee are lucky they are plying their trade in England. If they try the rubbish they've been doing in EPL week in week out in Nigeria professional football league, many of them would have been dead or crippled. Especially Michael Oliver and Mike Dean.
atkinson too

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Wolves Vs Manchester City (3 - 2) On 26th December 2019 / Athletic Bilbao Vs Barcelona : Spanish Super Cup (4 - 0) On 14th August 2015 / Liverpool Vs Manchester City (4 - 3) On 14th January 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.