Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

This Body - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Body (152 Views)

This Body Fashioned Anew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Body by ejitest1(m): 7:57am On Sep 29, 2019
*THIS BODY*

_But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.(1Cor9:27)_

The body is a good servant but a terrible master. He that allows his body to control him will spend eternity regretting it.

The body is like a child that must be kept on a constant check. Failure to do this the child will become spoilt. But once a child is trained in the way he should go, when he is grown he will not depart from it.

A young man too must learn to keep his body on a constant check. He must only give the body what the Lord wants and not what the body wants. The body wants sex, food, sleep and pleasure.

It must not be given the liberty of all these lest one become unfit, unapproved and rejectd as a counterfeit. We must remember that the Lord purchased this body for his pleasure and for his purpose alone. We must never rub God of his property!

The one speaking in 1cor 9:27 was a giant in the faith yet he understood that he must keep his body under comtrol. We must learn from him.

We must nourish and keep our body as the needs demands but we must not allow the body to take control of our mind. He must remain a servant that we must nourish and cater for as the Lord desires.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria At 59 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/10/19 / Welcome To Digital World Crpytocurrency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.