Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,339 members, 7,867,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:18 AM

Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] (55862 Views)

"When I Was Still Young And Innocent " - Anto Lecky Shares Throwback Photo / Bbnaija Gifty Slams Nigerian Musicians For Not Using Local Dialects To Sing / Top Nigerian Musicians That Blew And Then Went Back To Being Upcoming Artiste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] by Seyiadex0000(m): 9:11pm On Sep 28, 2019
[quote author=harley88 post=82647930]Abeg who knows Crayon??
Crayon ko, pencil ni[/quote
I tired oo
Even i never heard that name once�]
Re: Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] by Seyiadex0000(m): 9:13pm On Sep 28, 2019
naijadrivablog:
grin

Where is the boy that sang, "The money wey we geti o, e no go finishio , amen
he dey your village�
Re: Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] by Kurdicao: 9:32pm On Sep 28, 2019
Thanks for info!
Re: Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] by KingWarri: 9:50pm On Sep 28, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
Why is my photo not there

Bcox u be OLOSHO
Re: Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] by KingWarri: 10:04pm On Sep 28, 2019
lenghtinny:

If you really sabi music wella, you go know say some of the names you typed are more talented at producing songs not singing.....

In music, style is very important because an artiste must be unique with his sound or else he won't last long on the charts.

Imagine Davido mimicking Ed Sheeran's sound. I can bet my ass that you will be the first among those that will call him a faker and copycat.... Also he would be nowhere near what he's achieved today......

There are so many alternatives artistes in this naija that can give Khalid and Dua lipa a run for their money but most can't get a big break because the likes of Davido, Wizkid already occupy the space.
The funny truth is that outside Africa, Davido and Wizkid will always pull more weight than this alternative artistes because they come to the table with a different and unique sound while the alternative artiste will be trying to break into a super saturated market trying to sound like an English man or woman.

Davido's son of mercy EP in 2016 was a big flop because Sony was trying to make him sound like an americanah. He had to run back to naija the following year to reinvent himself by jumping on Tekno's vibe with IF. Not only that, He featured young thug and ear drummers on Pere but I doubt it got anywhere near If, fall or FIA.

Wizkid sounds from the other side didn't make a big difference despite featuring some established acts such as Breezy and Treysongz.

He had to team up with mut4y and killertunes to get back on track with Manya....

Music is not all about making sense in English language alone, it's all about being unique with your sound and entertaining people with this sound.

Psy's gangnam style was a hit and one of the most viewed music videos on YouTube without an atom of English... Most people don't even know what despacito means before Luis Fonsi hooked up with Justin Bieber...

Learn to put some respect on the name of Wizkid and Davido.... Those two have paid their dues as far as the music business is concerned....
Being on top of the game for almost a decade is no mean feat.... There are so many that started after them but are nowhere to be found today.... Imagine Rema's almost incoherent song dumebi became a hit song because he was mimicking Wizkid while he has more decent songs like why and boulevard but they are nowhere near dumebi's achievement.

To burst your bubble, some of the names you typed their has been romancing with the same African sound you oversabi people like you love to deride so much....

Rita Ora once famz Mr. Eazi's skin tight which led to her jumping on the remix with Wizzy.....

Fuse Odg took Ed sheeran to Ghana sometime in 2017 which led to a song produced by killbeatz where Ed was singing in Ghanaian language (I don't remember the title)....

Diplo of major Lazer claimed their 2017 hit "Run up" featuring partynextdoor and Nicki Minaj was
inspired by afro beats sound.

Drake acknowledged Wizkid's Soco and Tekno's jogodo as inspiration behind some songs on some of his 2018 album. Dude even mentioned "Ikebe" and "bakassi" on Swae lee's won't be late which was produced by Tekno....

The music group LSD (featuring Labyrinth, Sia and Diplo) had a recent song called No new friends which was also styled after the afro beats sound.

Anne Marie was singing in pidgin alongside Eazi on a major Lazer and rudimental jam....

Dude lipa was on a Wale's jam with Wizkid...

Clean bandit worked with Davido on their last album...

French Montana had a monster hit with afrobeat vibes on unforgettable

Lastly, this is 2019 not the 90s or early 2000s wey be say na only foreign songs dey gain rep... Everybody na king for his own lane now... Originality na the watchword, do you, let others do themselves abeg angry

Three bgosa for you na man u be.....

U deserve one cold Pepsi to take press for one side....
Re: Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] by falcon01: 10:06pm On Sep 28, 2019
slawomir:
Bunch of upcoming untalented Moda fuckkers about to join the already untalented nigggarzzz we have in the music industry

Especially that frogged voice called davido using too much enhancer
Only Burna boy and 2face have talent

If you want to know that Nigeria artiste are dog shiit
Just listen to these foreign artiste and you will never play any Nigeria song

The weekend
Imagine dragons
Sia
Katty pery
Passenger
Bruno Mars
Avicii
Twenty one pilot
The Chainsmokers
Dig the kid
Cold play
Khalid
Maroon 5
Calum scot
John legend
Selena Gomez
Post malone
Ellie Goulding
Christiana aquilera
A great big world
Rita ora
Clean bandit
Dua lipa
Martin garixx
Major Lazer
The night
Edsheeran
Taylor swift
you and I have same taste in music
Re: Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] by Zendizel(m): 11:27pm On Sep 28, 2019
RejoiceBoysBlog:
WHAT'S YOUR OPINION
zionlee
Re: Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] by Emilokoiyawon: 12:11am On Sep 29, 2019
Hanks0000:

You don't have to tag me to your lil ass comment.. I don't have to listen to the same genrr you listen too.. Besides I didn't tag you To my comment.. I just said what I think and I don't think that should be a problem cause the last time I checked everyone has their own creeds...

Besides I'm not a complete Nigerian.. My dad is an American and my mom is from Oyo state... So get the Bleep outta here

ha ha ha ah grin grin grin grin who ask you? Mr. Incomplete Nigerian. Swerve jor...u no reach grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] by Kfed4ril(m): 8:05am On Sep 29, 2019
MrTrend:
Is Rema the best among the other four so far? cheesy

For me I think it’s between joeboy and fireboy.
The rest na noise makers to me
Re: Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] by 9jaRealist: 8:29am On Sep 29, 2019
Hanks0000:
You and I are on same page.. I loathe Nigeria songs die...

I'm an upcomin artist, too!!
Just don't sing like other Nigerians.. My genre is different and it's usually English all through.. inspired by Future and Other cool folks like Fun and James Blunt.. I bet people who don't sing like them won't get signed in the industry..

grin grin grin
>

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] by 9jaRealist: 8:33am On Sep 29, 2019
Hanks0000:
You don't have to tag me to your lil ass comment.. I don't have to listen to the same genrr you listen too.. Besides I didn't tag you To my comment.. I just said what I think and I don't think that should be a problem cause the last time I checked everyone has their own creeds...

Besides I'm not a complete Nigerian.. My dad is an American and my mom is from Oyo state... So get the Bleep outta here

grin grin grin
>

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] by 9jaRealist: 8:39am On Sep 29, 2019
slawomir:
Bunch of upcoming untalented Moda fuckkers about to join the already untalented nigggarzzz we have in the music industry

Especially that frogged voice called davido using too much enhancer
Only Burna boy and 2face have talent

If you want to know that Nigeria artiste are dog shiit
Just listen to these foreign artiste and you will never play any Nigeria song

The weekend
Imagine dragons
Sia
Katty pery
Passenger
Bruno Mars
Avicii
Twenty one pilot
The Chainsmokers
Dig the kid
Cold play
Khalid
Maroon 5
Calum scot
John legend
Selena Gomez
Post malone
Ellie Goulding
Christiana aquilera
A great big world
Rita ora
Clean bandit
Dua lipa
Martin garixx
Major Lazer
The night
Edsheeran
Taylor swift

grin grin grin

The good thing about having 7.5 billion INDIVIDUAL human beings is that tastes differ widely...
It would thus be obtuse to self-arrogate to oneself the sole arbiter of what constitutes good taste and/or talent.
>

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] by Seasonc19821987: 9:33am On Sep 29, 2019
No D'banj ?

This list is not complete.. OP brain and Tasha brain hmm..%^^^>€€€#£••¥
Re: Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] by King204(m): 2:02pm On Sep 29, 2019
marttol:
those up there are NIGERIAN artiste... Zino is AGEGE artiste.
Fuu!!!! U don't know anything about music wink
Re: Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] by MrTrend(m): 3:50pm On Sep 29, 2019
Kfed4ril:

For me I think it’s between joeboy and fireboy.
The rest na noise makers to me

Really? shocked
Re: Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] by BOBBYNIGUESZ(m): 8:58pm On Feb 08, 2020
genq:
SANTI should be on this list.

SANTI MINA KOOR
Re: Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] by Brunicekid(m): 11:24am On Dec 04, 2021
kingxsamz:
You forgot Ice Prince...
But why? Ice-Prince here's a joke..
Re: Top 7 Young And Upcoming Nigerian Musicians [photos] by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 04, 2021
Ọmọ.. this thread don old óò..
I remember am like say na yesterday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boluwatife Balogun And Jamal Zamani Pose Together In Matching Oufit (photo) / Mercy Johnson's Daughter, Purity Visits Her On Set, Takes Selfies With Co-Actors / Funke Akindele And Her Husband Are Ex-convicts Until Pronouncement Set Aside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.