Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Bbnaija: The Injustice Of Tacha's Ouster - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bbnaija: The Injustice Of Tacha's Ouster (402 Views)

BBNaija: Nigerians Compares The Price Of Tacha’s Pant With Mercy’s Pant (Photos) / #bbnaija: More Photos Of Tacha's Burnt Knuckles Shocks Viewers (photos) / BBNaija: The Look On Anto's Face As Lolu Takes A Photo With A Fan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija: The Injustice Of Tacha's Ouster by NaijaTushboy(m): 11:38am On Sep 28, 2019
Let me confess that I don’t like watching BBN. There has never been a time, except on eviction nights and the finale, that I will wilfully settle down to watch the programme. However my female friends usually won’t let me rest with their fascination for the programme. Sometimes I just play along. Last night, I got four different messages indicating Tacha was disqualified. “Ki lo kan mi”, I muttered but I still pretended I follow the programme. To tell you how wretched my viewership is, the only names I vividly know are Seyi, Khafi and Tacha. I struggled to remember Gedoni. Since the internet was awash with Tacha’s disqualification, I scoured the web for news, gists and videos. What I discovered was overwhelming hatred or to put it mildly, distaste, for Tacha’s attitudes leading up to her ouster. It was celebration galore. I’m sure some people drank to it. Maybe some ladies excitedly decided to kiss their boyfriends for the first time too. Not that she doesn’t have her own supporters but they pale in comparison with her detractors. So I tried to catch up on some of her previous enfant terrible moments. She is a sicko. Ceecee was saucy but Tacha is toxic. I learned her reputation wasn’t helped by the dirt people dug from her background. I won’t go deep. Let’s just agree she’s bad. As bad as she is and having watched the blow by blow moments culminating in her disqualification, I believe she was singled out for that disqualification. Call me a Devil’s Advocate, I’m cool. It takes two to tango. She was having a shouting match with Mercy, a fans’ favourite. They were goading, yelling, insulting and swearing. Unprintable words were freely used. Check? House rules appear to allow yelling and insulting but they certainly prohibit violence which is defined as “behaviour involving physical force intended to hurt, damage or kill someone or something”. The opposite of violence is gentleness. Stop being a Tacha hater for a moment and take a dispassionate look at the two moments that Tacha pulled Mercy’s hair. Don’t just look at Tacha. Look at Mercy too. On the two occasions, she did 360 degree turns attempting to hurt Tacha on the face with her flailing braids. What if those braids slashed across Tacha’s face? In law, to constitute violence, attempt is enough. Do you know “assault” does not constitute actual physical contact? It is enough if you made a move causing the other person to reasonably have the apprehension or expectation of a blow or contact. The common one is attempting to slap someone and you withdraw your slap at the last moment (we call it “shak”) or the other person dodged your slap. You can be prosecuted for that and jailed. In law, actual touching in a violent manner is what is called “battery” or “assault occasioning harm” (if there are traumas in the victim’s body). Mercy also used violence by attempting to hurt Tacha with her braids having been seen to deliberately spurn 360 degrees twice towards Tacha. What could be more provocative than that? Meanwhile “provocation” is listed as one of the actions that could lead to automatic disqualification in the house rules. What could be more provocative than Mercy’s smart attempt to make Tacha throw caution to the winds? Provocation is, on the flip side of the coin, a defence to a criminal action where violence is involved. I don’t want to go to the body- shaming tirade concerning Tacha’s body odour. Most people will lose their cool if taunted as a stinker. Let’s focus on the Mercy’s violence taken side by side with Tacha’s violence. Ain’t they both guilty? Is it reasonable to pull the hair of someone who attempted to slash your face with her braids during a hot argument? Don’t you think Mercy too deserves to be disqualified? Be the judge. Tankio. LESSON: Always let a good reputation precede you. You’ll enjoy benefits of doubts.
Re: Bbnaija: The Injustice Of Tacha's Ouster by backnbeta(f): 11:51am On Sep 28, 2019
I don't watch bb shows, but I read about it everywhere, especially on nairaland. I may not be able to comment on the fight because I didn't watch it, but from what I've read so far, telling someone she stinks, openly, during an argument and on a national TV will trigger some anger buttons and I feel bad for the Tacha gurl! Mercy needs to apologise to that girl from the depth of her heart...not going to be easy for her to get over that shame!

(1) (Reply)

October 1st Photos With Photography Enthusiast, Vickyjay Omale / The moment 9ice Received Help During Plane Turbulence (photos and video) / Dstv Media Tour: #tacha Reunites With #mercy, Hug Each Other [photos/video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.