Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Drop Your Advice Here For Those Travelling Home In Nigeria For Christmas - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Drop Your Advice Here For Those Travelling Home In Nigeria For Christmas (594 Views)

For Those Travelling Abroad, Police Clearance Check Hiked By 700% / Prayer For Those Travelling And Intending To Travel / Family Die In Accident On Benin/Auchi Express, Traveling For Christmas. Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drop Your Advice Here For Those Travelling Home In Nigeria For Christmas by tpiar: 6:34pm On Sep 28, 2019
personally, I'm more interested in seeing Nigerians' reactions to halloween, I find the skits so entertaining.

But for those do who Christmas, can we have some advice for the many travellers in Nigeria.
Re: Drop Your Advice Here For Those Travelling Home In Nigeria For Christmas by nlPoster: 7:04pm On Sep 28, 2019
Re: Drop Your Advice Here For Those Travelling Home In Nigeria For Christmas by EXLOVER(m): 1:23am On Sep 29, 2019
Etid
Re: Drop Your Advice Here For Those Travelling Home In Nigeria For Christmas by babythug(f): 8:03am On Sep 29, 2019
The country is very hard!

As much as is within your power to be generous buy gifts for friends and relations!

Be kind and considerate don’t flaunt your abroad status unnecessarily.

Be considerate to your hosts, they may want to leave generators running for longer hours because you’re visiting from abroad, offer to buy fuel and actuallly buy as much as you can!

Buy things like tea, soap, spices, shampoo bits and bobs that will be useful and leave lasting impressions in the minds of recipients.

Limit your waka waka to important places only! Be security conscious and if possible have your enjoyment sessions in the house you’re staying and not in hotel lobbies where you can be easily
Identified as the heaviest spender or the one from abroad

For the men be particularly careful about the ladies you engage for intimacy especially when they are random hook ups and online transactions.

Ensure you tip the domestic staff who look after you - the maid or driver of the house. Not excessively but show that you appreciate the extra mile they’ve gone to make you comfortable.

Avoid whining about the heat, bad roads or this or that. We already know and it’s the same
Country you originated from and lived before you became an abroadian.

Moderation is the key!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drop Your Advice Here For Those Travelling Home In Nigeria For Christmas by Zikora1000(f): 8:11am On Sep 29, 2019
lalasticlala, this should hit the front page. those that travelled home almost killed me with their bad driving last Christmas, I want this year to be better. please, let down your pride and go for driving class. drive more carefully this year. those music you guys love blasting when you enter Igbo land like ' inaghi afu dimkpa, Inu isi ego, overtaking is allowed will not help you if you kill or injure someone but if you want ije owelle, pls drive carefully. I wish you all a safe trip.
Re: Drop Your Advice Here For Those Travelling Home In Nigeria For Christmas by Kalapizim(m): 9:12am On Sep 29, 2019
Word of advice ! Stay where you are if it is not mandatory to travel home for Christmas. A lot of things are happening and it is just the special grace of God keeping us.
Re: Drop Your Advice Here For Those Travelling Home In Nigeria For Christmas by nlPoster: 11:36am On Sep 29, 2019
Moderator, kindly remove that insultive comment. I reported it but it needs to be deleted completely.

It's unfortunate people have to learn manners they lack, on the internet. The vulgarity, foul mouthed uncouthness is just something else, I cant figure out why folks here seem so proud of it. They dont know how to converse (it's a lost art), but they aren't aware of this.

That's very bad.

1 Like

Re: Drop Your Advice Here For Those Travelling Home In Nigeria For Christmas by nlPoster: 11:37am On Sep 29, 2019
babythug:
The country is very hard!

As much as is within your power to be generous buy gifts for friends and relations!

Be kind and considerate don’t flaunt your abroad status unnecessarily.

Be considerate to your hosts, they may want to leave generators running for longer hours because you’re visiting from abroad, offer to buy fuel and actuallly buy as much as you can!

Buy things like tea, soap, spices, shampoo bits and bobs that will be useful and leave lasting impressions in the minds of recipients.

Limit your waka waka to important places only! Be security conscious and if possible have your

You didn't finish the post.
Re: Drop Your Advice Here For Those Travelling Home In Nigeria For Christmas by babythug(f): 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2019
nairalandposter:

You didn't finish the post.

I will, got my hands kinda full
Re: Drop Your Advice Here For Those Travelling Home In Nigeria For Christmas by seunny4lif(m): 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2019
Home?
Buy a bulletproof car angry angry angry
Our highway roads are dangerous now
Be careful of the men in uniform because they are not so different from Armed robbers
Don't showoff
Be security wise

1 Like

Re: Drop Your Advice Here For Those Travelling Home In Nigeria For Christmas by babythug(f): 9:55am On Dec 04, 2019

(1) (Reply)

4 Hours From Iju To Ibadan By Train: Journey Of Comfort And Pain / How Can I Get To Edwin Clark University / If You Are In Uyo Akwa Ibom Read Very Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.