Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East (7103 Views)

Think Enugu For Business Investments, Ugwuanyi Tells Investors / Buhari Has Plans For Additional State In South East, Obiano Tells Ndigbo / IPOB Disowns Sit-at-home Order, Tells Ndigbo To Ignore Chika Edoziem Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by Estello: 9:41pm On Aug 17, 2023
Igbo investors have been advised to emulate the concept of Maduka University, Ekwegbe-Nsukka in Enugu State to develop Igbo land.

Dr Dele Maxwell Ugwuanyi stated this on Wednesday during a radio programme in Enugu, which was monitored by our correspondent.

Maduka University is an entrepreneurial-based university founded by business mogul Chief Samuel Maduka Onyishi, chairman, Peace Group.

Dr Ugwuanyi said, “Maduka University will benefit the people of the South East primarily. It is a magnificent investment that will outlive the owner. It will create jobs, generate ideas for transformation, and also empower many people who will do petty businesses there. It is also a research centre. It is the first private university in the South East with the capacity of Harvard, Oxford universities.

“You can only find such in South-West Nigeria because they understand how to develop their homes. Afe Babalola University and Adeleke universities are examples. They are world-class. I know that Ekiti government built roads leading to Afe Babalola University just to encourage the venture. Can we say the same in South East?”

A development researcher, Dr Chukwuma Okoli, who spoke at the event, tasked states in the South East to encourage local investors through favourable policies and building of infrastructure.

In his words, “Our people should think towards establishing businesses that will outlive them. They should bring in investors probably as shareholders to sustain such businesses forever. With the support of the government, such ventures will have huge multiplier effects.

“It is a pity that South-East states, except Anambra, were very low rated in the 2023 Ease of Doing Business ratings. Governments should do well by thinking towards encouraging the private sector if they want to make the ‘aku ruo uno’ dreams of Ndigbo realistic.”
https://thewhistler.ng/build-industries-at-home-not-palatial-residences-south-east-billionaires-urged/amp/

7 Likes

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by ayodaisi: 4:32am On Aug 18, 2023
No! until we finished develop South West

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by YeyeGbami: 4:34am On Aug 18, 2023
OK
Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by clems88(m): 4:36am On Aug 18, 2023
Better ! Everyone should develope their region

22 Likes

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by ican2020: 4:37am On Aug 18, 2023
Good advice I hope they listen and do something about it fast

18 Likes

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by Dshocker(m): 4:37am On Aug 18, 2023
A welcomed development

1 Like

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by DenreleDave(m): 4:37am On Aug 18, 2023
ican2020:
Go advice I hope they listen and do something about it fast

Not bad..

Mr Ican, where can I get Ican foundation free tutorial?
I don't have money for lesson cry cry cry cry cry
Just two papers

2 Likes

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by totit: 4:42am On Aug 18, 2023
grin
Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by wpadmin: 4:44am On Aug 18, 2023
When they say invest in the South East, Ebuka went to buy land in the South East, built a 3 bedroom apartment on it.

That's great but the problem is;

Ebuka did not live in that house.

He was doing business in Lagos, his children attended primary, secondary and University education in Lagos.

When his children graduated from the University, two traveled to Canada and one continued working in Lagos.

At the age of 75 when Ebuka could no longer work, Ebuka retired to his house in the village. Ebuka gave Lagos his best years and only went to the South East to retire.

Ebuka did not invest in the South East.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by CooldipoMPS: 4:45am On Aug 18, 2023
reasonable
Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by enochogaga(m): 4:53am On Aug 18, 2023
Investor's are afraid of Monday sit at home might destroy their investment or unknown gunmen might burn down their property.

16 Likes

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by ATEAMS: 4:55am On Aug 18, 2023
Thoughtful
Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by seachmatics(m): 4:58am On Aug 18, 2023
South-eastern leaders/politicians should make their states a comfortable place for investment. Just like humans, Investment needs security to to be sustained. Onye ulo ya n'agba oku anaghi achu oke.

3 Likes

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by nautybride: 5:01am On Aug 18, 2023
Nigeria is F.Up. it's not only your region that needs these investment. All regions do. Stop importing! Patronize Nigerian made; but no conducive environment and parameters for Nigerian made products cry

A pity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by Nobody: 5:01am On Aug 18, 2023
The day Igbo realizes they are the weakest link in Nigeria is the day they are delivered. Just like everyone has noticed, they have almost abandoned their region and focused on developing other regions. Why? Something is wrong with them.

We don't practice state of residence but state of origin in Nigeria. I can count up to 25 or more Igbos in my secondary school who are my mates out of 50 in Lagos State. The last time we got together, about 15 out of these people have been to their state of origin for a max of 3 days or did not bother to go. Yet, they comfortably fill their SE states as their origins in all their documents, but they know nothing about the place. And they go online shouting Igbo men should be president every time.

Many of them left Nigeria and did not return, but they go online causing wahala. They even make their children born abroad who have not visited Nigeria think every other person hates Igbo. But these people abandoned their places and they aren't still ready to return. Why?

To date, I do not understand the reason. They are the only region that thinks they must be the president because they deserve it. Did the other regions think they deserve it or contest? Lol. They want to be the president only during elections, but either want Biaf4a nation or a military takeover after losing elections. Tell me, who will want to put your kind of people in charge of the affairs of the nation?

It baffles me how those who claim to be Igbo that are not born in Nigeria support the useless ones at home.

The Igbo I know are good people, but when they refuse to fight bad people among them, do they expect others just give Igbo the presidency? Igbo caused war because of greediness and they are still. Who will ever allow such kind of people to rule over them?

Let Igbo think it through well. Let the good ones among them do something. I don't see any Igbo becoming the president of Nigeria in the next 20 years, and it can easily be extended to the next 100 years.

The best for Igbo is to find a way to create their nation if they are not ready to contest elections fairly, but they should do it without violence. Let them go and try it. This is my prayer for them, and let us see what will become of the Biafra nation. We will see how they will use the oil they always talk about when they aren't the majority of oil owners in Nigeria. They have forgotten about agriculture entirely.

I dont understand it....they abandoned their region, and live in other regions, and they are shouting that they want Biafra nation. Are they normal? So, if they create Biafra nation, do they still expect to live freely the way they live in other regions enjoying subsidies and other free supports? If their hosts chase them out of their places after having Biafra, what will they do?

Oh...I forgot...they always think they are entitled to everything. Oh....they will carry placards and go online saying they hate Igbos. Lol. Yes, they can have Biafra nation and still dominate other regions na.... Lol. Oh...they can even conquer other regions they occupy now since they thibk they are the ones building the regions. Very foolish way of acting. How can you leave your region and say you build other regions. Lol.

Seriously, the Igbo would drive themselves into extinction cos of their greediness. Greed is bad. How can they be too money conscious and abandon their states? It doesn't make sense.

They will soon attack me because of this post. The truth is very bitter.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by Chiedu4Trump: 5:06am On Aug 18, 2023
enochogaga:
Investor's are afraid of Monday sit at home might destroy their investment or unknown gunmen might burn down their property.
Is that your business?
Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by Yankee101: 5:08am On Aug 18, 2023
No space
No land
Plus igbos are well spread across nigeria, they can’t make that much money serving the south east alone

6 Likes

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by enochogaga(m): 5:14am On Aug 18, 2023
Chiedu4Trump:

Is that your business?

Na ur papa business

3 Likes

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by AfonjaConehead: 5:16am On Aug 18, 2023
Maxwell Uguanyi passes message to his Igbo brethren but deeply concerned self appointed agbadorian ministers of Igbo affairs and Iragbiji based coneheaded structured mining industrialists rush come forward grin grin

See them vvv
wpadmin:
When they say invest in the South East, Ebuka went to buy land in the South East, built a 3 bedroom apartment on it.

He was doing business in Lagos, his children attended primary, secondary and University education in Lagos.

When his children graduated from the University, two traveled to Canada and one continued working in Lagos.

At the age of 75 when Ebuka could no longer work, Ebuka retired to his house in the village. Ebuka gave Lagos his best years and only went to the South East to retire.

totit:
grin
clems88:
Better ! Everyone should develope their region
ayodaisi:
raskymonojendor:

grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by raskymonojendor: 5:18am On Aug 18, 2023
A good message to the developers.

5 Likes

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by raskymonojendor: 5:19am On Aug 18, 2023
ayodaisi:
grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by raskymonojendor: 5:20am On Aug 18, 2023
wpadmin:

And Ebuka's daughters end up marrying Yorubas demons wink

12 Likes

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by mrvitalis(m): 5:20am On Aug 18, 2023
wpadmin:

what's wrong with retiring in the east?
Investing in the east is not same as building in your village...

That's rental property build it in the east
That plaza build it in the east

The idea is worth and do business where ever but send your profit to Igbo land... Your capital or any of the 6 Igbo capitals ( since ikwerre say they are no longer Igbo)

The idea is to produce in the east and sale to Africa not just Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by Tzar(m): 5:37am On Aug 18, 2023
Excellent advice. They should invest and live in the SE. With increased population, they can demand for an extra state, allocation and political positions which they will then deserve. But when they all decide to run to Lagos and other states they indirectly add to the disadvantages the SE gets.

7 Likes

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by M4A1carbine: 5:54am On Aug 18, 2023
See Tinubu supporter asking for free papers but you foolishly support same people that will make those papers not free?

@ican2020 don't give him any advice, let him go to Burdillion and shout Mandate..papers will fall from heaven... Nonsense

DenreleDave:

Not bad..

Mr Ican, where can I get Ican foundation free tutorial?
I don't have money for lesson cry cry cry cry cry
Just two papers

3 Likes

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by Antiurchins: 5:54am On Aug 18, 2023
Simon ekperima is the reason the Eastern region will never develop they are killing their economy by themselves. Tell which investor will want to come to the east and invest in this sit @ home stuff
I better remain where I go and come back peacefully without any harassment

may God give the soldiers victory to deal with those miscreants
Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by M4A1carbine: 5:56am On Aug 18, 2023
The Northerners are everywhere
Other tribes are everywhere
Yoruba are also everywhere (in small groups)

but na IGBO be your wahala...

IGBOs are too much abeg...

Tzar:
Excellent advice. They should invest and live in the SE. With increased population, they can demand for an extra state, allocation and political positions which they will then deserve. But when they all decide to run to Lagos and other states they indirectly add to the disadvantages the SE gets.

3 Likes

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by M4A1carbine: 5:59am On Aug 18, 2023
Yoruba demons...I like that.

It's good you understand that Yoruba a descendants of demons. grin

raskymonojendor:

And Ebuka's daughters end up marrying Yorubas demons wink
Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by wpadmin: 6:05am On Aug 18, 2023
mrvitalis:
what's wrong with retiring in the east?
Investing in the east is not same as building in your village...

That's rental property build it in the east
That plaza build it in the east

The idea is worth and do business where ever but send your profit to Igbo land... Your capital or any of the 6 Igbo capitals ( since ikwerre say they are no longer Igbo)

The idea is to produce in the east and sale to Africa not just Nigeria

Exactly my point.

Work anywhere you want but send your profits and open businesses in the east.

When some Igbos hear invest in the east, the first thing they think of is building a house, not for rent but a house they will live in when they visit.

I was just pointing out that it's not a good strategy.

5 Likes

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by wpadmin: 6:08am On Aug 18, 2023
Yankee101:
No space
No land
Plus igbos are well spread across nigeria, they can’t make that much money serving the south east alone

No space keh? You mean everywhere in the South East is developed and there is no space for extra development?

What is on the land that is available?

4 Likes

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by Agugbadin: 6:12am On Aug 18, 2023
Advertising Maduka University, why did he not talk about Reverend Father Ede a pioneer Educationists in South East from the time of Osisatech to Madonna University.

1 Like

Re: Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East by doming0: 6:13am On Aug 18, 2023
Favorisieren:
The day Igbo realizes they are the weakest link in Nigeria is the day they are delivered. Just like everyone has noticed, they have almost abandoned their region and focused on developing other regions. Why? Something is wrong with them.

We don't practice state of residence but state of origin in Nigeria. I can count up to 25 or more Igbos in my secondary school who are my mates out of 50 in Lagos State. The last time we got together, about 15 out of these people have been to their state of origin for a max of 3 days or did not bother to go. Yet, they comfortably fill their SE states as their origins in all their documents, but they know nothing about the place. And they go online shouting Igbo men should be president every time.

Many of them left Nigeria and did not return, but they go online causing wahala. They even make their children born abroad who have not visited Nigeria think every other person hates Igbo. But these people abandoned their places and they aren't still ready to return. Why?

To date, I do not understand the reason. They are the only region that thinks they must be the president because they deserve it. Did the other regions think they deserve it or contest? Lol. They want to be the president only during elections, but either want Biaf4a nation or a military takeover after losing elections. Tell me, who will want to put your kind of people in charge of the affairs of the nation?

It baffles me how those who claim to be Igbo that are not born in Nigeria support the useless ones at home.

The Igbo I know are good people, but when they refuse to fight bad people among them, do they expect others just give Igbo the presidency? Igbo caused war because of greediness and they are still. Who will ever allow such kind of people to rule over them?

Let Igbo think it through well. Let the good ones among them do something. I don't see any Igbo becoming the president of Nigeria in the next 20 years, and it can easily be extended to the next 100 years.

The best for Igbo is to find a way to create their nation if they are not ready to contest elections fairly, but they should do it without violence. Let them go and try it. This is my prayer for them, and let us see what will become of the Biafra nation. We will see how they will use the oil they always talk about when they aren't the majority of oil owners in Nigeria. They have forgotten about agriculture entirely.

I dont understand it....they abandoned their region, and live in other regions, and they are shouting that they want Biafra nation. Are they normal? So, if they create Biafra nation, do they still expect to live freely the way they live in other regions enjoying subsidies and other free supports? If their hosts chase them out of their places after having Biafra, what will they do?

Oh...I forgot...they always think they are entitled to everything. Oh....they will carry placards and go online saying they hate Igbos. Lol. Yes, they can have Biafra nation and still dominate other regions na.... Lol. Oh...they can even conquer other regions they occupy now since they thibk they are the ones building the regions. Very foolish way of acting. How can you leave your region and say you build other regions. Lol.

Seriously, the Igbo would drive themselves into extinction cos of their greediness. Greed is bad. How can they be too money conscious and abandon their states? It doesn't make sense.

They will soon attack me because of this post. The truth is very bitter.
we will only attack you for writing greediness instead of Greed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obi's Credentials Have Always Been In The Open - LP / Protest In Netherland Over Boko Haram / How Is PHCN Doing In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.