Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come (6293 Views)

“My Health Has Deteriorated” – Abba Kyari Says As Court Refuses To Release Him / Hushpuppi: We've Been Contacted By FBI To Arrest Kyari, Says EFCC / Fowler Replies Kyari, Says Recession, Oil Price Affected Tax Revenue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by vanunu: 1:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
Come to India and see electric keke and battery stations, foolish people e go soon clear for Una eyes.
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by MedicH: 1:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
alphaNomega:

Do you think a country like Nigeria can handle a nuclear reactor disaster? Chernobyl? Fukushima?

We are light years behind in energy efficiency, for faks sake we cannot even properly refine crude oil.

Because we don't want to
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by Emusan(m): 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
oogbiko:
I agree with him, despite the rise in other energy sources, the continuous demand for energy means fossil fuel will remain relevant well into early 2100s, the US knew this that was why there was an aggressive investment into Shale oil, but I predict that within the late 2000s to early 2100s a totally new, high capacity form and source of energy will be discovered that will totally eliminate and replace fossil fuels. That is the future Nigeria should be preparing for.

Meanwhile to better your energy chances, get a transformer today!

After you realize that there's a rise in other energy source you can still agree with him. undecided undecided undecided

There's a breakthrough in Li-on cell battery (the main storage medium for green energy) already, what they are trying to achieve now is extending it's life span because the current Li-on battery has a cycle of 3000 which means the battery will die off within 5-10years, but research is on going to replace the Graphite in current Li-on battery with Silicon, if this is achieved which will extend the Cycle to 10000, you'll see massive explosion in green energy that you haven't seen before.

Because with 10,000 cycle it means the battery can last more than 20years

Mind you, they have already seen the potential in Silicon to replace Graphite, which means btw now and 2025 the achievement will show face.
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by Tumbulum: 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
post=82582335:
This is coming from the experts in the oil industry.
How we wish we can experienced the Oil BOOM once again.
The BILLIONS of DOLLARS some corrupt politicians looted and stashed away at the time our country experienced the biggest and highest profit in the history of Nigeria.

PDP in Nigeria again?!
stop subscribing to trash coming from an old man who is privileged to become the boss in nnpc. Today they are hydrogen powered cars. The electric vehicles are gradually taking a foot hold in the international community. In ten years time,crude will only be relevant in Africa.
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by alphaNomega: 1:30pm On Sep 26, 2019
MedicH:

Because we don't want to

No. We cannot, even if you give us everything, Black people simply lack the capacity to be great.
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
delusion
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by lastempero: 1:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by salford1: 2:16pm On Sep 26, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:
Lol, PMB spoke in support of clean energy at the UN yesterday.

How come his brother is talking about Fossil fuel today.

The Fossil fuel in his backyard.
Confused people. Nigeria has only about 20 years of reserve left.
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by salford1: 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
Tumbulum:
stop subscribing to trash coming from an old man who is privileged to become the boss in nnpc. Today they are hydrogen powered cars. The electric vehicles are gradually taking a foot hold in the international community. In ten years time,crude will only be relevant in Africa.
True. My small city abroad of 15k people just got 3 electric vehicle charging station.
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by ajayiopy: 2:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by oogbiko(m): 2:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
MedicH:

How come you've never heard about nuclear energy?

Nuclear energy is old news... it did not replace fossil fuel in any way.
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by MedicH: 2:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
oogbiko:

Nuclear energy is old news... it did not replace fossil fuel in any way.

Norway is going to ban petrol cars by 2050 and only electric cars will ply their roads? How do you think they will run these new cars? With water? Wake up Africa. In decades to come, fossil fuel which is of course the biggest contributor to ozone layer depletion will phase out. Well only in nations in heaven.
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by oogbiko(m): 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
Emusan:

After you realize that there's a rise in other energy source you can still agree with him. undecided undecided undecided

There's a breakthrough in Li-on cell battery (the main storage medium for green energy) already, what they are trying to achieve now is extending it's life span because the current Li-on battery has a cycle of 3000 which means the battery will die off within 5-10years, but research is on going to replace the Graphite in current Li-on battery with Silicon, if this is achieved which will extend the Cycle to 10000, you'll see massive explosion in green energy that you haven't seen before.

Because with 10,000 cycle it means the battery can last more than 20years

Mind you, they have already seen the potential in Silicon to replace Graphite, which means btw now and 2025 the achievement will show face.

I am very abreast with the developments in battery technology, and you and I will agree it is centered on energy storage. What fossils represent the most are energy generation and that is where it holds sway in the industry, right now, there isn't any other energy generating means that is more productive... Back to the major points you raised about batteries lasting long, what you should note is that the longer it lasts the higher it requires energy for full charge, at best solar gives you 6 to 8 hours of peak charge, except there is going to be a great improvement in battery charging technology in such a way that it doesn't damage the batteries, then solar would not be the most reliable of sources, forget about wind and hydro, you will fall back to fossils.

the technological advancement I expect should be in generating energy. Someone raised Nuclear energy as a point, but the politics with nuclear energy and the volatility of not just the sector but the product means there might not be much of a development in that region... we are all still wary of a fully nuclear earth.

cc MedicH
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by oogbiko(m): 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
MedicH:

Norway is going to ban petrol cars by 2050 and only electric cars will ply their roads? How do you think they will run these new cars? With water? Wake up Africa. In decades to come, fossil fuel which is of course the biggest contributor to ozone layer depletion will phase out. Well only in nations in heaven.

If there was as much doom in fossils as you claim the US won't be investing billions in them, today the US is the highest exporter of crude oil and indeed petroleum products in the world. I am not saying the time it'll be extinct wont come, I am just saying it is not coming soon.

Norway is banning petrol cars in favor of electric cars, I agree. My question is, the electricity that will power those cars, where will it come from? Heaven?
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by asamaigho(m): 3:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
Sunofgod:
Foolishness.....with electric vehicles now taking a hold in the market.

Even they are trailing electric aeroplane's!

And then the issues with climate change which is evident worldwide being caused by fossil fuels?

Within 10 years due to a lack of demand and cost of extraction there will be no oil leaving Nigeria!

As for the Indian army I'm not sure why your there - but 'creek warfare' is not for the faint hearted.

dats not true even electric cars started before fossil fuel driven cars.
fossil fuel will be very relevant in 100s of years to come.
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by asamaigho(m): 3:30pm On Sep 26, 2019
Heyzee5:
All this funny mallams! How can you utter this kind of statement in a world gravitating towards clean energy. He just made a joke of himself and Nigeria........smh sad

d so called clean energy is a huge joke.
its too expensive and inefficient.
do u know how long it takes to charge an electric car?
bro nobody can wait 6hrs for dat long just for one car to leave queu.
maybe in 200yrs time it may be feasible. who knows,
but certainly not in 50yr time.
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by asamaigho(m): 3:31pm On Sep 26, 2019
MedicH:

How come you've never heard about nuclear energy?

for cars?

we havent ooo.
abeg tell us.
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by Legendguru: 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by Ahijobuzuzu(m): 5:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
Same thing was said about horse & cart before the advent of cars.

1 Like

Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by godquality: 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ofc it will remain relevant. But revenue will drop drastically in years to come because most advance countries are already moving away from combustions engines. In a few years time, we shall be producing more than the world need which will in turn makes the price to drop as well.
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by Emusan(m): 6:02pm On Sep 26, 2019
oogbiko:

I am very abreast with the developments in battery technology, and you and I will agree it is centered on energy storage. What fossils represent the most are energy generation and that is where it holds sway in the industry, right now, there isn't any other energy generating means that is more productive... Back to the major points you raised about batteries lasting long, what you should note is that the longer it lasts the higher it requires energy for full charge, at best solar gives you 6 to 8 hours of peak charge, except there is going to be a great improvement in battery charging technology in such a way that it doesn't damage the batteries, then solar would not be the most reliable of sources, forget about wind and hydro, you will fall back to fossils.

the technological advancement I expect should be in generating energy. Someone raised Nuclear energy as a point, but the politics with nuclear energy and the volatility of not just the sector but the product means there might not be much of a development in that region... we are all still wary of a fully nuclear earth.

cc MedicH

@bolden part is the main emphasis here!

Trust me, their is a serious research about fast charging.

Wait until next year when 5G network is rolled out in full capacity and you'll the face of these hidden technologics surfacing one after the other.
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by joe4christ(m): 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
alphaNomega:
I agree with Kyari, fossil fuels remain the lifeblood of the global economy. It is not going anywhere in the next 100 years

You also lack vision. E go soon do you like film!
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by alphaNomega: 6:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
joe4christ:

You also lack vision. E go soon do you like film!

Even if you are alive for the next 200 years, the world will continue to burn fossil fuels for energy. What could would change is the technology and regulations, but I bet my bottom dollar even coal will still be in use. For faks sake many industrialized nations burn coal today.
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by joe4christ(m): 7:20pm On Sep 26, 2019
alphaNomega:

Even if you are alive for the next 200 years, the world will continue to burn fossil fuels for energy. What could would change is the technology and regulations, but I bet my bottom dollar even coal will still be in use. For faks sake many industrialized nations burn coal today.

Next time be more specific with your words. You meant Africa and not the world i guess. Cos the last time i checked, africa is the dump site for outdated and toxic inventions.

Cos saner climes (world government) are aware of the consequence of continue usage of fossil fuel due to its adverse effect on our ozone layer. If the world dont tackle this now, there wont be a planet to call our own. Most definitely Africa will be last to key in to the electric powered means of transportation. But the world government will have no choice but to try help Africa to key in. Not as if they'll be left with any other option sef!

It will become more clearer to you in the next 10yrs from now!
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by MedicH: 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2019
asamaigho:

for cars?

we havent ooo.
abeg tell us.

Oh come on you must be joking. In Germany today you see buses like Lagos Brt buses OK they have this antenna on top of the bus that connect to high tension wire. As these buses are moving on the road the antenna is steadily connected to this high tension and the high tension is from nuclear power stations which is charging the bus as it's moving.

Black people are unfortunate in this life. Always unfortunate. Google today has over 1000 staffs working in their company in u s and as part of their go green initiative, the staffs working for Google all have electric cars as official cars and the garage where they pack is covered with a solar panel which provides electric current that charges these vehicles.

Only a man in black skin believes fossil fuel is irreplaceable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by MedicH: 7:27pm On Sep 26, 2019
oogbiko:

If there was as much doom in fossils as you claim the US won't be investing billions in them, today the US is the highest exporter of crude oil and indeed petroleum products in the world. I am not saying the time it'll be extinct wont come, I am just saying it is not coming soon.

Norway is banning petrol cars in favor of electric cars, I agree. My question is, the electricity that will power those cars, where will it come from? Heaven?

From nuclear energy young man can't you see it.

A single kilogram of uranium can power the whole of new York city for 24 hrs. Pls how many litres of fuel or diesel can power new york in 24 hrs.
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by MedicH: 7:29pm On Sep 26, 2019
alphaNomega:

After 2050 it will be an offence punishable by law to drive a petrol powered car in Norway. Wake up Africa
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by asamaigho(m): 8:07pm On Sep 26, 2019
MedicH:

Oh come on you must be joking. In Germany today you see buses like Lagos Brt buses OK they have this antenna on top of the bus that connect to high tension wire. As these buses are moving on the road the antenna is steadily connected to this high tension and the high tension is from nuclear power stations which is charging the bus as it's moving.

Black people are unfortunate in this life. Always unfortunate. Google today has over 1000 staffs working in their company in u s and as part of their go green initiative, the staffs working for Google all have electric cars as official cars and the garage where they pack is covered with a solar panel which provides electric current that charges these vehicles.

Only a man in black skin believes fossil fuel is irreplaceable.

very laffable....dont confuse amusemnt park facilities to d real everyday life bro.
even d usa has coal as its major source of energy...dont let dem propagandist deceive u.

even electric car pollution is heavily more toxic than organic fossil.
disposing lithium-ion into the environment i just to terrible..
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by MedicH: 8:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
asamaigho:

very laffable....dont confuse amusemnt park facilities to d real everyday life bro.
even d usa has coal as its major source of energy...dont let dem propagandist deceive u.

even electric car pollution is heavily more toxic than organic fossil.

disposing lithium-ion into the environment i just to terrible..

Pls I no de talk about amusement park. Pls again learn electric cars have zero emission, they dont even have a combustion engine juat some circuitry like a laptop. OK bye
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by alphaNomega: 7:22am On Sep 27, 2019
joe4christ:

Next time be more specific with your words. You meant Africa and not the world i guess. Cos the last time i checked, africa is the dump site for outdated and toxic inventions.

Cos saner climes (world government) are aware of the consequence of continue usage of fossil fuel due to its adverse effect on our ozone layer. If the world dont tackle this now, there wont be a planet to call our own. Most definitely Africa will be last to key in to the electric powered means of transportation. But the world government will have no choice but to try help Africa to key in. Not as if they'll be left with any other option sef!

It will become more clearer to you in the next 10yrs from now!

I've been hearing this gist for more than 10 years ago and fossil fuel consumption technology keeps getting better.
Re: Nnpc’s Kyari Says Fossil Fuel To Remain Relevant Decades To Come by oogbiko(m): 8:38am On Sep 27, 2019
MedicH:

From nuclear energy young man can't you see it.

A single kilogram of uranium can power the whole of new York city for 24 hrs. Pls how many litres of fuel or diesel can power new york in 24 hrs.

I think you missed my earlier post where I made mention of Nuclear energy. Nuclear energy is guided territory, basically, the UN doesn't want anyone developing nuclear energy for whatever reason, because of the ease and high tendency of weaponizing it. Imagine a world where countries like Nigeria, Afghanistan, Iran... unstable countries have easy access to nuclear energy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

North And South Of Nigeria Are Inseparable - Bakare / How Big Is Onitsha Market ??? / Field survey of slum Prevalence In Nigerian Cities-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.