Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Help:there Is A Sharp Reduction In My Layers Egg Production - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help:there Is A Sharp Reduction In My Layers Egg Production (871 Views)

Can Someone Help Me Increase My Layers Egg Size. / Buhari Orders Reduction In Price Of Fertilizer From N5,500 To N5000 / My Dominant Brown Layers Egg Production Increases From 37% To 87% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help:there Is A Sharp Reduction In My Layers Egg Production by kaysco: 1:08pm On Sep 28, 2019
Hello experienced poultry farmers. I am currently experiencing a rapid reduction in my layers egg production.
It all started five days ago. They usually produce up to 6 crates per day. But 5 days ago it dropped to 5 crates and 7 pieces of eggs. The following day they produce 4 crates and 27. The following day again they produce 4 and half crates. Also the following day they produce exactly four crates. But as at today they have not even produce two crates. The thing is just getting worse day in day out. I will need your kind suggestion concerning this. They are currently on medication. I started giving them doxygen yesterday.
Re: Help:there Is A Sharp Reduction In My Layers Egg Production by healthserve(m): 1:09pm On Sep 28, 2019
Hmm
Re: Help:there Is A Sharp Reduction In My Layers Egg Production by Davash222(m): 1:27pm On Sep 28, 2019
The layers are heading to menopause.

1 Like

Re: Help:there Is A Sharp Reduction In My Layers Egg Production by Patented: 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2019
if you changed your feed source of water source, that could be the cause issues. alsoo if you recently vaccinated.

in the absence of that ask your feed miller whether he changed any of the ingredients or the sources of the ingredients.

Is their feed and water consumption still the same.

In the absence of any of the changes mentioned get a vet
Re: Help:there Is A Sharp Reduction In My Layers Egg Production by okoroemeka(m): 7:42pm On Sep 28, 2019
if your birds are not heading to old layer check this things,did you change the feed?if not,then get oxytetracycline and mix with Amin total and give in water for at least 3-4 days,the eggs will come back,but a warning the eggs that they lay during that medication can be slightly bitter.
Re: Help:there Is A Sharp Reduction In My Layers Egg Production by kaysco: 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2019
Davash222:

I don't think so because they have not even reached up to one year of laying
Re: Help:there Is A Sharp Reduction In My Layers Egg Production by Simplecity(m): 8:24pm On Sep 28, 2019
Davash222:
LWKMD!!!....HAQ HAQ HAQ HAQ HAQ
Re: Help:there Is A Sharp Reduction In My Layers Egg Production by lady25(f): 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2019
kaysco:
Hello experienced poultry farmers. I am currently experiencing a rapid reduction in my layers egg production.
It all started five days ago. They usually produce up to 6 crates per day. But 5 days ago it dropped to 5 crates and 7 pieces of eggs. The following day they produce 4 crates and 27. The following day again they produce 4 and half crates. Also the following day they produce exactly four crates. But as at today they have not even produce two crates. The thing is just getting worse day in day out. I will need your kind suggestion concerning this. They are currently on medication. I started giving them doxygen yesterday.

The most likely suspect is lice/worms. You won’t see any sign of disease in the chickens. They will be looking very healthy and eating well but sharp reduction in production. Go to any large vetinary shop and ask for a strong lice(ectoparasite)/worm drug. You should see a sharp increase in two days
Re: Help:there Is A Sharp Reduction In My Layers Egg Production by okoroemeka(m): 9:08pm On Sep 28, 2019
lady25:

The most likely suspect is lice/worms. You won’t see any sign of disease in the chickens. They will be looking very healthy and eating well but sharp reduction in production. Go to any large vetinary shop and ask for a strong lice(ectoparasite)/worm drug. You should see a sharp increase in two days
yes this is another angle to the problem look for ivermectin based dewormer it clears internal and external lice,etc
Re: Help:there Is A Sharp Reduction In My Layers Egg Production by kaysco: 10:36pm On Sep 28, 2019
Patented:
if you changed your feed source of water source, that could be the cause issues. alsoo if you recently vaccinated.

in the absence of that ask your feed miller whether he changed any of the ingredients or the sources of the ingredients.

Is their feed and water consumption still the same.

In the absence of any of the changes mentioned get a vet

I didnt change the feed source. I dont think the feed is the problem. I'm using chikum feed.
Feed and water consumption is the same
Re: Help:there Is A Sharp Reduction In My Layers Egg Production by kaysco: 10:38pm On Sep 28, 2019
okoroemeka:
if your birds are not heading to old layer check this things,did you change the feed?if not,then get oxytetracycline and mix with Amin total and give in water for at least 3-4 days,the eggs will come back,but a warning the eggs that they lay during that medication can be slightly bitter.

OK. Thanks for your suggestion
Re: Help:there Is A Sharp Reduction In My Layers Egg Production by kaysco: 10:44pm On Sep 28, 2019
lady25:

That's what my mind is telling me. But i was told worm can't cause sharp reduction in layers production. I don't know how true is that
Re: Help:there Is A Sharp Reduction In My Layers Egg Production by kaysco: 10:47pm On Sep 28, 2019
okoroemeka:
yes this is another angle to the problem look for ivermectin based dewormer it clears internal and external lice,etc

Alright. Thanks for your suggestion.
Re: Help:there Is A Sharp Reduction In My Layers Egg Production by lady25(f): 11:47am On Sep 29, 2019
kaysco:

That's what my mind is telling me. But i was told worm can't cause sharp reduction in layers production. I don't know how true is that
external lice causes it. I have had this problem before It is called yoro in Yoruba language
Re: Help:there Is A Sharp Reduction In My Layers Egg Production by ositexmich(m): 8:02pm On Sep 29, 2019
I need the supply of eggs. 1000crates weekly around Akure.

(1) (Reply)

Earn Up To 50% Return On Your Farm Cultivation / Maize And Soya / Cassava Flour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.