Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance (10799 Views)

Why Outward Appearance Is So Important For Christians / Beauty Can Be Deceptive; Don't Be Deceived / Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by alBHAGDADI: 9:29am On Sep 29, 2019
seunmohmoh:
And how does a Yahoo boy dress exactly?

Dressing indecently to church is very wrong but saying God is interested in outer appearances is also wrong.

Go and read the book of Leviticus to see how God carefully gave details of dress code.

Oh, God is not interested in our outer appearance? How come he days he hates cross-dresser?

Deutoronomy 22:5
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by alBHAGDADI: 9:30am On Sep 29, 2019
post=82667882:
This is so true .

We don't serve a poor God.

Our Lord and Personal Saviour JESUS CHRIST surely got swag, that is the only reason the soldiers that crucify him will fight and make make sure they have atleast a piece of Christ clothing.......
It must have been the most expensive and highly respected linen back in the days.

WE SERVE THE OWNER OF EVERYTHING IN HEAVEN AND EARTH.

THE earth is the Lord's.................

Keep quite.

The clothing those soldiers fought for was King Herod's robe which he placed on Jesus to mock him as the King of the Jews. It was never the clothes of Jesus.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:32am On Sep 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Keep quite.

The clothing those soldiers fought for was King Herod's robe which he placed on Jesus to mock him as the King of the Jews. It was never the clothes of Jesus.
Proverbs 26:4

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by alBHAGDADI: 9:32am On Sep 29, 2019
efficiencie:

Nothing you do is GOD's problem...He doesn't have a problem! If the whole world likes let them all go naked e nor affect GOD...na to jux gban gbo gbo panti aye yi si nu orun apadi, sinpu!!!

God bless you for this wonderful comment.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by NkitaAla: 9:42am On Sep 29, 2019
[s]
post=82669929:

[/s]
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by slimjosh231(m): 9:45am On Sep 29, 2019
Starboytwo:
I keep dread, piercings, tattoo etc... My mode of dressing is both loud and colourful... I dont care what people think or say.. and I'm damn sure my mode of dressing is the least of Gods problem...

Shalom
They always criticise what they don’t know. We ain’t made right with God by works or mode of dressing. They feel they’re committing a better sin which makes them respected more by God. Bunch of hypocrites.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by mike272(m): 10:16am On Sep 29, 2019
I doubt this, God is more interested in our heart. How about guys n ladies that are born "ugly" does it mean they have bad thoughts? Or are being punished for some kind of wrongs they did?
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Why are you hell bent on not accepting the truth? Yes, God created us naked and it was good until man sinned and became ashamed of his unclothedness. What did God do after that? He made clothes from leaves and gave them to wear. If he wanted them to be naked after they sinned, would he have done that?

Even Adam and Eve found it a shameful thing to be naked after sin opened their eyes. But today, unclothedness is glorified.
What's the truth?

Your overemphasis of the outward appearance instead of the heart which is what God looks at?

Am i one who said that you should not judge by the appearance, or that God judges based on the heart?

God did Himself!

You sound so much like the Pharisees albhagdadi, who make a mountain of a mole, and make a mole out of a mountain, because tell me how many times have you emphasized what Jesus emphasized which the heart and righteous judgment?

Everytime it's always the outward appearance which man places emphasis on, but none of that of God which Christ emphasized, and you telling of not wanting to accept the truth?

What truth Albhagdadi?

Maybe you mean your use of God to justify such worldly basis of men?

The Truth is that God doesn't judge on the outward appearance, but on the heart. And the sooner you begin to judge men and yourself as God does, the better it would be for you.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by Makuos19: 10:49am On Sep 29, 2019
jesusjnr:
What's the truth?

Your overemphasis of the outward appearance instead of the heart which is what God looks at?

Am i one who said that you should not judge by the appearance, or that God judges based on the heart?

God did Himself!

You sound so much like the Pharisees albhagdadi, who make a mountain of a mole, and make a mole out of a mountain, because tell me how many times have you emphasized what Jesus emphasized which the heart and righteous judgment?

Everytime it's always the outward appearance which man places emphasis on, but none of that of God which Christ emphasized, and you telling of not wanting to accept the truth?

What truth Albhagdadi?

Maybe you mean your use of God to justify such worldly basis of men?

The Truth is that God doesn't judge on the outward appearance, but on the heart. And the sooner you begin to judge men and yourself as God does, the better it would be for you.

Read Zephabiah 1: 8 to see where God judge the outward appearance...and if you think that God doesn't judge on the outward appearance Then why not start going completely naked
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 29, 2019
Makuos19:

Read Zephabiah 1: 8 to see where God judges on the outward appearance
Lol!

An illustration is what you gave me.

Maybe you also think same of this similar saying of Jesus:

Matthew 22:11-12 (KJV)

11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

The strange garment is an illustration of the heart which God looks at, not the outward appearance.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by Makuos19: 11:05am On Sep 29, 2019
jesusjnr:
Lol!

An illustration is what you gave me.

Maybe you also think same of this similar saying of Jesus:

Matthew 22:11-12 (KJV)

11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

The strange garment is an illustration of the heart which God looks at, not the outward appearance.

Illustration you said. What of Deuteronomy 22:5, 1Timothy 2:9 you will also call them illustration. Continue to deceive yourself. Besides, if you think God doesn't judge on the outward appearance Then why not start going completely naked
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 29, 2019
Makuos19:

Illustration you said. What of Deuteronomy 22:5, 1Timothy 2:9 you will also call them illustration. Continue to deceive yourself. And if you think God doesn't judge on the outward appearance Then why not start going completely naked
Lol!

You said continue to deceive myself.

You don't even know that you people who place more emphasis on the outward appearance and dressing as the Pharisees did, instead of the heart as God does and even Jesus who said judge righteous judgment, are those who are truly deceiving yourselves.

Don't try to use God to justify your worldly inclinations, for if it were up to God, man and woman would still be naked as He intended it to be, because the only reason He put clothes on them was because things had gone contrary to His original plan.

That's why we have to wear clothes not because it is supposed to be the basis of judgment as you people have made it.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by Makuos19: 11:22am On Sep 29, 2019
jesusjnr:
Lol!

And you don't know that you people who place more emphasis on the outward appearance and dressing as the Pharisees did, instead of the heart as God does and even Jesus who said judge righteous judgment, are those who are truly deceiving yourselves.

Don't try to use God to justify your worldly inclinations, for if it were up to God, man and woman would still be naked as He intended it to be, because the only reason He put clothes on them was because things had gone contrary to His original plan.

That's why we have to wear clothes not because it is supposed to be the basis of judgment as you people have made it.

So if outward appearance doean't matter Then why was Jesus clothed, why was His disciples clothed, why was the man who was naked and possessed with evil spirit before now became clothed in Mark 5:15, why will God emphasize about clothing in Deuteronomy 22:5, 1Timothy 2:9, or can you mention any believer or follower of Christ that was naked in the bible
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by SolarHub(m): 11:24am On Sep 29, 2019
Oh sweet and merciful God

You need an affordable 1kva solar power system to run for 10hours daily? Check my signature now
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 29, 2019
Makuos19:

So if outward appearance doean't matter Then why was Jesus clothed, why was His disciples clothed, why was the man who was naked and possessed with evil spirit before clothes in Mark 5:15, why will God emphasize about clothing in Deuteronomy 22:5, 1Timothy 2:9, or can you mention any believer or follower of Chrisr that was naked in the bible
Are you really sure you're following my comments?

I told you why we have to wear clothes, it's not because men like you have turned it into the basis of judgment.

Hence God correcting Samuel that He sees not as man sees, for man looks on the outward appearance but God looks at the heart.

So I'm not the one who said it God did Himself. Also that saying of Jesus concerning not judging by the appearance.

I'm just repeating and emphasizing what God said.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by Makuos19: 11:46am On Sep 29, 2019
jesusjnr:
Are you really sure you're following my comments?

I told you why we have to wear clothes, it's not because men like you have turned it into the basis of judgment.

Hence God correcting Samuel that He sees not as man sees, for man looks on the outward appearance but God looks at the heart.

So I'm not the one who said it God did Himself. Also that saying of Jesus concerning not judging by the appearance.

I'm just repeating and emphasizing what God said.

So who created the outward appearance? Is it not God? So when you said God is not interested on the outward appearance Then how will God still create an outward appearance that He is not interested in
Even the passage u quoted didnt say that God does not look at the outward appearance. It says man only sees the outward appearance and not the heart But God sees both the outward appearance and the heart!!!

Also read Exodus 33:5-6 to see where God judges the outward appearance. I know u will still twist it and tell me that it is an illustration
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by Nwachacho: 11:53am On Sep 29, 2019
No matter how hard we try to suppress our conscience, whenever we do that which is wrong, something inside of us, tells us that this is wrong. You can't dress like a prostitute and be addressed as a prophetess

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by idtwo: 12:21pm On Sep 29, 2019
God cares about the kind of name we bear too. What sort of name is alBagdadi. The alBagdadi we know is an islamic fundamentalist (ISIS leader). If that is your hero, then you don't know the Christ you profess to speak for. Your message is correct but are you correct? Is your person and standing correct?
Think Mr alBagdadi, think.
alBHAGDADI:
Mathew 23:26
Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Don't you know that the reason why the outward look is corrupt is because the inward is corrupt? Someone who dresses immorally simply has an immoral heart. If the person should clean the immoral heart, the outward appearance won't look immoral.

God cares more about the content of the heart, but this doesn't mean he doesn't give a damn about the outward appearance. What you have inside your heart is expressed outwardly in your looks. That's why Jesus said in the verse above that we should clean the inside of the cup so that the outside will be clean as well. If the outside looks dirty, there's no way the inside will look clean.

Try to think about the reason why a lady would dress in skimpy or tight clothes that reveal delicate parts of her body. It's not because she just wants to wear clothes. It's because she wants to seduce me and draw immoral attention to herself. The idea to wear such clothes first came from her heart. This shows that the heart is corrupt. The corrupt heart leads her mouth to request for immoral clothes

Luke 6:45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

The sad part is that such immoral dressing is seen among people who call themselves Christians. Go to church and see ladies dressed like divas from music videos. The guys are seen with sagged trousers and dog chains.

The reason why such exists in Churches today is because of the Pharisees in charge. The Pharisees are seen looking decently dressed in some cases, but their hear is dirty. That is why they allow dirty and immoral people to feel at home in the Church.

Mathew 23:25
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence.

Kindly change your heart and your immoral dressing will change. If your dressing is immoral, it simply means your heart is immoral and not right with God.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by nwimo22(m): 12:44pm On Sep 29, 2019
I don’t think that our outward appearance is a reflection of the heart. So many people’s minds are just full of evil but you see them looking nice outwardly. Sometimes our outward appearance doesn’t tell the inside of us.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by Makuos19: 12:48pm On Sep 29, 2019
nwimo22:
I don’t think that our outward appearance is a reflection of the heart. So many people’s minds are just full of evil but you see them looking nice outwardly. Sometimes our outward appearance doesn’t tell the inside of us.
When a person mind is full of evil but looks nice outwardly, that is called hypocrisy. But when the heart is truly void of evil or its clean Then it must truly reflect on the outward. That is why a clean plate is plate that is clean both in the inside and the outside.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 29, 2019
Makuos19:

So who created the outward appearance? Is it not God? So when you said God is not interested on the outward appearance Then how will God still create an outward appearance that He is not interested in
Even the passage u quoted didnt say that God does not look at the outward appearance. It says man only sees the outward appearance and not the heart But God sees both the outward appearance and the heart!!!

Also read Exodus 33:5-6 to see where God judges the outward appearance. I know u will still twist it and tell me that it is an illustration
Let me just leave you so as not to continue in this blind argument.

No wonder Jesus said men's heart have waxed gross to the Truth, even though it's glaring.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by Makuos19: 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2019
jesusjnr:
Let me just leave you so as not to continue in this blind argument.

No wonder Jesus said men's heart have waxed gross to the Truth, even though it's glaring.

Its just shows your hatred for the truth even when it is clearly shown to u in the bible but u will trather twist it to suit yourself.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by Fulanization: 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2019
post=82669929:

Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by nwimo22(m): 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
Makuos19:

When a person mind is full of evil but looks nice outwardly, that is called hypocrisy. But when the heart is truly void of evil or its clean Then it must truly reflect on the outward. That is why a clean plate is plate that is clean both in the inside and the outside.
Whether called hypocrisy or not, his outward appearance didn’t still tell his mind.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by alBHAGDADI: 1:33pm On Sep 29, 2019
jesusjnr:
Lol!

You don't even know that you people who place more emphasis on the outward appearance and dressing as the Pharisees did, instead of the heart as God does and even Jesus who said judge righteous judgment, are those who are truly deceiving yourselves.

You are going about downplaying the importance of outward appearance with this your stance.

You make it sound as if since it's the heart God cares about most, then we can neglect the outward look.

Your blind self didn't read the OP which quoted a verse showing Jesus speaking about how to ensure the outward part is clean. He said we should first clean the inward then the outward will be clean. Did he say after we clean the inward we should neglect the outward? No

We are not overemphasizing the outward more than the inward. As a matter of fact, we are emphasizing the inward more. That's why we say when your outward appearance is immoral, it means your inward is immoral. That should make you work on your inward to reflect on what's outside.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by alBHAGDADI: 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2019
Makuos19:

Don't waste your time with that heretic.

If God doesn't care about the outward look, how come he said men who dress like women and women who dress like men are an abomination to him?

Deutoronomy 22:5
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by Fulanization: 1:37pm On Sep 29, 2019
post=82667882:
This is so true .

We don't serve a poor God.

Our Lord and Personal Saviour JESUS CHRIST surely got swag, that is the only reason the soldiers that crucify him will fight and make make sure they have atleast a piece of Christ clothing.......
It must have been the most expensive and highly respected linen back in the days.

WE SERVE THE OWNER OF EVERYTHING IN HEAVEN AND EARTH.

THE earth is the Lord's.................

Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You are going about downplaying the importance of outward appearance with this your stance.

You make it sound as if since it's the heart God cares about most, then we can neglect the outward look.

Your blind self didn't read the OP which quoted a verse showing Jesus speaking about how to ensure the outward part is clean. He said we should first clean the inward then the outward will be clean. Did he say after we clean the inward we should neglect the outward? No

We are not overemphasizing the outward more than the inward. As a matter of fact, we are emphasizing the inward more. That's why we say when your outward appearance is immoral, it means your inward is immoral. That should make you work on your inward to reflect on what's outside.
Oh Jesus saying clean your inward first then and the outward would be clean, means clean the inward first and then you clean the outward?

You can even see how glaring it is, your attempt to misinterpret what Jesus said to suit your worldly vanities.

What Jesus meant by that saying is the same thing that you've stubbornly refused to accept, that when one's heart is clean, you are clean to God. Simple.

That's why He didn't say also clean the outward as you're falsely insinuating He did, but just clean the inward which is your heart and that automatically makes both the inward and outward clean in God's sight because He only judges on the basis of the heart!

Wow Albhagdadi, no wonder you are behaving here like the Pharisees, because you place so much emphasis on your outward appearance while your heart which is what God looks at is not clean.

It's people like you that Jesus was speaking to, so do as He had told you, clean your heart first and everything concerning you plus your outside would be clean and acceptable to God.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by alBHAGDADI: 2:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
jesusjnr:
Oh Jesus saying clean your inward first then and the outward would be clean, means clean the inward first and then you clean the outward?

You can even see how glaring it is, your attempt to misinterpret what Jesus said to suit your worldly vanities.

What Jesus meant by that saying is the same thing that you've stubbornly refused to accept, that when one's heart is clean, you are clean to God. Simple.

That's why He didn't say also clean the outward as you're falsely insinuating He did, but just clean the inward which is your heart and that automatically makes both the inward and outward clean in God's sight because He only judges on the basis of the heart!

Wow Albhagdadi, no wonder you are behaving here like the Pharisees, because you place so much emphasis on your outward appearance while your heart which is what God looks at is not clean.

It's people like you that Jesus was speaking to, so do as He had told you, clean your heart first and everything concerning you plus your outside would be clean and acceptable to God.

Isn't it insane to have a clean inward but look dirty outward? Can anyone say such a person is clean? No.

Someone who is clean inside will be clean outside. You can't wash the inside of a plate but leave the outside dirty and say the plate is clean. No it is not.

The Pharisees kept the outside appearance clean but leave then inside dirty. Jesus condemned them for that. He said they ought to keep the inside clean, that way the outside will be clean too. Sadly, you have blindly failed to see the message there.

The Pharisees keeping the outside clean and leaving the inside dirty shows how much of dirt to hold within. So dirty that it shows how deceitful they are, in that they appeared clean on the outside. The Pharisees are even better than you who appear dirty but in and out.

What you are saying is that we can do tattoos and dress like worldly children and God won't be bothered. That is sin. Guess what? God is bothered about sin, that's why no biblical person dressed indecently except evil children

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Isn't it insane to have a clean inward but look dirty outward? Can anyone say such a person is clean? No.

Someone who is clean inside will be clean outside. You can't wash the inside of a plate but leave the outside dirty and say the plate is clean. No it is not.

The Pharisees kept the outside appearance clean but leave then inside dirty. Jesus condemned them for that. He said they ought to keep the inside clean, that way the outside will be clean too. Sadly, you have blindly failed to see the message there.

The Pharisees keeping the outside clean and leaving the inside dirty shows how much of dirt to hold within. So dirty that it shows how deceitful they are, in that they appeared clean on the outside. The Pharisees are even better than you who appear dirty but in and out.

What you are saying is that we can do tattoos and dress like worldly children and God won't be bothered. That is sin. Guess what? God is bothered about sin, that's why no biblical person dressed indecently except evil children
One mistake you make is that you try to interpret what God says using the mindset of men instead of that of God who said it.

You greatly err doing so bro, for God is not man, God is Spirit, man is flesh, so they are diametrically opposed in their inclination and ways.

Hence the saying of God to Samuel which illustrates this difference, but here you are a man that thinks like a man, trying to interpret what God said using your manly mindset.

Well suit yourself.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance by Bejusttoall: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2019
Izabel:
The Bible is full of indications that God cares about our appearance. God created us "in his own image," ( Genesis 1:27 ), He designed each of us in the womb ( Jeremiah 1:5 ), and "we are his workmanship" ( Ephesians 2:10 ). He made each of us to look just as we do, and we reflect His own beauty. The Bible doesn't say how we reflect His beauty, but it is reasonable that our appearance has something to do with that. Since God cares about our appearance, we ought to as well.
However, as God told Samuel when Samuel was looking for someone to anoint as king to follow Saul in
1 Samuel 16:7 , "… the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart." If we are to have the same attitudes as Jesus has, we should place our priority on how our heart is in relation to God. Outward appearance may be important, but the heart is more important. Samuel looked at each of David's brothers, and he was sure God would have chosen one of them. But God had chosen "a man after His own heart." ( 1 Samuel 13:14 ). David was good looking ( 1 Samuel 16:12 ), but God had chosen him because of his heart, not his appearance.
People often look at 1 Timothy 2:8-10 ("I desire then … that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works."wink when addressing the issue of caring about physical appearance and apply it to say that women should not wear expensive jewelry or wear fine clothes. However, as Titus 2 says, the principle that our adornment should be in godliness rather than outward appearance applies to all people, regardless of their age, gender, or station in life. Both passages of Scripture are addressing the issue that proper godly attitudes are much more important. So, if we care about our physical appearance, the reason we care is much more important than the fact that we care. For example, if we keep fit and trim because we want to glorify God in our bodies ( 1 Corinthians 6:20 ), we have a good reason for doing so. But if we keep fit and trim because we want to impress others with how in shape we are, our reason is pride, which the Bible condemns in many places. One such scripture is 1 Peter 5:5 , which says, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." If we obsess about our physical appearance, we may be falling into idolatry, which is also condemned throughout the Bible ( Colossians 3:5 , for one passage). So we should care about physical appearance, but outward appearance should not be what we focus on. We should focus more on why we care about our physical appearance than how we look.
The world places quite a bit of emphasis on physical appearance, but Christians should "not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of [our] mind[s], that by testing [we] may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect" ( Romans 12:2 ). We should not reject caring about our physical appearance just because the world cares, but we should be changed inside so we can tell what the will of God is. If His will for us is to minister to the "beautiful people," we probably should look the part so our physical appearance does not detract from our ministry. Our reason for paying attention to how we look should be to please God, not other people.
Therefore, the answer to the question, "Should Christians care about physical appearance?" is "Yes", but with the very strong caveat that our reason for caring should be that we want to please God in our bodies.
Nice one sis. More grace

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seven Important Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit. / Say A New Year Prayer For The Poster Above You! / RCCG 64th Annual Convention : Amen; Aug 1-7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.