Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

How To Board A Flight As A First Time International Traveler - Travel Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Ads / How To Board A Flight As A First Time International Traveler (1009 Views)

Pls How To Book A Flight Online? Or Tips To Book A Flight?? / Flight Fare Enquiry To Any Destination Of Your Choice / Cost Of Flight Fares From Nigeria To Other Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Board A Flight As A First Time International Traveler by Jamespet: 7:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
I have come to realize that a lot of first time travelers take this question; "HOW TO TRAVEL" for granted, and sometimes, they end up missing their flights or end up spending extra money to reschedule flights.

The first time I traveled on an international flight alone, I was so confused, anxious, and unprepared that I almost ended up missing my flight. Unfortunately for me, I was going on a vacation and it was all planned by me, yea I wanted to be the perfect solo traveler.

But please, if you have no prior travel experience, of course you don't that's why you are reading this piece, please do contact a reliable travel agent to help plan your trip or travel in group. I know you can ask friends or do a research like you are doing now, but the truth is; every first time traveler has a unique travel experience as a first timer.

Now let us get to business, I am sure you have your visa already, the next thing to do is to ensure you have your flight and Hotel booked. After sorting your flight ticket and hotel reservaton, you are pretty much ready to tell your own first time traveling experience. But let me walk you through the process you are likely to go through.

TIPS/PROCESS TO FOLLOW FOR FIRST TIME TRAVELERS

1. Relax, take a deep breath and be composed.

2. Prepare your travel documents a week before your departure. This is to ensure you do not forget anything you need for your trip. Gather your passport, visa support documents, hotel reservation document, flight ticket and most importantly your basic traveling allowance.

3. Pack only the stuffs you need, ensure you travel lightly so as to save yourself the stress of disposing off luggage that do not comply with luggage specifications of the airline you are traveling on. I repeat, ensure your luggage do not exceed weight limits, if possible travel with a carry-on baggage only.

4. Make sure you arrive at the airport 3 hours before your departure time. You need to arrive early because you would have to go through security checks, thereafter you have to check-in at the airline desk. After check-in this is the perfect opportunity to change your currency to that of the country you are visiting.

5. It is almost time to board after check-in, the next is to go through airport security, thereafter immigration and drug law enforcement officers.

6. Proceed to your gate after going through immigration checks, when you approach the gate you would be greeted by a beautiful flight attendant. Show them your flight ticket and then get your boarding pass.

7. Board the plane like a boss after getting your boarding pass. Please, listen to the safety tips before take-off and ensure your luggage is properly kept under your seat or properly placed on the overhead bin.

8. Don't be shy, eat the foods and drinks given to you. You paid for it already, demand more if you are not full, they either oblige you or say no.

By the way, never forget your debit or credit card.

http://www.wakaways..com/2019/08/how-to-board-flight-as-first-time.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: How To Board A Flight As A First Time International Traveler by ehirosplusbiz(m): 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
Your post make sense pls make Fp

4 Likes

Re: How To Board A Flight As A First Time International Traveler by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
Amazing post!
Pls what about first time fliers with phobia for airplane grin
Re: How To Board A Flight As A First Time International Traveler by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
ehirosplusbiz:
Your post make sense pls make Fp

Lalasticlala sef
Re: How To Board A Flight As A First Time International Traveler by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 26, 2019
Amuatulu:

Lalasticlala sef
Only you post, only you take second to comment and even the next one...na wetin

Most important sit near a beautiful lady with solid bobbies. When turbulence start those bobbies dey useful as shock absorbers and stress pillows if you Sabi your game.

1 Like

Re: How To Board A Flight As A First Time International Traveler by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
Shibaraba:

Only you post, only you take second to comment and even the next one...na wetin

grin grin grin cheesy
Re: How To Board A Flight As A First Time International Traveler by majamajic(m): 8:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
very important rule 1 is change some Naira notes into 500s , drop as required
to avoid threats like ' it's like u wan miss your flight !!
'

1 Like

Re: How To Board A Flight As A First Time International Traveler by greatmarshall(m): 8:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
Nice one
Re: How To Board A Flight As A First Time International Traveler by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
majamajic:
very important rule 1 is change some Naira notes into 500s , drop as required

to avoid threats like ' it's like u wan miss your flight !!

'

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A Reasonably Cheap Hotel For About 3k Per Night Nin Benin City. / Help:how To Get To Uturu(abia State University) From Lagos By Bus / Low Price Hotels In Wuse, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.