Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Why Is Donation In Churches An Every Sunday Thing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Donation In Churches An Every Sunday Thing? (268 Views)

I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? / RCCG To Feed 2 Million Nigerians Every Sunday - Pastor Adeboye / Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Donation In Churches An Every Sunday Thing? by Rapmoney(m): 9:00am On Sep 29, 2019
I have attended many churches and one thing I found common in all of them is the issue of donations every Sunday. I mean, no Sunday passes without members being told to donate or make contributions as regards one project or the other.

The leaders in these churches always possess very wonderful skills in convincing the congregation why they should donate or make contributions every Sunday. It makes me wonder if there are special schools these people go to learn the act of convincing people manipulatively!

No one is interested whether the people who are always asked to donate have concrete or tangible jobs or business they do...but you just want them to donate 'handsomely' every Sunday; tithes and offerings are even excluded from this o! Don't they have personal or family issues to solve in their lives?

They tell you 'Give all what you have, even if you have N350,000 reserved for your children's fees and rent, give it out to the work of God'. In the end, they tell you one stale, overused and recycled story how they spent their last kobo on a project and were richly blessed!

These days, I feel very reluctant to attend church. They are all the same. Each time I step into a church, I feel less happy than before stepping in.

I don't know if there are other people who have knowledge of what I am pointing at.
Re: Why Is Donation In Churches An Every Sunday Thing? by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 29, 2019
It's because you've not found the right church yet! A living church will be more concerned about your spiritual growth rather than church donations.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Donation In Churches An Every Sunday Thing? by Rapmoney(m): 9:04am On Sep 29, 2019
Tosinex:
It's because you've not found the right church yet! A living church will be more concerned about your spiritual growth rather than church donations.
Even the ones that are seen as 'living churches' are not left out. I'd rather attend the dead churches if what these people do qualifies them to be called 'living churches'.
Re: Why Is Donation In Churches An Every Sunday Thing? by CodeTemplar: 11:46am On Apr 12, 2020
Tosinex:
Been m attending a particular church for 5 years now. only heard of donations less than 5 times and that was for new sets of chairs, sound system, and transport of converts to church. Even at that, is is totally voluntary and void any plenty talk.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Donation In Churches An Every Sunday Thing? by Tobechuckwu(m): 12:01pm On Apr 12, 2020
It is called donation, nobody enforce it on u. Everybody is not the same in a church because God has blessed some people and they want to give. If u don't have, they don't force u to give.
Don't let it stop from going to church because ur blessings are still in church. Think more about the blessings u receive than donation.

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Power / Believers In Christ Please Take Note / Tani Jesu Nse? - Jesu Kristi Ngbe Inu Imole Ti A Ko Le Sunmo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.