Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,636 members, 7,958,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:33 AM

Do You regret Offering Art Instead Of Science - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You regret Offering Art Instead Of Science (577 Views)

Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? / What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? / Explosion At Enugu State University Of Science & Technology Injures One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You regret Offering Art Instead Of Science by nakaman: 6:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
The debate of Science Vs Arts
and which one outwits the
other is an eternal one. If
science is about fact, art is
about fiction and debates. If
Science delves into the world
and beyond, Arts is about
searching within. Well does this
debate sound an interesting
one! However, for many
reading the article, this debate
will hardly make any sense and
instead I would be asked to not
even probe it further. Why? For
a few ‘ignorant’ ones the
debate hardly makes any sense
in nigeria.
Most of the students either
have aspirations of becoming
an engineer, scientist or a
doctor and therefore have no
choice but to opt for science and the law students opting in for art in
stream at the 10+2 or Ss1+ss2 class make selection of study. Some
opt for science voluntarily,
others have it thrust upon
them while still others choose it
since it’s the happening stream
in Nigeria and friends have opted for it.
Am a science student, I love anything technical, enjoy puzzle games and prefer calculation to theory. Why am I offering business management ? man to tell you the truth I never enjoyed physics or chemistry, in my ss2 I was'nt good in any of these courses, I failed biology, physics and chemistry in all 3 terms, my school councelor then had called about 15 of us to withdraw from science. God! I was ashamed of my self. Out of fear, I switched to art knowing fully well am a computer science student. Now am in a higher institution solving math and physics assignment for people. How foolish I was. I had given up now am regretting. Share yours if you do .

(1) (Reply)

Aksu Postutme Admission List 2019/2020 / Software Development (engineering) Courses In Ibadan / Free Scholarship For Students In Lagos And Ogun State Tetiary Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.