Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,797 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees (3313 Views)

Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East / "I Will Hit The Ground Running" - APC National Chairman, Ganduje / The Inconsistency Of The Yorubas In Politics Over The Years! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees by Tabithatim: 12:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
…As three-day retreat commences

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, on Thursday, declared open the three-day retreat for the newly sworn in Commissioners and Advisers, charging them to hit the ground running and raise their performance bar towards the full actualization of the state government’s policies and programmes.

Gov. Ugwuanyi, who reiterated his administration’s commitment to continue to advance good governance in the state through honest, accountable governance and optimal service delivery, also charged the new appointees to “at all times show this sensitivity in the conduct of government business”.

The governor disclosed that the essence of the retreat was to share the policy directions of his administration, facilitate the appointees’ understanding of governance processes, secure their buy-in and build consensus on the state government’s mission to continue to alleviate the sufferings of the people, saying: “Ndi Enugu expect nothing less from us”.

Declaring that “the season of politics is over”, Gov. Ugwuanyi noted that “under my watch, the governance mode is fully activated” and “our oath of office is to serve to the best of our ability and give fair and equitable treatment to all manner of persons irrespective of one’s partisan interests, fashions and propensities. Therefore, this administration will not tolerate undue politicking”.

The governor, who re-emphasized his administration’s sense of urgency to deliver on its mandate within a short time, disclosed that it has assembled very competent resource persons who are well schooled in public sector management and governance issues to facilitate the policy and governance dialogue.

According to him, “you will be assigned portfolios at the close of the retreat and thereafter we expect you to hit the ground running while fully utilizing the sectoral ad-hoc committees’ overarching and sector-specific recommendations which constitute our strategic architecture for transformative governance.

“I recognize the inalienable rights of individuals to avail themselves the political process, but persons who are so inspired will have an opportunity to step aside and further their aspiration by half-time of this tenure during which we will inevitably reshuffle and rejig our administration. It is therefore my expectation that you will be guided appropriately.

“I enjoin you to maximize the benefits of this retreat by fully applying yourselves to the tasks ahead. I charge all of you to work as a team and to complement rather than compete with one another.

“I thank the team led by Prof. Chidi Onyia and other resource persons from our foremost Development Partner, UK-DFID, for their abiding support and solidarity”.

The three-day retreat will end on Saturday, September 28.

https://thepunditng.com/season-of-politics-over-hit-the-ground-running-ugwuanyi-tells-new-appointees/

Re: Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees by TheAngry1: 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
'Hit the ground running' from a man who took almost 6 months to name his commissioners. Lol.

We joke too much in this country.

5 Likes

Re: Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees by money121(m): 2:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ok
Re: Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees by Fhemmmy: 2:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
Lol, in a country where most appointed officials have no clue what is even expected of them nor know the meaning of their portfolios . . . tongue

2 Likes

Re: Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2019
Same old stories.
Re: Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2019
Same old stories
Re: Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees by Dottore: 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ok
Re: Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees by AkuStephen: 2:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
smiley
Re: Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 2:16pm On Sep 26, 2019
Worst governor in south east

2 Likes

Re: Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees by freeman81: 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
f
Re: Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees by Legendguru: 4:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
Oh
Re: Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees by BonPatrick(m): 4:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
Useless governor

2 Likes

Re: Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees by important170: 5:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
BonPatrick:
Useless governor
you that is useful, of what important have you been to your mother that laboured for nine months just to bring you out of this world not to talk of your family or your community. you are supposed to talk maturely but instead you are a abusing a sitting governor and a senator awaiting. bros make out time to think about your own life
Re: Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees by Ejiphill09(m): 6:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
important170:
you that is useful, of what important have you been to your mother that laboured for nine months just to bring you out of this world not to talk of your family or your community. you are supposed to talk maturely but instead you are a abusing a sitting governor and a senator awaiting. bros make out time to think about your own life

It's a shame that you just sat down and wrote this rubbish. Don't be unfortunate. Gov Ugwuanyi is a useless governor take it or leave. If you needs facts to prove he is very useless tellme and I will help you. I could have said worst Governor in South East but he can't take it away from Abia state Governor.
Re: Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees by Sammye(m): 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
TheAngry1:
'Hit the ground running' from a man who took almost 6 months to name his commissioners. Lol.

We joke too much in this country.
And to even think he didn't over haul his previous cabinet. Am disappointed
Re: Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees by important170: 8:53pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ejiphill09:

It's a shame that you just sat down and wrote this rubbish. Don't be unfortunate. Gov Ugwuanyi is a useless governor take it or leave. If you needs facts to prove he is very useless tellme and I will help you. I could have said worst Governor in South East but he can't take it away from Abia state Governor.
give me reasons that made him useless and I will give you reasons that made you useful in your fathers sithole. have you ever contested any elected position in your life..? what and what do you know in enugu state politics..? where are you when he contested as a governor of enugu state and won earlier this year. why didn't you contest against him so as to show the whole world how useful you are. we all have dignity,respect and deserve not to be abuse. we pray your leaders because they are human beings.
Re: Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees by Ejiphill09(m): 9:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
important170:
give me reasons that made him useless and I will give you reasons that made you useful in your fathers sithole. have you ever contested any elected position in your life..? what and what do you know in enugu state politics..? where are you when he contested as a governor of enugu state and won earlier this year. why didn't you contest against him so as to show the whole world how useful you are. we all have dignity,respect and deserve not to be abuse. we pray your leaders because they are human beings.

You are a low life.
Re: Season Of Politics Over, Hit The Ground Running, Ugwuanyi Tells New Appointees by important170: 10:51pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ejiphill09:

You are a low life.
see person referring to someone as low life. I can see you are idle, please go find something doing with your life. go get a life joor.

(1) (Reply)

The End Of The Global Lockdown Will Begin In Africa / How FG Will Ease Covid-19 Restrictions In 5 Phases From May 18th To 10th August. / See Pictures Of The Classroom Block Peter Obi Rebuilt In Bende LGA, Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.