Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

CHRISTIANITY, A Yardstick To Measure Immorality??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CHRISTIANITY, A Yardstick To Measure Immorality??? (400 Views)

Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take / Three Powerful Atheists Who Converted To Christianity, A Must Read / What's The Yardstick For Interpreting The Christian Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CHRISTIANITY, A Yardstick To Measure Immorality??? by tomtween1(m): 6:51pm On Sep 28, 2019
Hello everyone

I recalled a sad experience I had with a friend from another faith while I was in school and I've decided to share to see if anyone has any similar experience too.

I schooled in a Northern Nigerian state owned university.
I had this close friend of mine whom I'll call Musa (not his real name)

In 2016, Musa and I were having a conversation and he said something that made me sad then and still saddens me each time I remember.

Musa was telling me how wayward his cousin sister now is, that she dresses so bad that she now exposes her body so much.

Musa then went on to say, "the way she dresses now is so wayward that even a Christian won't dress that way"

I quietly asked myself if Christianity is now the yardstick to measure immorality

I felt really bad because this is truly how most people from other religions genuinely see Christians.

If we truly want to follow Jesus, let it reflect in our character, dressing, speech, relationship and everything. Let people truly see Jesus in us. Jesus is all we have, we shouldn't soil his name and make it synonymous to scanty dressings and indecent lifestyles.

I beg all in Jesus' name

"please don't be the reason why Christianity is used as a yardstick to measure immorality!!"

I pray God will help us all in Jesus name

If you've ever had a similar experience please share...

Thank you and God bless you
Re: CHRISTIANITY, A Yardstick To Measure Immorality??? by NaijaTushboy(m): 6:53pm On Sep 28, 2019
God doesn't look at the outward appearance,and i don't think dressing half naked is a sin or pls can you show me where it is written in the bible?
Re: CHRISTIANITY, A Yardstick To Measure Immorality??? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 28, 2019
everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion. I don't blame your so called friend because that is what he has been told
Re: CHRISTIANITY, A Yardstick To Measure Immorality??? by hakeem4(m): 7:24pm On Sep 28, 2019
like someone said claiming you are moral because you believe in god is just like saying you are an economist because you play monopoly
Re: CHRISTIANITY, A Yardstick To Measure Immorality??? by nlPoster: 7:42pm On Sep 28, 2019
And the person who said she grew up listening to her folks curse Christians and Christianity every single morning, what should we say to that?

She said it was like a ritualistic morning devotion followed with dedication, every morning, curse Christians then enjoy the rest of your day.

Not sure if you'd get my point?

But if you're sad or moody, perhaps you should see if there might be other reasons besides the way people dress.
Re: CHRISTIANITY, A Yardstick To Measure Immorality??? by tomtween1(m): 8:06pm On Sep 28, 2019
NaijaTushboy:
God doesn't look at the outward appearance,and i don't think dressing half naked is a sin or pls can you show me where it is written in the bible?

you miss the point my fellow pilgrim
Re: CHRISTIANITY, A Yardstick To Measure Immorality??? by tomtween1(m): 8:11pm On Sep 28, 2019
Oma307:
everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion. I don't blame your so called friend because that is what he has been told

not just what he has been told but what he has seen...

girls will put on a very short gown with cleavage out and the short gown still has a slit saying she's going to church...

you'll see a guy also with his chest hairs out in the church... what for exactly?

He has seen this and prolly think immoral dressing is permitted in Christianity
Re: CHRISTIANITY, A Yardstick To Measure Immorality??? by nlPoster: 8:33pm On Sep 28, 2019
tomtween1:

not just what he has been told but what he has seen...

girls will put on a very short gown with cleavage out and the short gown still has a slit saying she's going to church...

you'll see a guy also with his chest hairs out in the church... what for exactly?

He has seen this and prolly think immoral dressing is permitted in Christianity

nairalandposter:
If you are sad or moody, perhaps you should see if there might be other reasons besides the way people dress.
Re: CHRISTIANITY, A Yardstick To Measure Immorality??? by alBHAGDADI: 6:16am On Sep 29, 2019
NaijaTushboy:

Mathew 23:26
Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Don't you know that the reason why the outward look is corrupt is because the inward is corrupt? Someone who dresses immorally simply has an immoral heart. If the person should clean the immoral heart, the outward appearance won't look immoral.

God cares more about the content of the heart, but this doesn't mean he doesn't give a damn about the outward appearance. What you have inside your heart is expressed outwardly in your looks. That's why Jesus said in the verse above that we should clean the inside of the cup so that the outside will be clean as well. If the outside looks dirty, there's no way the inside will look clean.
Re: CHRISTIANITY, A Yardstick To Measure Immorality??? by tomtween1(m): 12:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Mathew 23:26
Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Don't you know that the reason why the outward look is corrupt is because the inward is corrupt? Someone who dresses immorally simply has an immoral heart. If the person should clean the immoral heart, the outward appearance won't look immoral.

God cares more about the content of the heart, but this doesn't mean he doesn't give a damn about the outward appearance. What you have inside your heart is expressed outwardly in your looks. That's why Jesus said in the verse above that we should clean the inside of the cup so that the outside will be clean as well. If the outside looks dirty, there's no way the inside will look clean.

rightly said Sir

God bless you
Re: CHRISTIANITY, A Yardstick To Measure Immorality??? by nlPoster: 12:21pm On Sep 29, 2019
Oma307:
everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion.

Thank you.

Look away if you dont like what you see, it's not hard.
Re: CHRISTIANITY, A Yardstick To Measure Immorality??? by tomtween1(m): 11:06pm On Sep 29, 2019
nairalandposter:
And the person who said she grew up listening to her folks curse Christians and Christianity every single morning, what should we say to that?

She said it was like a ritualistic morning devotion followed with dedication, every morning, curse Christians then enjoy the rest of your day.

Not sure if you'd get my point?

But if you're sad or moody, perhaps you should see if there might be other reasons besides the way people dress.
I truly don't get your point sir
Re: CHRISTIANITY, A Yardstick To Measure Immorality??? by nlPoster: 12:33am On Sep 30, 2019
tomtween1:

I truly don't get your point sir

The complaint is not about the dressing.
Re: CHRISTIANITY, A Yardstick To Measure Immorality??? by nlPoster: 6:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
Our forefathers and ancestors didn't use to wear clothes though.

Just saying.

Even when they did, our ancestors still went topless because of the hot weather, etc.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Ibiyeomie’s Response After Lady Asked If She Can See Her Man’s Sex Organ / See Pastor That Correctly Predicted Outbreak Of Coronavirus (watch Video) / Pastor Sunday Adelaja; Why Many Pastors In Nigeria Hate Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.