Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,046 members, 7,838,644 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Why Are Degree Holders Poor? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Are Degree Holders Poor? (253 Views)

FG Apologises For Asking Bank Account Holders To Re-Register / FIRS Clarifies Directive On Self Certification Forms For Bank Account Holders. / Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Degree Holders Poor? by oldsol(m): 7:02am On Sep 28, 2019
Why are degree holders poor?

Gbenga Adeba cmbo(The Guardian)

“If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity, but you are not sure you can do it, say yes- then learn how to do it later!”- Richard Branson

SCHOOL rewards people for their memory. Life rewards people for their creativity and ability to solve problems.

School rewards caution, life rewards daring. School hails those who live by the rules, life exalts those who break the rules and set new ones.

Being top of your class does not necessarily guarantee that you would be at the top of life. The world is filled with poor graduates, but rich opportunists.

Kevin Ngo said: “If you don’t make the time to work on creating the life you want, you are eventually going to be forced to spend a lot of time dealing with a life you don’t want.”

Your certificates and degrees are meant to help you garner the experience and expertise needed to fulfill your dreams; they are not your destination.

I have watched pitiably many graduates with degrees and certificates languishing in poverty looking for jobs that don’t exist, while people with keen eyes for opportunities reach the pinnacle of success in the most unlikeliest of ways.

Do you have a graduate or degree holder around you that is poor? I bet you have, as they are everywhere.

I have a very painful truth to dish out to graduates out there: Your degree or certificate is not the cure to poverty; the cure to poverty is your ability to see and seize opportunities.

There are seven reasons why degree holders are poor.

#1 They Don’t Think Beyond Their Certificates
Albert Einstein said: “Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think.” Have you ever heard of the creativity term, “think outside the box?”

One of the major reasons why most graduates are poor is simply because they cannot see and think beyond their certificates. I have seen engineering graduates work as bankers.

I have seen medical doctors with great skills in web and graph

If you are tired of submitting job application and you are ready to push a legit business with little capital, lets talk ������ https:///2348157176150

1 Like

Re: Why Are Degree Holders Poor? by Bruno3000(m): 8:42am On Sep 28, 2019
Ma guy there are even poorer PhD holders. So keep ur question to urself and go hussle.

(1) (Reply)

Three (3) Scrap Vessels For Sale / MINI-IMPORTERS FROM CHINA NEEDED! / Don't Close That Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.