Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Van Der Vaart And Sneijder Begin Twitter Battle - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Van Der Vaart And Sneijder Begin Twitter Battle (1088 Views)

Rafael Van Der Vaart – Wesley Sneijder Is Okay For Manchester United / Manchester United Abandon Sneijder Pursuit For New Playmaker Transfer / Peter Cech Vs Van Der Sar? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Van Der Vaart And Sneijder Begin Twitter Battle by yousouph(m): 10:57am On Nov 02, 2010
Tottenham's Rafael van der Vaart and Inter Milan's Wesley Sneijder have already started their Champions League battle: off the pitch on Twitter.The two Dutchman, who are good friends and began their careers together at Ajax, have begun the banter with some amusing exchanges on the site, ahead of their clash at White Hart Lane on Tuesday.

Sneijder kicked off the battle with a message for Van der Vaart, who missed the first match through suspension, saying: "I'm cleaning the Champions League trophy with a Tottenham shirt." But Van der Vaart replied: "Thanks for cleaning it up for me. I'm already creating space in my cup cabinet."

Sneijder has since upped the ante, claiming: "We're gonna [sic] give you a football lesson in London." But Van der Vaart retorted: "I met your defence in Milan, it didn't look good. It was like cheese with holes in it."

Inter scored four goals in the first match and Sneijder used that fact for the next barb, joking: "I found a good goalkeeper on eBay. Shall I send you the link?" But Van der Vaart replied: "We don't need him, you won't come into our penalty area!"

Sneijder also mocked English football claiming it is all about power and athleticism not skill and technique and took the mickey out of Van der Vaart's goal from a few inches out against Everton.

He said: "In that country football is a game where you have to run as hard as you can from the one end of the pitch to the other, isn't it?, Nice goal, but even my six year old cousin would have scored this one."

And Van der Vaart responded: "These goals also count but at White Hart Lane agains
Re: Van Der Vaart And Sneijder Begin Twitter Battle by manmustwac(m): 12:10pm On Nov 02, 2010
Very nice topic. We'll see who wins the battle of the tweets tonight.
Re: Van Der Vaart And Sneijder Begin Twitter Battle by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 02, 2010
I can bet on it,that Spurs will triumph tonight
Re: Van Der Vaart And Sneijder Begin Twitter Battle by manmustwac(m): 2:20pm On Nov 02, 2010
MrPrsdent:

I can bet on it,that Spurs will triumph tonight
Thanks Mister President smiley
Re: Van Der Vaart And Sneijder Begin Twitter Battle by mykali(m): 2:28pm On Nov 02, 2010
Benitez will bring shame to Inter on English soil. My gut feels so. . .
Re: Van Der Vaart And Sneijder Begin Twitter Battle by FBS: 2:39pm On Nov 02, 2010
hehe!
Re: Van Der Vaart And Sneijder Begin Twitter Battle by yousouph(m): 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2010
A must watch of tonight's matches.
Re: Van Der Vaart And Sneijder Begin Twitter Battle by mykali(m): 9:47pm On Nov 02, 2010
Van Der Vaart already having the first laugh.
Re: Van Der Vaart And Sneijder Begin Twitter Battle by medjai(m): 11:05pm On Nov 02, 2010
pride comes before a fall
Re: Van Der Vaart And Sneijder Begin Twitter Battle by manmustwac(m): 11:21pm On Nov 02, 2010
mykali:

Benitez will bring shame to Inter on English soil. My gut feels so. . .
Your gut feeling was correct. Can you please tell me what your gut feeling will be for our game away to bolton on saturday? smiley
Re: Van Der Vaart And Sneijder Begin Twitter Battle by manmustwac(m): 11:23pm On Nov 02, 2010
yousouph:

A must watch of tonight's matches.
And it was a great game. Please keep us updated on the tweets. I love them. grin grin
Re: Van Der Vaart And Sneijder Begin Twitter Battle by mykali(m): 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2010
manmustwac:

Your gut feeling was correct. Can you please tell me what your gut feeling will be for our game away to bolton on saturday? smiley

grin grin grin . . .hey, i now have Octopus Paul's brains for guts enh??

(1) (Reply)

EURO 2012 Finals: Italy V Spain (01.07.2012) / Up Man U / European Supercup: Atletico Madrid Beat Chelsea 4 -1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.