Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Starting A Business In Lagos With N1m. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting A Business In Lagos With N1m. (3770 Views)

Malta Guinness Stuns Lagos With Amazing New Concept (Photos) / Viable Business With N1m / Help: What Business Can I Start In Portharcourt With N1m Capital? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Business In Lagos With N1m. by obiroller: 7:09pm On May 18, 2007
hello every one, i am a recent member of nairaland and need some information on possible business ideas which i can undertake with N1m. i am thinking of starting an intercity taxi business in lagos but i'm unsure of what the prospects are and the possible returns. i'd appreciate sound avice from anyone who can help me. thanks alot.
Re: Starting A Business In Lagos With N1m. by PapaBrowne(m): 8:42pm On May 18, 2007
1m Naira wouldn't do for an intercity taxi service if you intend 2 own or lease the vehicles.
On the other hand, you can get people to run their taxis on your service.
It's so funny how Lagos doesn't have any taxi company you can just call, and they will come pick you up wherever you are.
Hey, U should put meters on the cabs!!
Re: Starting A Business In Lagos With N1m. by naijacutee(f): 8:53pm On Jul 23, 2007
This is probably not appropriate for what you want but it's an idea I've flirted with for a bit and I think you might want to look into. With proper research beforehand of course.

You could consider a lunch delivery run whereby, with 2 or 3 okadas, one could deliver lunches from restaurants straight to offices. Basically, the office workers place their orders with the restaurant over the phone. For an extra =N=75 or so, a member of your team then picks up the lunches and deliver straight to the offices. Each customer pays the delivery charge, so the more orders you get, the more money you make. Your job though would be to propose the whole idea to the restaurants and create flyers to the effect. You would be helping them overcome the distance barrier, if that is what is keeping them from selling more food.

The pros would be that -
- Busy people can have lunch on-the-go and also have a variety of restaurants to choose from
- Those that have to travel down for lunch have a fast okada, defying all traffic laws to bring them food.
- You are not restricted at all to any of these restaurants and can be completely flexible with each member of your team rota'd to a restaurant at a time

Cons
- You would have to think of what happens before and after lunch periods
- And also a way to keep the food warm during the journey. That shouldn't be a problem though as the "carry boxes" can be lined with the white insulating material that comes with new electronics (Cant remember what it's called)

Obviously, this is just a rough sketch of an idea, but I believe it's a feasible one, if a niche market can be identified. All you need to do is your research on the eating habits of office workers around corporate Lagos and you'll be good to go.
Re: Starting A Business In Lagos With N1m. by SOJ(m): 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2007
Great one,Niajacutiee.I had such a concept once but in line with mobile phones.For example,how do they place such orders?by phone,abi?I thought of a way of sending an sms to a dedicated number with specific codes for different lunch packages and get it delivered to ur office by okada.Sure there are ways to keep the food warm while on motion,it requires a bit of ingenuinty though.its extensive and might reqire a bit of sensitization for it to work.I approached 2 fastfood operator in Lagos for it and they maintained that they were satisfied with thier current order methods.I think it'll take one very innovative and adventurous mind to do such in Lagos,VI especially.
Re: Starting A Business In Lagos With N1m. by jogernut: 2:54pm On Apr 27, 2013
[size=16pt]www.easyappetite.com[/size]

Re: Starting A Business In Lagos With N1m. by kingsleychile(m): 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2013
this post has been hidden
Re: Starting A Business In Lagos With N1m. by kingsleychile(m): 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2013
Re: Starting A Business In Lagos With N1m. by kingsleychile(m): 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2013
Re: Starting A Business In Lagos With N1m. by kingsleychile(m): 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2013
Re: Starting A Business In Lagos With N1m. by madampresident(f): 7:52pm On Aug 03, 2013
Don"t know if you would be interested in this business i am currently looking into. I made some contacts in U.S and was made to understand that one could import computers : laptops, desktops and accessories made for the U.S market at very good wholesale prices and could sell with profit of between 30-50% depending on your market/customers.

Let me know if you are interested,peharps we could look into it together.
Re: Starting A Business In Lagos With N1m. by kingsleychile(m): 9:38am On Oct 13, 2013
we are among the best ice block machine manufactures base in lagos,office address,NO 7 mokoya street olodi apapa lagos,we manufacture ICE BLOCK MACHINES and FROZEN FOOD STORAGE,with super quality materials and are chemical free,CASH and CARRY,NO EXTRA CHARGES,1YEAR WARRANTY call or whatsAPP :08063748505,email:kingsleychileekpei@yahoo.com (YEAR 2017 price list) INSTALLMENTAL PAYMENTS MAY BE CONSIDERED

...12/15 HOURS..

50 BLOCKS #280,000
100 BLOCKS #550,000
200 BLOCKS #1,100,000

...7/10 HOURS..

25 BLOCKS #300,000
50 BLOCKS #380,000
100 BLOCKS #750,000

....4/5 HOURS...

25 BLOCKS #400,000
50 BLOCKS #800,000
100 BLOCKS #1,550,000

....2/3 HOURS.....

25 BLOCKS #900,000
50 BLOCKS #1,600,000
100 BLOCKS #2,500,000

1 YEAR WARRANTY

Re: Starting A Business In Lagos With N1m. by vjoycar(f): 7:19am On Oct 14, 2013
How about importing&exporting business?

If you need import from China,i can help you get the information,just make one new friend. tongue
Re: Starting A Business In Lagos With N1m. by glintspot: 3:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
EARN UP TO N45,000 MONTHLY BY BEING OUR RESELLER
Become our reseller and get a complete sms website of your own @ www.glintsms.com Our sms component will be installed with our robust program that makes it possible for you to sell sms, manage your members, get orders, approve purchases, view transactions e.t.c.
As a reseller, you can get sms for as low as N0.80kobo and sell as much a N2.25k per sms.
1.) Buy your initial sms units at N0.80kobo
2.) Plus a free E-BOOK (How To WIN AND KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS FOR LIFE)
3.) Free designed bulksms website
4.) Free domain name registration
5.) Free web hosting for a year
6.)Free 500 sms units
7.) Free manual to run your bulksms buisness(Ebook)
All this you will get for as low as N20,000,
BUY sms in Nigeria FOR AS LOW AS N0.80KOBO. act now this a limited time offer, bulk sms website has never been this cheap in Nigeria.
It could be your only chance to start making steady income online
RUSH NOW WHILE OFFER LAST .CALL FOR ENQUIRE. 08112669601 OR 07038980699

(1) (Reply)

The Best Time To Trade The Forex / Why Doesn't St Louis Sugar Advertise? (PHOTO) / How To Withdraw Your Paypal Funds,receive Paypal In Nigerian Bank Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.