Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,777 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend (20173 Views)

Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend / Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo / ”How To Identify A Yoruba Demon” Church Program By Harvesters International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by earthgirl(f): 8:47am On Sep 29, 2019
There's nothing like identifying a good church. You are the church.

1 Like

Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by Apination(m): 9:04am On Sep 29, 2019
earthgirl:
There's nothing like identifying a good church. You are the church.
Wonderfully said. Most people carry church on their head but don't know Jesus undecided

1 Like

Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by oneclickng: 9:05am On Sep 29, 2019
Godswillnwaoma:
Except Jehovah's witnesses
shut up
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by oneclickng: 9:09am On Sep 29, 2019
StrikeBack:
cheesy

Attend any Church you desire. But please stay off all churchES around Aba, ogbor hills and Aba portharcourt road.

why
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by oneclickng: 9:10am On Sep 29, 2019
BabaIbo:
There is only one true, apostolic and holy church, that's Catholic Church.
you mean Idol worshipers??

4 Likes

Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by oneclickng: 9:11am On Sep 29, 2019
chigoziri2403:
I prefer house fellowship than going to a hihhly political place and profit making entity called church
you are on point

1 Like

Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by midnighter(f): 9:12am On Sep 29, 2019
chigoziri2403:
I prefer house fellowship than going to a hihhly political place and profit making entity called church

House fellowships and a good radio broadcast from a pastor who says things in a way you can understand can help a lot more than some churches

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by midnighter(f): 9:15am On Sep 29, 2019
naijadrivablog:
!

yes, yes and triple yes...
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 29, 2019
judedwriter:
The true church is not a building but a group people purchased and washed by the blood of Jesus.

This is why no denomination is perfect.

this is why i converted to catholic... where u learn to pray for urself if u like.

no fake prophesy or bring money or water to pray for you

1 Like

Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by spencekat(m): 9:19am On Sep 29, 2019
chigoziri2403:
So what is the difference?
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by skyfather09(m): 9:22am On Sep 29, 2019
lol... twas dubbed "five ways to identify a good church to attend ". ain't no good churches my nigga
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by Zodiac61(m): 9:25am On Sep 29, 2019
The only thing the poster has not told us is the right church to attend.
Maybe because there is none.
Realistically, if one reads the bible there should only be one church.
In John 17. 20 - 23, Jesus is supposed to have said "I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you... that they may be one as we are one - I in them and you in me- so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me..."
Talk about unanswered prayer. If even Jesus's prayer remains unanswered, what hope for mere mortals?
The fact that over 2000 years later, there are tens of thousands of different Christian sects (large and small), each with its own peculiar beliefs, goes to show that there really is no good church.
What there are are institutions which conform to the attendees biases.
What people do when looking for a church to attend is to find one that believes what they believe. You hate white people, their is a church that says that is okay, you think women should not have positions of leadership in a church, there is a church for you around the corner. You think salvation is by faith alone, come join that church. On the contrary, you think salvation is by works alone, join this church. And so it goes.
The post really says nothing beyond the headline.
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by Major77: 9:29am On Sep 29, 2019
THE ONLY GOD CHURCH THAT WILL TAKE YOU TO HEAVEN IS true church of GOD
without worldlyness dress anyhow and come, entertainment like inviteing comedian,brithdays in side church lack of evangelism preaching prosperity all the time praying with griffin image etc such church is BAD CHURCH
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 29, 2019
ThugCheetah:
All churches are buisness organizations

I know you one of the fallout of the Christian Faith.. may the Lord redeemed you again....
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by ekestic1976(f): 9:32am On Sep 29, 2019
ThugCheetah:
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by gaskiyamagana: 9:51am On Sep 29, 2019
YorubaAssasin:
Religion don take over commn sense in 9ja. angry
Christianity religion don take over common sense in 9ja, not all religion.
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by heckymaicon(m): 9:55am On Sep 29, 2019
WalkerMichael:
Team #NoChurch. undecided Prayers get answered when you talk to God in your personal closet too.

Majority of Nigerian churches are now business organisations like someone mentioned earlier.

Some people even turned churches to where they can display "WHO DRESS PASS" undecided

Abeg I deyy my house.

1000likes for this post
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by heckymaicon(m): 9:56am On Sep 29, 2019
WalkerMichael:
Team #NoChurch. undecided Prayers get answered when you talk to God in your personal closet too.

Majority of Nigerian churches are now business organisations like someone mentioned earlier.

Some people even turned churches to where they can display "WHO DRESS PASS" undecided

Abeg I deyy my house.

GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by WalkerMichael(m): 9:57am On Sep 29, 2019
heckymaicon:

GOD BLESS YOU

AMEN brother and you too. Do have a wonderful day ahead smiley
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by midnighter(f): 10:07am On Sep 29, 2019
gaskiyamagana:

Christianity religion don take over common sense in 9ja, not all religion.

Until Islamist terrorists stop murdering and maiming thousands of people, you'd better just forget it
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nuclear99(m): 10:12am On Sep 29, 2019
post=82668254:
THE CHURCH IS MARCHING ON AND THE GATES OF HELL CANNOT PREVAIL.

Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by chigoziri2403(m): 10:23am On Sep 29, 2019
spencekat:
So what is the difference?
lots
Peace of mind
Every one is equal
Greater spiritual awareness
Greater family supervision
Love
No much rules
Just the word
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by spencekat(m): 10:31am On Sep 29, 2019
chigoziri2403:
lots
Peace of mind
Every one is equal
Greater spiritual awareness
Greater family supervision
Love
No much rules
Just the word
It is still the offshoot of the church.Just that the population is quiet smaller.House fellowship or cell meeting is just church at homes.

1 Like

Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by chigoziri2403(m): 10:45am On Sep 29, 2019
spencekat:
It is still the offshoot of the church.Just that the population is quiet smaller.House fellowship or cell meeting is just church at homes.
an offshoot with greater awareness of the word

1 Like

Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by Major77: 10:54am On Sep 29, 2019
ANY CHURCH THAT BOWDOWN TO IMAGE IS BAD CHURCH
ANY CHURCH THAT DRESS ANY HOW AND COME IS BAD CHURCH
ANY CHURCH WITH OUT EVANGELISM ALL WAYS IS BAD CHURCH
ANY CHURCH THAT ACCOMMODATE WORLDLYNESS IS BAD CHURCH MAY MORE OF THEM ETC.
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by Reucy(f): 10:55am On Sep 29, 2019
Brethren, please help a sister. I need a part time or weekend job. I have my Bsc in political science.

Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by SolarHub(m): 11:16am On Sep 29, 2019
I'll comment later..

You need an affordable 1kva solar power system to run for 10hours daily? Check my signature now
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by thinkmoney(m): 11:19am On Sep 29, 2019
TundeKorede:
Written by
Tunde Korede

Source:
http://www.tundekorede.com/how-to-know-a-good-church-to-attend-2/
u have done well. this picture is the picture of deeperlife headquarter. I am so emotionally attached to deeperlife, but like all other churches one thing made it fall short.
I will attempt to make everyone one see what they should really look out for in a church. I mean I will hope to do better than u have done.

1) the church is suppose to be a family. I family carry with pride their fathers name. Look if the church make known the name of their owner-God. the Christian God has a name which differentiate it from all other gods; Allah, Sango,Krishna etc. this name also says alot about his attributes.
2) look out for a church that reveal the true identity of God. not one that confuse his person and misconstrue his being and very essence.
3) is the church loved by the world? A good church will be hated by the world without cause.
However, if you take your time to look at their history. contrary to what people do say, you will discover they have been about doing good.
4) A good church will be international. God would have found a way of taking it to every corner of the earth.
5) A good church will display love amongst themselves and respect others.
6) A good church will shun the world politics. politics entangles and rub dirt on one. see what is happening to Osinbanjo. Christ said his people are in the world but not part of the world.
7) A good church show one vital fruit. they take the deathbed side injunction of their master seriously. they are seen going about doing the work of God which is evangelism. love of God and man compels them to do this. they don't gain monetarily from evangelising, yet people ridicule and try to molest them without reason.

LOOK OUT FOR THIS TRAITS/FRUITS AND YOU WON'T BE FAR AWAY FROM GODS PEOPLE. A GOOD TREE BRINGETH FORTH GOOD FRUIT AND BY THEIR FRUIT WE SHALL KNOW THEM.

1 Like

Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by Shyluck(m): 11:19am On Sep 29, 2019
There's nothing like identifying a good church. You are the church.[/quote]

Christianity is more or less an individual thing. In the so called good Church you, may see a witch working as a pastor.
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by vincentus16: 11:52am On Sep 29, 2019
oneclickng:
you mean Idol worshipers??
yes!!!
Re: Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend by adenigga(m): 11:55am On Sep 29, 2019
ThugCheetah:

I disagree, not all churches brother!
We still have some very disciplines one, though very few. What I can add to your submission is that the emergence of the so called Pentecostal churches, then the business started growing astronomically.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Gain Access To International Blessing With 1k" Pastor Says –Daddy Freeze Reacts / Jehovah’s Witnesses occultic Views Of Christ ⚫⚫⚫ / Where Will Mad People Go To: Heaven Or Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.