Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? (17560 Views)

Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? / Why Do You Go To Church Every Sunday? / Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 6:27am On Apr 07
I used to be a staunch church goer but gradually lost interest and always find one excuse or the other not to attend church service.

I actually lost interest when a certain young pastor was on my neck to date him, so it got to a point I had to stop attending service and ever since I've not been able to pick up.

How do I reawaken the zeal?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by chiommy123(f): 6:31am On Apr 07
Christian race is per head. He can not use his own to spoil yours. You can change your branch

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 6:33am On Apr 07
chiommy123:
Christian race is per head. He can not use his own to spoil yours. You can change your branch
Change of branch? The other one is quite very far, the zeal is not even there again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Emday(m): 6:46am On Apr 07
My sister, the first thing we need to note is that we don't go to church because of people. We go to church because of God.

And that leads us to ask: Do you love God? If yes, then serving God is non-negotiable. Worst case, you can change your branch or change the church entirely.

But for your own growth sake, going to church is very vital if you want to become all that God has prepared for you. In addition, not going to church means you're not really being fed by the Word of God. That's a dangerous position to be; because the devil can really take advantage of you.

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by dawnomike(m): 6:47am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
I used to be a staunch church goer but gradually lost interest and always find one excuse or the other not to attend church service.

I actually lost interest when a certain young pastor was on my neck to date him, so it got to a point I had to stop attending service and ever since I've not been able to pick up.

Just make up your mind and get back to it a Sunday at a time.

6 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by chiommy123(f): 6:48am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
Change of branch? The other one is quite very far, the zeal is not even there again.
I don't really understand maybe I am different cos I don't need any zeal. I just can not stay at home on Sunday morning no matter where I am. Maybe understanding that abstinence from the gathering of the saints is a sin maybe that can help

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 6:49am On Apr 07
dawnomike:
Just make up your mind and get back to it a Sunday at a time.
I've tried to but just so difficult to pick up. Yesterday I made up my mind to attend service today, got my clothes ready but here I am on my bed and not ready to go anywhere.

7 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by DonEd(m): 6:50am On Apr 07
Go on ur knees and talk to God. Ask Him for help.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Pussyisgud: 6:50am On Apr 07
Lol, church is a fraud organization where people go to be brainwashed by one cunny, dodgy deceiving and lying pastor and they stupidly pay offering to him.
I can't even remember the last time i went to church maybe like 7 years ago when i left my parents home, and i have any plans of going back.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 6:52am On Apr 07
chiommy123:
I don't really understand maybe I am different cos I don't need any zeal. I just can not stay at home on Sunday morning no matter where I am. Maybe understanding that abstinence from the gathering of the saints is a sin maybe that can help
I used to look forward to Sundays but it's not like that anymore, I now see it as a day to relax.

I missed my church going days

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 6:54am On Apr 07
Pussyisgud:
Lol, church is a fraud organization where people go to be brainwashed by one cunny, dodgy deceiving and lying pastor and they stupidly pay offering to him.
I can't even remember the last time i went to church maybe like 7 years ago when i left my parents home, and i have any plans of going back.
Don't you feel detached from your spirituality? Don't you feel something is missing within your soul? That's exactly how I've been feeling

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by chiommy123(f): 6:54am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
I used to look forward to Sundays but it's not like that anymore, I now see it as a day to relax.

I missed my church going days
how do you relax with gospel songs everywhere. It makes you hate yourself for not attending

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by dawnomike(m): 6:54am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
I've tried to but just so difficult to pick up. Yesterday I made up my mind to attend service today, got my clothes ready but here I am on my bed and not ready to go anywhere.
Where do you reside .. I will order a ride (uber or bolt) to take you to church next Sunday. Maybe that will motivate you

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 6:56am On Apr 07
dawnomike:
Where do you reside .. I will order a ride (uber or bolt) to take you to church next Sunday. Maybe that will motivate you
lol Abj . Thanks all the same

6 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by malvisguy212: 7:09am On Apr 07
many Christians have taken this phrase out of context " the church is not a building" hence they stop going to church and disconnected themselves from eachother.

7 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by jflower06(m): 7:13am On Apr 07
Please don't get yourself worried unnecessarily.
Going to church is not a criteria to paradise.
Church is a business organization .
Once you know the truth, the truth shall set you free and once you accept the truth, the veil of the temple will tear apart
Just try to know God more by meditating in His words everyday

28 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 7:15am On Apr 07
jflower06:
Please don't get yourself worried unnecessarily.
Going to church is not a criteria to paradise.
Church is a business organization .
Once you know the truth, the truth shall set you free and once you accept the truth, the veil of the temple will tear apart
Just try to know God more by meditating in His words everyday
Then why am I feeling this void inside me each time I miss church?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by dawnomike(m): 7:23am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
lol Abj . Thanks all the same
Get ready for church next week... I will book the ride.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Ibaaboy(m): 7:25am On Apr 07
ok

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 7:28am On Apr 07
dawnomike:
Get ready for church next week... I will book the ride.
Thanks a lot, there's always a ride to take us to church as a family so it's just me looking for filmsy excuses not to go.

You are always very quick to help people may God come through for you in all you do amen. Thanks for the motivation 🙏

14 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by dawnomike(m): 7:29am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:
Thanks a lot, there's always a ride to take us to church as a family so it's just me looking for filmsy excuses not to go.

You are always very quick to help people may God come through for you in all you do amen. Thanks for the motivation 🙏
Amen... So. Please try to make it next week Sunday

3 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by michigang: 7:33am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

You have become such a spoilt brat and inviting you to my house this Sunday for fellowship
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by dawnomike(m): 7:33am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

Amen... So, Please try to make it next week Sunday
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 7:44am On Apr 07
dawnomike:
Amen... So, Please try to make it next week Sunday
I will try my best. Thanks 🙏 a lot

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by EreluRoz: 7:45am On Apr 07
michigang:
You have become such a spoilt brat and inviting you to my house this Sunday for fellowship
undecided
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by akposking(m): 8:37am On Apr 07
michigang:

So you can give her the anointing Rod in your house. undecided

7 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Hamachi(f): 8:40am On Apr 07
cheesy
If you like to to church, if you like don't go, ONLY God see your heart

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Matheusmartin: 8:40am On Apr 07
Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by AlexBells(m): 8:40am On Apr 07
How is that a problem

3 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by damoobaba: 8:41am On Apr 07
EreluRoz:

I dey house as I dey type so.

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by Starboytwo(m): 8:41am On Apr 07
Stay and pray at home.

Sefini

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? by AllahOfBlood: 8:41am On Apr 07
wink

You have make a good decision for yourself.

Don't force yourself to church rather go into the world and explore yourself. Search for happiness and success. There's nothing in the church, churches are scam, it's only in church you will find wicked people. I was once a staunch church goer who delighted to work and contributed to everything in the church but there was nothing coming out of it. At a time my finances failed they church people, my fellow choristers sidelined me.

For the past seven years I have not step into church and not willing to do so.
I'm doing better with my life

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Skeleton Of Goliath Found...pics / Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? / Commercial Driver Prays As A Muslim, Christian And Traditionalist Before A Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.