Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,611 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) (1706 Views)

Nigerian Passport Can Take You To 44 Countries Without Visa….[see List] / Renewing Nigerian Passport In The Uk / Nigerian Passport: Current Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) by dejia(m): 6:51pm On May 18, 2007
HI NIGERIANS,
AM A NIGERIAN IN SA, WHEN EVER I GO TO THE BANK AND I BRING OUT MY PASSPORT AS AN IDENTIFICATION, THE TELLER PERSON IMMEDIATELY CALLS THE SUPERVISOR;ITS ALWAYS LIKE , THIS ONE PASS ME
I ONCE WENT TO CHINESE EMBASSY AND WAS TOLD TO GO BACK AND APPLY FROM LAGOS, AFTER SPENDING 4YRS IN SA.
A BROTHER IN MY CHURCH TOO WAS REFER TO GREECE EMBASSY IN NIAJA COS HIS NIGERIAN,
I WAS DELAYED AT THE POINT OF ENTRY IN CHINA ( OF ALL COUNTRIES) FOR 6HOURS, THEY WERE BUSY CHECKING , INFACT THEY TOOK ME FOR AN X-RAY TEST TO SEE IF I HAD DRUG INSIDE OF ME.
I WAS INVITED TO SWISS BY A COMPANY, WENT TO THERE EMBASSY DIS WEEK, THEY LOOK AT ALL MY DOC. AND SAY IT WAS FINE, IMMEDIATELY I BROUGHT OUT MY GREEN PALI, THEY TOLD ME BRUNTLY THAT THEY CANT GIVE ME VISA! AND TOLD ME IF I DROP MY DOCUMENT I WILL JUST SIMPLY GET A REFUSAL STAMP.

WHAT TERRIBLE EXPERINCES HAVE U HAD WITH UR NIJA PASSPORT? WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT?OR DO WE ALL NATIONALISE IN OTHER COUNTRIES?
Re: Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) by DisGuy: 6:54pm On May 18, 2007
sorry, 'ndo, sannu, kpele you are taking one for the team wink
Re: Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) by Rlst84sale(m): 9:55pm On May 18, 2007
I drove to England for the first time and without visa, I was delayed for almost 4 hrs, I was pissed, we talked, and talked, and yelled at each other, I told him I was from a commonwealth member nation and he had no right to refuse me entry, until after a very long time of talking, arguing and yelling, at a point I told him to give my pali back to me I wasn't going to go to their country again, I asked what's so special about them? he later stamped my pali to enter for 6 months. That was a long time ago, don't try it now.

One I was coming from Norway entering through N.Y and I was told to sit in one office by myself. I was there for almost 2 hours, then I when outside to ask someone to tell me what was going on, the person told me to go back there and sat, after another 1 hr  I became angry and started to spark, then, they gave me back my pali and just told me I could go.

Another time was when I went to Lithuania in 99, I was in the plane with some brothers that are Americans who were playing professional basket ball in Poland they were going to play a game there. When we got to the city everyone thought I was a basket player too because of my height and the way everyone including myself dressed. They did not even open the guys pali they just showed it to them and they smiled and waved them welcome. Immediately I showed them the green, they singled me out of the line, then interview started, about three of them came and started asking different question to the extent that I was pissed off. Everyone else left but me, they checked my luggages over and over. I was there for almost 2 hrs. They later let me enter.

All this experience not withstanding, I won't abuse my Niaja passport I will still keep and travel with it when I need to or my Blue Eagles wings.
Re: Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) by VOR(m): 10:11pm On May 18, 2007
Rlst84sale:

I drove to England for the first time and without visa, I was delayed for almost 4 hrs, I was pissed, we talked, and talked, and yelled at each other, I told him I was from a commonwealth member nation and he had no right to refuse me entry, until after a very long time of talking, arguing and yelling, at a point I told him to give my pali back to me I wasn't going to go to their country again, I asked what's so special about them? he later stamped my pali to enter for 6 months. That was a long time ago, don't try it now.

Did this happen before or after the visa requirement for Nigerians was introduced?
Re: Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) by Imani(f): 5:13pm On May 19, 2007
Funny enough, with all my limited travel to places like some parts of Europe and America, i have never been stressed over my nigerian passport.

I only get annoyed i have to queue up so long at the immigration.

Other than that, i have been ok, well, maybe it is because i am female undecided
Re: Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) by Rlst84sale(m): 9:18pm On May 21, 2007
It was after the visa requirements were introduced
Re: Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) by VOR(m): 9:56pm On May 21, 2007
Rlst84sale:

It was after the visa requirements were introduced

Uk immigration have every right to refuse entry if you don't meet the visa requirements.
Regardless of whether you are a national of a commonwealth country. It has
always been the case.
Re: Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) by ikamefa(f): 10:20pm On May 21, 2007
na today i don talk am before 9ja pali is useless angry
Re: Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) by hbrednic: 1:04am On May 22, 2007
my pali is my identity,i have dual citizenship but i still prefer to travel with naija pali.
though immigi officers can be ridiculous a times,but i have never had any problems.
there are lots of haters out-there but that will never make u change ur identity,
if look like an arab,immigi can easily take over 20hrs of ur time.
so just be yourself.

niaja pali no dey useless cos people still travel with it,and will continue to do so.
Re: Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) by maadoepa(f): 1:26am On May 22, 2007
How can you blame your woes on a lifeless piece of item? someone says the Nigerian passport is usesless? hmmm -say that to the passport and see if it will understand you - it is not the passport that is useless, it is the way the people who carry it have or had behaved that made the other carriers of the passport subject of derision. Dont forget the people at the immigration department of these countries sees nationals of different countries pass through their port of entry on a daily basis - therefore, if they have seen what Nigerians do in the sake of travelling abroad - viz - forgeries, fakes, etc, then you wont blame them to suspect that every Nigerian or anyone carrying that passport is a potential person with fake documents or with forged papers or at the worst, a drug carrier. Therefore, it behoves them not to assume that you're not a suspect unless you prove them otherwise, don't blame the country - don't blame the passport, blame the people who had passed through these immigartin points and who had been caught with one crime or the other.

Poster mentioned SA, you will be amazed that majority of SA citizens think that every Nigerian person is a potential crook, even in Ghana, Benin Republic, etc - they told me once, it is Nigerians that steal here o - we don't steal in our country - hard to beleive - but it is true.
Re: Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) by Akolawole(m): 1:27am On May 22, 2007
ikamefa:

na today i don talk am before Nigeria pali is useless angry

Who make it useless?

Nigeria or Nigerians?

I am fine with my Nigerian passport if i have to come back to this world, i will always like to be back as a Nigerian.
Re: Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) by Imani(f): 10:24pm On May 22, 2007
Akolawole:

Who make it useless?

Nigeria or Nigerians?

I am fine with my Nigerian passport if i have to come back to this world, i will always like to be back as a Nigerian.

welcome back from where ever you went to cool

Are you sure about that statement? shocked
Re: Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) by Akolawole(m): 1:40am On May 23, 2007
@Imani

I am 100% sure of that.

God that create me is NOT a God of Mistake.

With due respect to those with dual or multiple nationalities, i want to be known as a Nigerian NOT IN-BETWEEN or carrier of "passport of convenience".

Peace.
Re: Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) by Wadomoi(f): 1:50am On May 23, 2007
Thanks @ Akolawole - They make a big deal of that.
Re: Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) by caustic(f): 1:41am On May 24, 2007
Hey ! AKOLA ibadan, Where in the planet did you disappear to ? Welcome back  kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) by Vicjustice: 8:27am On May 24, 2007
With my Nigerian passport, i've had some pocket of obstacles in some countries, my worst experience was in Riga, Latvia where my passport was cross-examined several times, they eventually had to make phone calls to my programme organisers before granting me entrance after 2 hours. In Istanbul, Turkey, i was singled out of a que when they saw the green passport (even though i was in the middle of the que) and taken into a special office where i was humiliated before letting me in.
I've always had some problems in western Europe also, but things are better now that i don't usually use the green passport, and even if i use it, it's numerous visas and stamps make it more credible. I can only imagine what people with a single visa in their passport pass through sad
Re: Nigerian Passport ( Niaja Pali) by locoman(m): 2:03pm On May 24, 2007
A white man told me there are two countries in Africa continent Nigerians and others. Anything that has to do with a Nigerian requires a strict attention, so don't be embarrassed, Naija too much !

(1) (Reply)

Shengen Countries / Wise-up! These Are 5 People To Notify Before You Travel Overseas / Road To ANAMBRA state from LAGOS state

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.