Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,925 members, 7,821,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Lets Try To Rejuvenate Our Faith In The Holy Month Of Dhul Hijjah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lets Try To Rejuvenate Our Faith In The Holy Month Of Dhul Hijjah (1035 Views)

What Are The Recommended Acts In First 10days Of Dhul-hijjah? / Virtues Of The First Ten Days Of Dhul Hijjah / The Best 10 Days(dhul-hijjah 2012) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Try To Rejuvenate Our Faith In The Holy Month Of Dhul Hijjah by azharuddin: 3:42pm On Nov 02, 2010
Abu Hurairah relates that the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said,
"There are no days more loved to Allah for you to worship Him therein than the tendays of Dhul Hijjah.
Fasting [/b]any day during it is equivalent to fasting one year
and to offer [b]salatul tahajjud
(late-night prayer) during one of,  its nights is like performing the late night prayer on the night of
power. [i.e.Lailatul Qadr]."
[at-Tirmidhi]

There is no doubt about the Holiness of the month of Dhul Hijjah. It is the month in which millions of muslims perform Hajj. This year Dhul Hijjah will start on[b] Nov 7th[/b] (will be one day earlier or later in different places, please confirm with your local mosque). Thanks to the Ramadan thread we all got the motivation and knowledge to do Ibadah. Every time one read that thread one feels like doin more prayers and recite the Quran more. Also learnt many new Dikrs and ways of Ibadah. But the question is How many of us are still doing Ibadah in the same energy and frequency we did in the month of Ramadan

So Brothers and sisters lets try together to rejuvenate our Faith in the upcoming Holy month of Dhul Hijjah, especially the 1st Ten days. Lets try to do more Ibadah in whatever way we can:-
1. Fasting, or
2. Praying Tahajjud at night, or
3. Reciting Quran more frequently and for longer duration, or
4. Atleast increasing the number of Dikhrs daily. or
5. Giving more sadaqa(charity).

We all have our time constraints and limitations but lets try to do more of any kind of Ibadah (atleast Dikhr).  Who is with me, ?

May Allah give all of us the blessing to perform Hajj in our life time,
Millions of muslims are going to perform Hajj this year, Allah please protect them, give them good health, accept their Hajj and forgive all their sins.
Ameen.
Re: Lets Try To Rejuvenate Our Faith In The Holy Month Of Dhul Hijjah by azharuddin: 7:41am On Nov 03, 2010
Anybody with me, ?
Re: Lets Try To Rejuvenate Our Faith In The Holy Month Of Dhul Hijjah by chakula: 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2010
Thanks for admonishing, gingering and reminding us, each and every Muslim must ensure in the tenth of this his/her account is surely increase with good deed as it was mentioned and pointed out (by azharudden) some hints which lead us to Jannatul firdaus as a reward.

azharuddin:

Abu Hurairah relates that the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said,
"There are no days more loved to Allah for you to worship Him therein than the tendays of Dhul Hijjah.
Fasting [/b]any day during it is equivalent to fasting one year
and to offer [b]salatul tahajjud
(late-night prayer) during one of, its nights is like performing the late night prayer on the night of
power. [i.e.Lailatul Qadr]."
[at-Tirmidhi]

So Brothers and sisters lets try together to rejuvenate our Faith in the upcoming Holy month of Dhul Hijjah, especially the 1st Ten days. Lets try to do more Ibadah in whatever way we can:-
1. Fasting, or
2. Praying Tahajjud at night, or
3. Reciting Quran more frequently and for longer duration, or
4. Atleast increasing the number of Dikhrs daily. or
5. Giving more sadaqa(charity).

Re: Lets Try To Rejuvenate Our Faith In The Holy Month Of Dhul Hijjah by azharuddin: 10:25am On Nov 05, 2010
In todays friday sermon the imam said that,
the day of Arafah (Dhul Hijjah 9th) is very sacred. It is on this day Adam (allaihisalaam) and Hawwa met after being expelled from heaven. Fasting on this day has immense blessings. It is said that if a person fasts on the day of Arafa (Dhul Hijjah 9th) , Allah will forgive all his small sins of the past year and the next year. (people who are performing hajj are excluded from fasting).
Re: Lets Try To Rejuvenate Our Faith In The Holy Month Of Dhul Hijjah by zubeyr(m): 5:08pm On Nov 05, 2010
That true Brother Azhar add to that also It is the day in which the religion was perfected and Allah's Favour were completed Allah says
"This day I have perfected your Religion for you completed my Favour upon you and have chosen for you Islam as your Religion " Koran 5: 3
that Aya was revealed on the Prophet PUH when He was Standing in Arafat on Friday
It is the day of  Eid for people in that place
The Prophet PUH said "Yawm Arafat (The day of Arafat) Yawm AL Nahr (the day of sacrifice) and Ayaam Al Tashreeq ( the 3 days following Arafat) are Eid (Festival) for us the people of  Islam these are days of eating and drinking "Narrated by the Authors of Al Sunan
It is the day by which Allah swore an Oath
It is the day of forgiveness of sins freedom from the hell fire and pride  for people on mount Arafat that day
Fasting in that day is an expiation for two years also
Re: Lets Try To Rejuvenate Our Faith In The Holy Month Of Dhul Hijjah by azharuddin: 3:34pm On Nov 06, 2010
Also more on this topic in the thread by AbuHanifa: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-546414.0.html
Re: Lets Try To Rejuvenate Our Faith In The Holy Month Of Dhul Hijjah by juman(m): 6:54pm On Nov 06, 2010
Thanks for the information.
Re: Lets Try To Rejuvenate Our Faith In The Holy Month Of Dhul Hijjah by AbuHanifa: 9:07pm On Nov 06, 2010
May Allah reward the contractors and the poster. It is glaring that most muslims don't know the importance of these days. I implore us to make this information widespread especially on facebook where we have community of muslims.
Re: Lets Try To Rejuvenate Our Faith In The Holy Month Of Dhul Hijjah by azharuddin: 4:01pm On Nov 07, 2010
AbuHanifa:

It is glaring that most muslims don't know the importance of these days.

Very true. I didnt know about this all these years.
The month of Dhul Hijjah has started. Lets try to our best. May Allah forgive all our sins, Ameen.

(1) (Reply)

The Journey Of The Soul / Help ! This Mosque hornspeakers Will Not Allow Me To Rest / Muslim Brotherhood Call Halloween Celebrations Satanic And Homosexual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.