Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Nigerian Youths Wake Up!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths Wake Up!!! (286 Views)

Yoruba Youths Wake Up Now Start Asking Obas/questions To Save Yorubas / YORUBA YOUTHS WAKE UP NOW WE CAN WE CAN MAKE OUR LAND TO BE GREATER AGAIN / YORUBA YOUTHS WAKE YP NOW,WE CAN MAKE YORUBA LAND GREAT LIKE UK EVEN BETTER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Youths Wake Up!!! by Darius4God(m): 10:05am On Sep 26, 2019
I have been going through some of Nairaland's posts and some of these posts are for fun. Fun is absolutely necessary especially when it is moderate. I began to think, why are we not disturbed by the present situation in this country? Many will say " No put this country wahala for your head". It is high time to mobilize fellow think-alike youths in order to liberate our unborn generation from this slavery. I think our political leaders are playing games on us. Wake up and see, it is glaring. When you make a man vulnerable, he has no option than to submit. The leaders have continuously made us vulnerable and hence they will always be in the helm of power. Our education system is in a state of miasmas. This I "think" was deliberate in order to incapacitate the youths. They know the system cannot produce quality students except for a few cases, that is why 80% of them send their children oversea for quality education.

What are the youths doing? I am seriously scared of the kind of youths we have. Not all though, but most have become docile. I will use some examples to drive home my point.

It was in this country that monkey, snake and even eagles swallowed millions of public fund and all we could do as youths was to make some jokes out of it? We cartoonized it, we laughed and it was hard to see some youths asking questions. No movement! That was why any animal can swallow money because nothing will happen. This we know was a joke. In this same country, we were told that rat ate the president's furniture and as usual, jokes and fun was made out of it. For such a statement, it is an absolute insult to our intelligence as Nigerians! WILL OUR UNBORN CHILDREN BE HAPPY WITH THE KIND OF FUTURE WE ARE CREATING FOR THEM? We joke too much in this country! We are gullible and vulnerable. We take in every garbage and sincerely, I may not be confident to vote for any young man for president. It is high time we wake up and rescue this land.

What is the way out? Change starts with YOU. If you have been opportune to travel to other countries even within Africa, you will see the difference. I was at Lagos Airport, the free things like the baggage cart were charged unlike Togo and Ghana international airport. You find people in Lagos airport expecting you to give them money because they greeted you " welcome sir". The change must start with you standing for justice. DONT BE GULLIBLE, QUESTION EVERYTHING ESPECIALLY FROM THE GOVERNMENT. Don't cause chaos in the course! DON'T SUPPORT CORRUPTION. Every time we say the government is corrupt; the government alone cannot carry out corruption. They need other corrupt people. Break the chain of corruption. Do not participate, aid, support or cover corruption even if it is from your family members (hard?)

Let us wake up and throw away all these tribalism and sectionalism. It all boils down to selfishness. A Yoruba man will support another Yoruba man whether right or wrong. Among Yorubas, he will prefer those from his state above other Yorubas from other states. In his state, he will prefer those that come from his local government. In his local government, he will embrace those from his hometown. In his hometown, he will prefer those from his family line. In his family line, he will prefer his nuclear family. In this nuclear family, he will prefer his favourite among the family members and lastly, he will choose himself. Let's stop this. Tribe or religion should not take away our common senses.

I am planning to start a movement "THINK NIGERIA" this will be for youths who are ready to change things not through fight or destruction but through integrity, right mind, patriotism and logical minds.

DariusJoseph
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up!!! by Darius4God(m): 10:30am On Sep 26, 2019
grin grin
I believe in few ones and that is where the hope is drawn from,
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up!!! by helinues: 10:32am On Sep 26, 2019
Nigerian youths are not only sleeping, they are already snoring approaching wonder lands

You better keep your movement to yourself except you have money to finance everything by yourself..

Average Nigerians are opportunists
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up!!! by Jetrue3oo: 10:38am On Sep 26, 2019
No comment
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up!!! by Darius4God(m): 10:42am On Sep 26, 2019
helinues:
Nigerian youths are not only sleeping, they are already snoring approaching wonder lands

You better keep your movement to yourself except you have money to finance everything by yourself..

Average Nigerians are opportunists

Snoring? grin But you are awake! And not every movement needs money. We cannot continue to fold our arms. We just need a team that can work together in order to orientate others and then change things. It may take some time but it will be fruitful
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up!!! by helinues: 10:49am On Sep 26, 2019
Darius4God:

Snoring? grin But you are awake! And not every movement needs money. We cannot continue to fold our arms. We just need a team that can work together in order to orientate others and then change things. It may take some time but it will be fruitful

Talking from experience brother.. Ever wonder why the unperforming governors win their reelections?
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up!!! by Darius4God(m): 10:58am On Sep 26, 2019
helinues:

Talking from experience brother.. Ever wonder why the unperforming governors win their reelections?

That is true. Unfortunately for us.
Re: Nigerian Youths Wake Up!!! by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
I doubt we even realize we are asleep
And there in lies the problem
Most times it takes a trip OUT of Nigeria to wake up
I doubt mad people realize they are in an asylum

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija: ‘why I Regret Supporting Tacha’ – Uche Maduagwu Reveals / God Bless President Buhari / Nigeria And Germany Sign €70million Northern Economy Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.