Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,486 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Benue-born Corps Member Donates Portable Borehole To Akwa Ibom Community (pix) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Benue-born Corps Member Donates Portable Borehole To Akwa Ibom Community (pix) (1187 Views)

NYSC Member Donates 10 Months Allowance As Scholarship To Student (pix) / Bodies Of 5 Corpers Who Died In Accident Flown To Akwa Ibom For Burial (Photos) / Youth Corper, Bayo Ogunmola Dies In Car Crash While Returning To Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue-born Corps Member Donates Portable Borehole To Akwa Ibom Community (pix) by owukpa(m): 5:10pm On Sep 28, 2019
Benue State-born Blessing Ene Ameh, a corps member serving in Akwa Ibom State, has donated a portable borehole to Ikot Okubo community.

The project was commissioned on Friday, September 27, 2019 amid applause and accolades.

Speaking with [url]WWW.IDOMAVOICE.COM[/url], Miss Ameh, who finished from the Department of Educational Foundations (Pre-primary and Primary Education) of the Benue State University, with second class upper division, said her decision to embark on the project was informed by the hospitality of her host community.

The Owukpa-born damsel said she was pained that the community hitherto lacked good source of water supply, which is one of the essential commodities to human being.

She shares the story of her humanitarian efforts below.

Can we meet you?

My name is Ameh Blessing Ene, state code: AK/18c/2610, serving in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
I am from Benue State, Owukpa in Ogbadibo LGA. I graduated from Benue State University, Makurdi, Department of Educational Foundations (Pre-primary and Primary Education) with second class upper division.

What informed the project?
This project was inspired by the experience I had when I chose Ikot Okubo as my settlement. I was warmly welcomed, cared for, and above all, loved as one of their own. In this regard, I thought within me, how could I reciprocate their kind gesture and hospitality.

I was able to identify a common problem that affected the people of Ikot Okubo community; the lack of good source of water supply, which is one of the essential commodities to human being.

It was on this ground that I decided to take up the challenge to provide a permanent and lasting water solution to the people I have come to live with, and love. I believe this was my little way of keying into the DAKADDA philosophy of His, Excellency, Mr udom Gabriel Emmanuel.

Although, at first, it appeared a difficult project to embark on personally, especially after evaluating the cost of execution, and the stress I would undergo.

However, on a second thought, I figured nothing could measure up to the love I received here than the ultimate reciprocation of love- in form of a project that would not only improve the lives of these ordinary people, but leave a lasting impression of my time here.

As a country, we need national unity , and as a people, we need to practice love and kindness.

How did you fund the project?
The community, individuals, churches, and government bodies in the state, Ministry of Economic Development and Ibom Deep Seaport.

What were the challenges in the course of this project?
My major challenge was finance. I actually started since February. I gave up at a point but still I have to keep pushing n thank God it is a success now.

What message do you have for other corps members out there?
I want to charge my fellow corps members to be impactful within this one year of national assignment and if possible leave their places of primary call a better place than they met it.

Nevertheless, let use this opportunity to thank the almighty God for using me to be a blessing to Ikot Okubo people and also to acknowledge the contributions of the following persons: the Hon. Commissioner- Ministry of Economic Development and Ibom Deep Seaport, Mr Akan OkonThe Permanent Secretary- Ministry of Economic Development and Ibom Deep Seaport, Mr Effiong, Ekpenyong.

Immediate Past Permanent Secretary- Ministry of Economic Development and Ibom Deep Seaport- Dr Iniobong AwakEngr Etim. Eyotte- NDDC Directors/ Heads of Department- Ministry of Economic Development and Ibom Deep Seaport.The schedule Officer Directorate of Statistics- Ministry of Economic Development and Ibom Deep Seaport, Staff of Data Room Ministry of Economic Development and Ibom Deep Seaport, NYSC staff as well as fellow corps members.

Source......http://www.idomavoice.com/2019/09/benue-born-corps-members-donates-portable-borehole-to-akwa-ibom-community-photos.html

Seun, lalasticlala

Re: Benue-born Corps Member Donates Portable Borehole To Akwa Ibom Community (pix) by Flexherbal(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2019
Very laudable !
Re: Benue-born Corps Member Donates Portable Borehole To Akwa Ibom Community (pix) by Amehdan(m): 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2019
Nice one
Re: Benue-born Corps Member Donates Portable Borehole To Akwa Ibom Community (pix) by Ukamlinus36(m): 9:58am On Oct 01, 2019
BSU alumnus and my course mate; more grease to your elbows and make us proud.
Re: Benue-born Corps Member Donates Portable Borehole To Akwa Ibom Community (pix) by prophetic69(m): 6:06pm On Oct 03, 2019
I wish them go just give you automatic employment for your effort.

(1) (Reply)

2011 Nysc Batch B Info For Foreign Trained Graduates / Asthmatic Prospective NYSC Member Need Advice / Shell Petroleum Youth Empowerment Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.