Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,618 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa (28997 Views)

David Lyon Declared Winner Of Bayelsa Governorship Election / Bayelsa Election: David Lyon Leads Duoye Diri With 434,473 Votes - TVC News / Crowd Welcome Godswill Akpabio In Akwa Ibom With Brooms (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by bixton(m): 8:36pm On Sep 28, 2019
SoNature:

I have lived in Yenagoa so I understand their politics. I think there are two answrs to that question:

1. There are few jobs in Bayelsa, so almost every Bayelsa man depends on the state government to dash them money every month. On countless number of occasions, Governor Dickson would go on Bayelsa Radio to call his people"lazy." No, I didn't make that up.

It's a fact. He would often wonder why most businesspeople, Keke riders, cab drivers and all hustlers are never ever Bayelsa people. There are lots of Deltans, Yorubas, Igbos and Hausas in hustling in the state. They do menial jobs their people rarely do.

Given that everyone looks up to the government, their civil service is bloated. I was at their tax office to pay taxes a couple of times, they weren't doing anything but gist, gist and gist. With lots of women chewing bubble gums while the men discuss politics and football. grin But the good part is that they will attend to you asap.

2. Bayelsa has a mjaor problem of underground water polution and unstable Earth surface. For instance, if you want to sink a borehole in Lagos, it may cost 600k.

If you want to carry out the same project in Bayelsa, it may cost you 1.2m or more. The reason is that they don't have clean water. [/b]After sinking boreholes, it will have to undergo series of purification processes to sieve off oil contaminants.

When I was there, most of their bottled wter and satched water came from neighboring states like Delta, Rivers and Imo States.

[b]The same applies to road construction. They spend huge sums of money sandfilling their lands even before the main road construction kicks off.

While there is no justification for owing salaries, these are the most obvious reasons.

Also, there may be other reasons why Bayelsa is a peculiar state.

Yes, I know because I lived at Akenfa III grin

It appears you came and stayed in bayelsa during the dark ages and when Abacha was Head of State.
The bolds are all very very false or probably the persons you know have been cheated continuously.
Yes, pure water/bottle water comes from neighbours states because of demand but there are a few companies who are into the same business and most are indigenous.
Ground water is not polluted by oil and there's no such thing as unstable earth. How and where you get that information, I wonder.
Lagos was entirely a swampy and water logged land but all that changed due to good leadership and foresight. They never complained about spending money to bring the needed meaningful development the state needs.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by Clean2016: 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2019
izzou:

Umar yaradua ruled from 1999 to 2007. He was in PDP

Ibrahim Shema ruled from 2007 to 2015. He was in PDP.

As much as you may not understand my point, please say something else instead of this

You reset the boy brain with good reason. I just tire for the kind of people we have in this country.

Am sure he's still confused

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by Elliot2(m): 8:51pm On Sep 28, 2019
I will personally vote APC to spite pdp

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by CanadaOrBust: 8:52pm On Sep 28, 2019
festacman:

Double crossing his godfather was the best thing God used Ngige to do for Anambra people. Without that, Anambra would have been worse than Abia State today. Godfathers usually take Anambra State money from SOURCE i.e. CBN before Ngige betrayed them for the good of Anambra State.

Except, he didn’t do it for Anambra people. The political landscape is littered with politicians who did same - they do it because of power, not out of any public altruism. Politicians, once in power, hate answering to some godfather
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by Lamasta(m): 9:41pm On Sep 28, 2019
Initial gra gra, time will tell
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by coconat(m): 9:45pm On Sep 28, 2019
JONA WANTED ALAIBE ALSO because ALAIBE HAPPENS 2 B D PPLES CHOICE. TRUTH B TOLD,DICKSONS ANOINTED CANDIDATE CANT WIN COME NOV 16TH. A LOT OF BAYELSANS SEE DOUYE DIRI AS A BAD MARKET 4 PDP. I DOUBT IF DT CROWD WAS RENTED WE V NOT SEEN ANY1 DECAMPING FROM APC 2 PDP. BUT A LOT OF DECAMPEES FROM PDP 2 APC. EVEN D FOUNDIN FADAS OF PDP IN BAYELSA R DECAMPIN. JONA HAS BEEN SILENCE ALL THESE WHILE CANT SAY MORE 4 NOW
glink2015:
Shey nah only his own town go vote for him...
He shld join force with timi alaibe to send that monster and his anointed son away from yenagoa...
GEJ political revelance is not felt anymore in bayelsa... What a pity!

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by stonemasonn: 10:05pm On Sep 28, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Lol. “Like Chris Ngige did in Anambra State”. Hehehe. Bad joke
are you from Anambra?
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by coconat(m): 10:06pm On Sep 28, 2019
ALAIBE because OF HIS POPULARITY WOULD HAVE DONE D MAGIC FOR PDP AND HE HAS JONATHANS SUPPORT BUT DICKSON INSISTED IT HAS 2 B DIRI . PDP HAS LOST THIS ONE. 4GET THOSE TELLING U BAYELSA HAS BN PDP. WE KNOW, AM A BAYELSAN PDP WIL FAIL JUST SAMPLE OPINION 4 YOURSELF IF U RESIDE IN BAYELSA..
Libatine:

Alaibe cannot be Governor in Bayelsa now. No body believes in him due to his unstable attitude.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by coconat(m): 10:14pm On Sep 28, 2019
[b]BROS ALAIBE HAS BEEN DECAMPING BUT WHO AND WHAT INFLUENCED D DELEGATES 2 CAST DER VOTES 4 DIRI NA WHO WIN PRIMARY B D ISSUE NO B WHO DECAMP OR WHO NO DECAMP I BEG. ABI NA D ELECTORATES DEY VOTE DURING PRIMARIES?[i][/i][/b]
Libatine:
I just hope Alaibe will be calm & learn fast. In Bayelsa, when you decamp 2much, U're tagged Unserious.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by Yusman316(m): 10:16pm On Sep 28, 2019
kelvinginzie:

So why can't Pdp be tried in Kastina state?
Actually PDP has been tried in every state of Nigeria, with the exception of Lagos and Borno state if I'm not mistaking
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by Caseless: 10:42pm On Sep 28, 2019
kelvinginzie:

how old are you? Katsina was under PDP for 16 years. Opposition got the state in 2015. Do you know yaradua emerged flagbearer of the pdp in 2007 while he was the governor of katsina state.

You should use Yobe and Borno in your example.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by CanadaOrBust: 12:39am On Sep 29, 2019
stonemasonn:
are you from Anambra?

R u a free mason?
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by Leonardo1809(m): 12:42am On Sep 29, 2019
Shey did one that cannot beat nice this afternoon
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by Shoejob: 4:16am On Sep 29, 2019
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by contigiency(m): 6:56am On Sep 29, 2019
kelvinginzie:

So you don't know that PDP has been ruling Katsina state until recently?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshiomhole, Obaseki And Timaya At APC Celebration Party / Melaye Prepares Cyberstalling Case Against Sahara Reporters, Publisher In NY / Plateau Attacks: CAN Condemns Killing Of 25 Fulani Travellers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.