Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC (3647 Views)

Adamu Garba Reacts To Dead Lawmaker Being Elected In US Election (photo) / Updated: Governors Elected In 2019 Election (full List so far) / Governors Elected In 2019 Election (complete List So Far) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by opportunes: 5:22am On Sep 27, 2019
Only 62 women won elective positions in the 2019 general elections, Deputy Director and Head of Gender Division, Independent National and Electoral Commission, Blessing Obidegwu, diclosed. She disclosed this in Abuja yesterday at a 2-day workshop supported by the European Centre for Electoral Support, ECES, meant to review the 2019 general elections from a gender perspective. She said that at all levels of governance, representation of women in Nigeria fell short of the gender policy benchmark of 35 percent. The representative of ECES, Senior Project Manager, Sylvestre Somo, noted that effective and proportionate participation of women in the electoral process constitutes a cardinal principle of “a virile and inclusive democracy”.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/only-62-women-elected-in-2019-inec.html
Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by ekestic1976(f): 5:44am On Sep 27, 2019
God help our Democracy. Perhaps the time has come to find answer to the question why the female gender is so marginalised in our polity. Our largest population base must be accorded commensurate representation at all levels of governance.

It's like winning a Sweepstake being FTC. What other proof does a man need to know that it's going to be a great day?

1 Like

Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by BOOOMNAIJA: 5:45am On Sep 27, 2019
WHICH ONE BE "ONLY"?....

IS 62 NOT ENOUGH?

8 Likes

Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by greatiyk4u(m): 5:45am On Sep 27, 2019
Really
Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by rentAcock(m): 5:47am On Sep 27, 2019
Diversity and equality is good but it shouldn't be forced down our throats. Let the voters decide and let the best person win.

7 Likes

Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by 9jayes: 5:48am On Sep 27, 2019
BOOOMNAIJA:
WHICH ONE BE "ONLY"?....

IS 62 NOT ENOUGH?

62 out of 100,000 enough?

1 Like

Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by Switruth: 5:49am On Sep 27, 2019
INEC incompetence is second to none.

1 Like

Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by dryakson(m): 5:49am On Sep 27, 2019
Is a good number
Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by wilcox(m): 5:54am On Sep 27, 2019
Very poor compared to the total number of elective position we have in the country.

In this case I find it difficult to know who to blame. But I think is the fault of our 2 major political party that has not found it necessary to apportion a certain percentage to the female folks so to speak.

5 Likes

Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by Felixtuta(m): 5:54am On Sep 27, 2019
INEC, that can not count properly. angry
Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by gazza07(m): 6:20am On Sep 27, 2019
Ok.. 62 na only? Sharrrrap and enter za oza room!

1 Like

Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by malanado: 6:31am On Sep 27, 2019
only if they will want to do more Nigeria women don't want to work, they want to be given things ( slay mamas, runs girls, and house wife's)

1 Like

Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by Gten(m): 6:46am On Sep 27, 2019
Women are their own problem, pick a woman as your flag bearer for an elective position and see how fellow women pull her down
Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by ursullalinda(f): 6:54am On Sep 27, 2019
9jayes:

62 out of 100,000 enough?

Don't mind him, 21st century men reasoning like our ancestors. And we expect to move forward smh

1 Like

Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by tollyboy5(m): 6:58am On Sep 27, 2019
ursullalinda:

Don't mind him, 21st century men reasoning like our ancestors. And we expect to move forward smh
did anyone ask any woman not to contest? slay queen , runs girls , feminist , house wife those are the major woman we have in this country. oloshos always wanting to collect and also want undue advantage in politics work and others.
Nigeria don't have real women.
To add to this , I would never vote a woman ever. please I know many guys who defend equal right like me before has seen women in action when sitting on high rank position. women are heartless in reality . 4 get all this soft heart rubbish! na only their pikin dey see the soft heart. give power to lady and see the way she'll maltreat men anyhow. I've experience this several times

5 Likes

Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by smithe113(m): 7:01am On Sep 27, 2019
The reason is simple....... Women are terrible leaders

They take stupid decisions especially when on their period grin

2 Likes

Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by smithe113(m): 7:06am On Sep 27, 2019
ursullalinda:

Lol...... how else do you expect him to think?
The only thing women care about is dick, money, iphone11 and to ensure their child loots well so he doesn't have to work again in his life.

e.g Diezani Madueke
Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 27, 2019
The women are their own problem, there is no marginalisation here
Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 27, 2019
gazza07:
Ok.. 62 na only? Sharrrrap and enter za oza room!
Savage King.... You deserve ten bottles

1 Like

Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 27, 2019
So?
Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 27, 2019
ekestic1976:
God help our Democracy. Perhaps the time has come to find answer to the question why the female gender is so marginalised in our polity. Our largest population base must be accorded commensurate representation at all levels of governance.

It's like winning a Sweepstake being FTC. What other proof does a man need to know that it's going to be a great day?
nobody is marginalizing any female gender. Politicians work hard to get to where they are don't expect anybody to roll over for you because you are woman.

If you think that's discrimination is the fact that 98% of university students who buy cars are males discrimination against females?
Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 27, 2019
wilcox:
Very poor compared to the total number of elective position we have in the country.

In this case I find it difficult to know who to blame. But I think is the fault of our 2 major political party that has not found it necessary to apportion a certain percentage to the female folks so to speak.
there's no need to apportion anything to any gender. Political parties choose the best candidates with whom they have the best chance. Then these candidates fight among themselves. Don't expect anybody to roll over for you because you are a woman
Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 27, 2019
ursullalinda:

our ancestors were the smartest men in human history.
Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by naijacentric(m): 9:05am On Sep 27, 2019
tollyboy5:
did anyone ask any woman not to contest? slay queen , runs girls , feminist , house wife those are the major woman we have in this country. oloshos always wanting to collect and also want undue advantage in politics work and others.
Nigeria don't have real women.
To add to this , I would never vote a woman ever. please I know many guys who defend equal right like me before has seen women in action when sitting on high rank position. women are heartless in reality . 4 get all this soft heart rubbish! na only their pikin dey see the soft heart. give power to lady and see the way she'll maltreat men anyhow. I've experience this several times
God bless u i noticed naija women are the most terrible in the world i blame it on the men there were corrupted its only good men dat feel the pain most

1 Like

Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by ekestic1976(f): 9:07am On Sep 27, 2019
lilbest4:
nobody is marginalizing any female gender. Politicians work hard to get to where they are don't expect anybody to roll over for you because you are woman.

If you think that's discrimination is the fact that 98% of university students who buy cars are males discrimination against females?

You didn't congratulate me for being FTC?
Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by naijacentric(m): 9:07am On Sep 27, 2019
Women need to up their game they have the numbers even make a woman President but what do you know they are so disunited put so much power on nonsense same reason our men are tired of them may God help them as for me i am now #team foreign women
Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by anukulapo: 10:39am On Sep 27, 2019
Is there a law that stipulates how many women must be "elected"?
Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 27, 2019
naijacentric:
Women need to up their game they have the numbers even make a woman President but what do you know they are so disunited put so much power on nonsense same reason our men are tired of them may God help them as for me i am now #team foreign women
there's no particular reason why women should be desperate to make a woman president. Male president DON'T make any rule to favour an average man over women. Do you think Buhari wakes up and think about how he can make my life better? All these gender narrative is nonsense feminists are using to divide the world

1 Like

Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by wilcox(m): 10:47am On Sep 27, 2019
lilbest4:
there's no need to apportion anything to any gender. Political parties choose the best candidates with whom they have the best chance. Then these candidates fight among themselves. Don't expect anybody to roll over for you because you are a woman
You sound as though you don't know how dominating the male folks are in this part of the world.
Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 27, 2019
wilcox:

You sound as though you don't know how dominating the male folks are in this part of the world.
how are the male folks dominating the females? Because I honestly don't know
Re: Only 62 Women Elected In 2019 — INEC by naijacentric(m): 10:26pm On Sep 28, 2019
lilbest4:
there's no particular reason why women should be desperate to make a woman president. Male president DON'T make any rule to favour an average man over women. Do you think Buhari wakes up and think about how he can make my life better? All these gender narrative is nonsense feminists are using to divide the world
all i am saying is it bad for a woman to rule i am not talking of no feminist agenda. We are all human beings why must a man rule always it doesn't make sense now. In life things must be equal by balancing both ends.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Fellow Nigerians. . . It Has Begun! / Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Prayers Over Nation’s Security Challenges / Nnamdi Kanu Represents 99.9% Ndigbo’; As Igbo Lawyers Mobilise Defence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.