Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,325 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa (28993 Views)

David Lyon Declared Winner Of Bayelsa Governorship Election / Bayelsa Election: David Lyon Leads Duoye Diri With 434,473 Votes - TVC News / Crowd Welcome Godswill Akpabio In Akwa Ibom With Brooms (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by mechanics(m): 4:06pm On Sep 28, 2019
Crowd does not matter, we saw that in the last presidential election.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by osuofia2(m): 4:08pm On Sep 28, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
We are taking over the OIL RICH BAYELSA State..

Wicked soul, you are not concern about good governance but ur party taking over

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by CanadaOrBust: 4:09pm On Sep 28, 2019
festacman:

Thousands of people depend on government treasury as means of livelihood. It is difficult unless somebody shows up to at least alter the narratives in favour of development like Chris Ngige did in Anambra State.

Lol. “Like Chris Ngige did in Anambra State”. Hehehe. Bad joke

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by eenai(m): 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2019
For now, I stand with David Lyon. Dickson and his cohorts are enemies of the state. Lyon Alua!

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by Didi2d(m): 4:17pm On Sep 28, 2019
izzou:

Umar yaradua ruled from 1999 to 2007. He was in PDP

Ibrahim Shema ruled from 2007 to 2015. He was in PDP.

As much as you may not understand my point, please say something else instead of this

I respect you and I respect your response, some people just type without good knowledge of what's been discussed

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by festacman(m): 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Lol. “Like Chris Ngige did in Anambra State”. Hehehe. Bad joke
Not a bad joke. Bayelsa needs a stubborn man who will call the bluff of the entrenched interests and kick off an era of using Bayelsa money to develop Bayelsa.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by SoNature(m): 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2019
Bolustical:
Bayelsa is supposed to be like the Singapore of Nigeria.

Just 8 local governments, small population, huge allocations.

But no, it's still this bad leadership. Can't still understand why their governors owe salaries.

I have lived in Yenagoa so I understand their politics. I think there are two answrs to that question:

1. There are few jobs in Bayelsa, so almost every Bayelsa man depends on the state government to dash them money every month. On countless number of occasions, Governor Dickson would go on Bayelsa Radio to call his people"lazy." No, I didn't make that up.

It's a fact. He would often wonder why most businesspeople, Keke riders, cab drivers and all hustlers are never ever Bayelsa people. There are lots of Deltans, Yorubas, Igbos and Hausas in hustling in the state. They do menial jobs their people rarely do.

Given that everyone looks up to the government, their civil service is bloated. I was at their tax office to pay taxes a couple of times, they weren't doing anything but gist, gist and gist. With lots of women chewing bubble gums while the men discuss politics and football. grin But the good part is that they will attend to you asap.

2. Bayelsa has a mjaor problem of underground water polution and unstable Earth surface. For instance, if you want to sink a borehole in Lagos, it may cost 600k.

If you want to carry out the same project in Bayelsa, it may cost you 1.2m or more. The reason is that they don't have clean water. After sinking boreholes, it will have to undergo series of purification processes to sieve off oil contaminants.

When I was there, most of their bottled wter and satched water came from neighboring states like Delta, Rivers and Imo States.

The same applies to road construction. They spend huge sums of money sandfilling their lands even before the main road construction kicks off.

While there is no justification for owing salaries, these are the most obvious reasons.

Also, there may be other reasons why Bayelsa is a peculiar state.

Yes, I know because I lived at Akenfa III grin

5 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by firo08(m): 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2019
Is it the Lyon that cut my bet?
Lyon gonna loose

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by moonbender(m): 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2019
emmanuel4758:
Lyon ?
Yes!
David Lyon Balogun

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by CanadaOrBust: 4:41pm On Sep 28, 2019
festacman:

Not a bad joke. Bayelsa needs a stubborn man who will call the bluff of the entrenched interests and kick off an era of using Bayelsa money to develop Bayelsa.

Ngige double crossed his godfather on their sworn agreement. That’s all. Does not equate anything u said
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by sambrow(m): 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2019
izzou:
Bayelsa has all it takes to be the "Dubai" of Nigeria

Such large allocation, with less population, yet they are the modern definition of living in abject poverty

Abeg Lyon should be tried jare...

I agree with you

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by heckymaicon(m): 4:53pm On Sep 28, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

can you imagine your comment? read it again and ask yourself if you have any sense.

You're a disgrace to yourself, your family, and your state.

GOD PUNISH BOTH APC & PDP
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by Afamed: 5:20pm On Sep 28, 2019
kelvinginzie:

So why can't Pdp be tried in Kastina state?
PDP governed Katsina for 16 years. 1999 -2015

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by Bluntemperor: 5:22pm On Sep 28, 2019
Some people said Nigerians are insatiable people and I ask why?. Because Nigerians want the best of life as they see countries not having up to 10℅of their resources swimming in opulence.imagine a small State like Bayelsa,wt small Population,high Revenue from Federal Allocation and a State that Produced one of the President of Nigeria,yet the State can't boast of 24hours light.Yet some youths are sold dummy by their leaders to be carrying guns and bombs while the children of their elites are enjoying their resources abroad.lazy youths not asking and quarrying their leaders-why are Salaries still being owed in Bayelsa.? The same problems are being rigged over by both present and past leaders.Too Shameful!!.Let's welcome Seyi Makinde of Oyo to help Bayelsa-cut the Budget to half,make 10%education provisions for all Balyelsians in their budget as directed by UNESCO,increase Gratuity and Pensions,welcome the best hands to run the State irrespective of party afflictions.Pay and increase Scholarship to its citizens.What else can a Governor offers his people?. Balyelsians over to you o.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by festacman(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Ngige double crossed his godfather on their sworn agreement. That’s all. Does not equate anything u said
Double crossing his godfather was the best thing God used Ngige to do for Anambra people. Without that, Anambra would have been worse than Abia State today. Godfathers usually take Anambra State money from SOURCE i.e. CBN before Ngige betrayed them for the good of Anambra State.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by Eteka1(m): 5:36pm On Sep 28, 2019
IamR:

I would have agreed to this quote if Alaibe had won the primary, from the looks of things we are still watching all the candidates. Douye Diri is not our choice.
Dickson is feeling like an emperor these days, he wants to be the undisputed political godfather of Bayelsa.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by April4th(m): 5:38pm On Sep 28, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

In your dreams
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 28, 2019
Shey nah only his own town go vote for him...
He shld join force with timi alaibe to send that monster and his anointed son away from yenagoa...
GEJ political revelance is not felt anymore in bayelsa... What a pity!
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by Pavarottii(m): 6:07pm On Sep 28, 2019
izzou:

Such large allocation, with less population, yet they are the modern definition of living in abject poverty

And Nigeria don't av all it takes abi? See ur mouth.,, state that was formed in 1996.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by webngnews: 6:12pm On Sep 28, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by Opinedecandid(m): 6:18pm On Sep 28, 2019
kelvinginzie:

Don't mind them.
Hypocrites.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by Libatine: 6:18pm On Sep 28, 2019
IamR:
The people wanted Alaibe, Dickson gave us Douye Diri, let's see how Dickson will do it.
Alaibe cannot be Governor in Bayelsa now. No body believes in him due to his unstable attitude.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by duality(m): 6:23pm On Sep 28, 2019
Bolustical:
Bayelsa is supposed to be like the Singapore of Nigeria.

Just 8 local governments, small population, huge allocations.

But no, it's still this bad leadership. Can't still understand why their governors owe salaries.

The problem I have with some of you is that you don't agree that we have bad leadership in Abuja and shouldn't have been allowed to continue beyond 2015.

Yet keep saying they have bad leadership in Bayelsa.

That's nonsense.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by Libatine: 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2019
I just hope Alaibe will be calm & learn fast. In Bayelsa, when you decamp 2much, U're tagged Unserious.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by Shalom043(m): 6:39pm On Sep 28, 2019
Any state that is badly governed should apply to Ebonyians for the release of David Umahi for them just Two years. Give Dave Akwa Ibom, Lagos or Rivers and see wonders in Nigeria. Give him Bayelsa and see miracle.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by MrSquint: 6:40pm On Sep 28, 2019
Anything but Dickson's Diri is highly welcome pls.
Bayelsa State is in dire need of help, Dickson and his greed has brought in abject poverty in the land. No bursary for student, no timely payment of civil servants salaries, in fact their salaries have been dwindling since he became governor, no pension or gratuity has even been paid.

Dickson should leave already
Bayelsa State no be only Dickson get am
Somebody should help us ask him what has the present speaker of BSHA done to deserve a step down.

Dickson must be verified
Lyon we want direly

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by JimohMomoh: 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2019
SoNature:

I have lived in Yenagoa so I understand their politics. I think there are two answrs to that question:

1. There are few jobs in Bayelsa, so almost every Bayelsa man depends on the state government to dash them money every month. On countless number of occasions, Governor Dickson would go on Bayelsa Radio to call his people"lazy." No, I didn't make that up.

It's a fact. He would often wonder why most businesspeople, Keke riders, cab drivers and all hustlers are never ever Bayelsa people. There are lots of Deltans, Yorubas, Igbos and Hausas in hustling in the state. They do menial jobs their people rarely do.

Given that everyone looks up to the government, their civil service is bloated. I was at their tax office to pay taxes a couple of times, they weren't doing anything but gist, gist and gist. With lots of women chewing bubble gums while the men discuss politics and football. grin But the good part is that they will attend to you asap.

2. Bayelsa has a mjaor problem of underground water polution and unstable Earth surface. For instance, if you want to sink a borehole in Lagos, it may cost 600k.

If you want to carry out the same project in Bayelsa, it may cost you 1.2m or more. The reason is that they don't have clean water. After sinking boreholes, it will have to undergo series of purification processes to sieve off oil contaminants.

When I was there, most of their bottled wter and satched water came from neighboring states like Delta, Rivers and Imo States.

The same applies to road construction. They spend huge sums of money sandfilling their lands even before the main road construction kicks off.

While there is no justification for owing salaries, these are the most obvious reasons.

Also, there may be other reasons why Bayelsa is a peculiar state.

Yes, I know because I lived at Akenfa III grin

The points you mentioned are not perculiar to Bayelsa, even Qatar, Dubai, Bahrain etc also face similar challenging environment.
Dubai has a sparce desert land with extreme temperatures and unstable sandy soil, it's citizens don't work but rely on foreigners to do most of their work, same with Qatar.
The difference b/w them and Bayelsa is they are blessed with good leaders with vision.
They rarely steal their commonwealth to keep in overseas.

Indegenes of Qatar and UAE are paid monthly salary if you are not working and many don't work. They are also highly educated.

Bayelsa only need corruption free leaders with vision and roadmap to govern for sustained period and everything will fall into place.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by kingkhan(m): 7:07pm On Sep 28, 2019
kelvinginzie:

it was tried for 16 years. umaru musa 8 yrs 1999-2007 and ibrahim shema another 8 yrs 2007-2015 still no positive result.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by CaptainFM1: 7:27pm On Sep 28, 2019
izzou:

I cannot remember the first politician that used "Dubai" to deceive us. Are my people still falling for "I will turn ......state to Dubai in 4years" We need to embrace reality.
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by udemzyudex(m): 8:04pm On Sep 28, 2019
Crowd for naija election? Lol u be jjc?
Re: Bayelsa Governorship: Crowd Welcome David Lyon To Bayelsa by Afamed: 8:13pm On Sep 28, 2019
Opinedecandid:

Don't mind them.
Hypocrites.
And two of Una don't know PDP was in power for 16 years in Katsina state?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lawyers Protest Against Sanwo-Olu Presiding Over Judicial Panel Of Enquiry / Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge / Traders Protest Boko Haram Prisoners’ Transfer To Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.