Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,847 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting (15178 Views)

My 16 Year Old Live-in Maid Is Pregnant For A 20 Year Old Boy / We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room / "My Husband Sleeps With My 16-Year-Old Sister, Impregnated Her & Aborted": Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Opexzy: 4:21am On Sep 28, 2019
Good day fellow nairalanders, i will try to keep this as short as possible.

I have a sixteen years old brother that is still bed-wetting. Dad and Mom has done everything humanly possible, but all their efforts ends in futility.... So many methods have been devised to just help him but non worked.

Initially we thought it was because of late dinner, he was stopped from eating when it is after 7pm

There was a time that dad use to whip him, but he stopped when he realized he's not getting any better.

We have bought some medicines, but it is still the same story.

Currently everyone is tired and no one is talking about it anymore... my parents believes that when he gets to uni he will change after a single inglorious display of this act.. He is currently in ss3.

what baffles me is that, my bro doesn't show any sign of remorse. He is always unapologetic and doesn't really give a damn...

Please nairalanders, is there anything else we aren't doing...?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Nobody: 4:29am On Sep 28, 2019
Simplest thing jare. Una never get the system.
That food own dey work but because he is grown he can always work around it.
Just buy am very fine and bright digital watch with solid alarm went be like siren. Set it at 2 hours. It might not work at first but soon the alarm go soon dey disturb him sleep. E go learn to wake. Also you sef wake up at intervals. He wan piss o, he Don piss ooo e no concern you. Drag him to toilet. This simple things dey work. That university own will only work in a hostel and it takes guts.

During my year one one professor Pikin wey dey year three we gather dey hostel. The guy na pissanthus weeweebuchi. As in even if he piss 5 minutes ago once he sleeps he go open the floodgates of heaven. Every body left room for the guy but me. Na here you go see patience. Though I dey lower level I was older than him by far. I started by making him feel very uncomfortable in his sleep. If no be music na game. He go just dey hiss. I no send. Even when he thinks he is not sleeping which he actually is I dey penetrate him subconciousness.He go get up, hiss go piss come go sleep. Next if he mistakenly piss, before anyone wake up I Don wake am, we Don clean the bed and room sharp sharp wash sheets before anyone soji. That piss stigma Don comot be that. Before you know it T Don forget say he dey piss. I noticed but didn't tell him. The mama cry come the day he slept over their house for the weekend. See tears. On top piss wey stop. E no reach one month na US the guy go start school afresh. Because of piss he no fit travel.
Bottom line.. Buy the alarm. You too be the alarm. Don't pressure him. E go change.

Piss be unto you

226 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by mu2sa2: 4:45am On Sep 28, 2019
He doesnt have to be apologetic, because it's not a deliberate act on his part. You should not give up on him. We were able to overcome a similar situation by perseverance. Stopping eating and drinking long before going to bed is important. If 7 pm is not working reduce it to 6 pm or even earlier. He should take very little drink or even nothing around that time. Secondly, he shouldn't go to bed early, maybe he should wait until at least 10pm. By this time, hopefully he would have emptied his bladder. He must always go and pee before going to bed - very important. Next, please wake him up at least once to go and pee. This approach worked in our own case. It would also work for him, but he must be consistent and you all should be sympathetic and continue to help him. Good luck.

14 Likes

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Katier00(f): 4:47am On Sep 28, 2019
Let him see a doctor. It is a disorder

4 Likes

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Pavore9: 5:32am On Sep 28, 2019
Nocturnal enuresis at his age indicates he needs professional intervention.

4 Likes

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 28, 2019
Get professional help for him.

2 Likes

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 28, 2019
Na Natural something, I get close friend wey bedwet reach 18yrs before he stop, .

10 Likes

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by nabegibeg: 8:37am On Sep 28, 2019
Opexzy:

I have a sixteen years old brother that is still bed-wetting. Dad and Mom has done everything humanly possible, but all their efforts ends in futility.... So many methods have been devised to just help him but non worked.

Initially we thought it was because of late dinner, he was stopped from eating when it is after 7pm

There was a time that dad use to whip him, but he stopped when he realized he's not getting any better.

Currently everyone is tired and no one is talking about it anymore... my parents believes that when he gets to uni he will change after a single inglorious display of this act.. He is currently in ss3.

what baffles me is that, my bro doesn't show any sign of remorse. He is always unapologetic and doesn't really give a damn...

Professional help is needed
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 28, 2019
Could be he’s got smaller functional bladder capacity, overactive bladder or maybe stress/anxiety. He should see a doctor
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Lucky4real28(m): 8:38am On Sep 28, 2019
He just needs to be more aware of himself, I want i believe he plays a lot and mostly exhausted, so he sees himself in his dream peeing in the toilet whilst same happens in reality only to wake up to the mess. This is normal for kids below 10, but everyone is not the same, help him train his brain to be recognize the prank and also to not sleep too deep and observe, this would help him and he ll stop.

23 Likes

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by lilcrush(m): 8:38am On Sep 28, 2019
Give him weed to smoke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by yesloaded: 8:39am On Sep 28, 2019
Tie snail shell on his peepee

grin you go thank me later

To be sincere, he will definitely stop on his own but I suggest you seek medical assistance
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Olamyyde(m): 8:39am On Sep 28, 2019
It's still possible for him to stop.

I know someone that stopped bedwetting exactly at that age.

Let him stop drinking water or any liquid after 6pm for like 3 weeks and see the changes.

5 Likes

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 28, 2019
First of all... are you sure it's pee.. or wet-dreams ... as 16year olds get them often

Second .. it goes with time .. I personally pee before sleeping just so I don't do the midnight waking ... people with less stronger bladders have to wake to pee .. I think he has to know himself when to wake to go pee .. or rather you guys could change his bed to a less comfortable one so he'd be conscious at night..

Either ways he'll learn with time

1 Like

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Offpoint: 8:39am On Sep 28, 2019
Look for his crush and let sleep in same room with him, him go compose himselfgrin

There's no known medications for bed-wetting, try a therapist.

I heard this Hausas guys have something concoction that settles bed-wetting.

If none of this work, let try Yoruba pepper soup...

4 Likes

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by humberjade: 8:39am On Sep 28, 2019
Hmm...
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by incogni2o: 8:40am On Sep 28, 2019
theButterfly:
Get professional help for him.

Pissing is a sign of .....This sleep is sooooooooo sweet .

Try to getvthe alarm.
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Eleniyan15: 8:41am On Sep 28, 2019
Please let him be with time he will stop
No cause for alarm
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by pheelz007(m): 8:41am On Sep 28, 2019
Same thing is happening to my cousin now. His bed wetting has reduced because I make sure I wake him up every night to use the toilet and since I have started that, it has reduced sometimes he will wake up himself to use the toilet.
Please help him. U don't want him to earn a reputation of a bed wetter in University. It is worst there

15 Likes

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by eikechukwu8(m): 8:42am On Sep 28, 2019
hmmmm dont know what to say

Anyway, check my signature
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by osayuwamwen(m): 8:43am On Sep 28, 2019
Just relax, it's normal, I stop bed wetting almost at the age of 18.

15 Likes

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Tocynone(m): 8:43am On Sep 28, 2019
Its as a result of a weak bladder. Pls let him see the doctor ASAP
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Nistfrank(m): 8:43am On Sep 28, 2019
I stoped bedwetin at 18 yrs, he will stop one day. pls dont think of operation, NATURE is the best surgeon

5 Likes

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by slawomir: 8:43am On Sep 28, 2019
Okay
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Katenavas(m): 8:43am On Sep 28, 2019
I stopped bedwetting in high school, no biggy about it, too much of play and water and also let him sleep early it help alot
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Abfinest007(m): 8:44am On Sep 28, 2019
he should start using Pappas bcuz at his age he should have stop
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by JUO(m): 8:44am On Sep 28, 2019
He is too comfortable at night, don't let him eat late. Disturb him at night to go pee, finally watch him at night once he is moving or turning wake him up he will stop
Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Solsix(m): 8:45am On Sep 28, 2019
This is where his problem lies, he is not ready to solve his problem. There is nothing u guys can do for him except putting him in prayer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Artzdanielsz(m): 8:45am On Sep 28, 2019
Chai I remembered when I dey piss like him but stop after sec school .make una chill he go soon stop. I dont even know how I stopped it.
My own was worse ,I dey bedwet around 5 am self ,if u see embarrassment ehhhh.I suffer for my people hand then.make una show him love nd relax for him biko I go soon stop it.it seems like ur bros plays a lot cos for me if I dey play dey piss for dream na so I dey piss for bed, and at times I go remember say na dream and jumped up to see fresh urine chai.I bedwet ehhhhhhhhh.

11 Likes

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by Vainglory: 8:45am On Sep 28, 2019
No need to panic. He will overcome it soon. Sometimes it is due to lack of control of the bladder muscles and sometimes it is purely psychological. I stopped bedwetting the day I entered boarding school just out of fear of being ridiculed the following morning.

4 Likes

Re: My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting by RealityShot: 8:47am On Sep 28, 2019
Opexzy:

taa!
I still bedwet whenever I drink too much water before sleeping and there is cold due to fan, ac or rain/open windows.

Take care of the problem, it's not spiritual or about age!
It's scientific.

Tell him to stop drinking lots of water from 6pm,
Make sure he sleeps with full thick clothes,
Make sure he's room is never cold, (
Turn off the fan and close the windows)

Good luck

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Baby Interrupting Parents During Sex / Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food / For MEN: When Last Did You Cry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.