Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects (1849 Views)

Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation / Prof. Osinbajo Pledges To God Not To Steal Public Funds If Elected / Obasanjo Pledges To Buy “Cheap, Fairly Used Phone” For Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by Nobody: 3:28am On Nov 03, 2010
[size=18pt]Ogun pledges to complete on-going projects [/size]

GOVERNOR Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State yesterday pledged that his administration would complete all on-going projects it embarked upon before leaving office in May next year.

Daniel, who spoke in Abeokuta, also promised that his government would not leave any debt behind, saying: “We will pay all outstanding arrears”.
He spoke at the 2011 Treasury Board Meeting Retreat for the state’s top civil servants holding at the auditorium of the Valley View.
The meeting-cum-retreat is a yearly programme designed by the Daniel administration for top civil servants to review the previous year’s budget and present proposals for the next one for consideration.
The governor said since inception of his administration, the state’s budgetary process had been transformed from a mere ritual of considering financial matters of the state into a robust avenue for policy making.

“With all sense of fulfillment, I stand bold to state that our budgetary process, especially this Treasury Board Meeting and Budget Retreat, remains one of the landmark innovations of our administration and one of the distinctive legacies we are leaving behind to posterity”, he said.
Daniel praised the state’s civil servants for exhibiting “unparalleled level of professionalism” during his three-and-a-half years working relations with them.
His words: “We have seen on display a rare demonstration of intellect that shows that not only is Ogun home of the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the Solarins, Mabogunjes, Deguns, Oduntans of this world, but also that Ogun State is still blessed with and capable of producing more names”.
Daniel explained that although his government would take its exit in May next year, it owed a duty of providing the next government a “workable budget” for its first six months in office.

Director General of the state’s Bureau of Management and Budget, Mr. Kayode Sunmola, in his speech, disclosed that as at the end of August 2010, N44.14 billion had been expended.
He said N44.69 billion was collected as revenue as at the end of August. This, he explained, included Internally Generated Revenue (IGR), statutory allocation, which he put at N18 billion; excess crude savings distribution N4.51 billion; Value Added Tax (VAT) N4.17 billion and capital receipts N3.04 billion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIBLbsKfHqQ
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by Nobody: 3:29am On Nov 03, 2010
Abeg, just complete am jor. e ti e jebi undecided
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by mensdept: 3:40am On Nov 03, 2010
One of the worst governors in 9ja
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by oderemo(m): 3:44am On Nov 03, 2010
its a shame that the only memorable legacy fool like daniel will leave in ogun state is  nothing but bitterness and destruction of a beautiful state like ogun. I will  end up a farmer tilting the soil of ode remo if pdp win that state again.its one earmark for acn next, trust me.
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by 9icest: 6:08am On Nov 03, 2010
Yeah, like he has completed everything since the past 8 years.
This guy is a shame to Yoruba. Just like his monkey uncle Shege.
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by oluite(f): 10:16am On Nov 03, 2010
story story.He should just leave.
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by Abayomin70(m): 12:16pm On Nov 03, 2010
GOD he said NOTHING about my school OSU dat are on strike GOD shall punish him he will never make heaven he will never be happy for lettin me sittin at home i just wish to be GOD and kill him ritnow he will never be happy till he die,him his wife,children and all is family will always be sad all d day of their life
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by COMPAQ(m): 2:11pm On Nov 03, 2010
Not that I'm such a huge fan of OGD, but is he such the villian we are making him out to be!!? Naija is such a funny place that he may have so many enemies simply because he's trying to do the right thing and those who want the status quo to remain are just creating unending bad press for him. I've learnt not to believe anything i read in the papers without logically thinking it through for myself.

We had a similar issue with the "renessaince professionals" lambasting CBN governor everyday in the papers. It got so bad that people began to complain about sanusi and insult him in many forums (nairaland included), yet she took a plea bargain of guilty and gave up N190bln. Now Sanusi seems justified. Would an innocent woman with resources to spare for an unending law suit plead guilty if she wasn't and taint her name forever!!?

I've learn't that in most cases we don't have enough facts to dispassionately judge issues in this country
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by Abayomin70(m): 2:34pm On Nov 03, 2010
compaq u no no wetin u dey talk am a student of OSU in ogun state i gain admitted into d universityin 2007/2008 session up till now am still in 100level second semester now we are still in strike and he is owin my lectures salary of febuary till date only GOD knows wen d strike will be call off my school fees is 91600  acceptance fee 30500 and yet no improvment in d school and u COMPAQ is here sayin tins u dont no have u heard in your life dat a state is owing WAEC 2009/2010 session money there result was witheld for close to 3month befor payin WAEC there money and u COMPAQ is sayin wat u dont no anywhere GBENGA DANIEL is he will neva be happy
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by Kuljoe(m): 3:16pm On Nov 03, 2010
OGD Weldone, i hope God wuld judge just d way u are. Students are n strike cos f u. Congrats because u wont b bcumin a senator in nigeria. GREAT OOUITES !
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by tunde121oke: 8:18pm On Nov 03, 2010
amen
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by aieromon(m): 12:43am On Nov 04, 2010
I leave God to judge him.
Ogun State doctors have been on strike for most parts of the year.
Olabisi Onabajo University is on strike because he hasn't paid lecturers.
His roads are some of the worst i've come across e.g Sango axis of the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway and the Ifo-Sagamu Expressway.
This guy is a phuckin' joke.
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by mamagee3(f): 2:04am On Nov 04, 2010
Politicians are all about promising and laying promise on top of another.

But, we don't see the change that was promised to us.
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by Nobody: 3:01am On Nov 04, 2010
aieromon:

I leave God to judge him.
Ogun State doctors have been on strike for most parts of the year.
Olabisi Onabajo University is on strike because he hasn't paid lecturers.
His roads are some of the worst i've come across e.g Sango axis of the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway and the Ifo-Sagamu Expressway.
This guy is a phuckin' joke.

Funny thing, Strikes was discussed in one our forum discussions for my organization today.

It seems that Nigeria is not the only country notorious for his strikes. I was really shocked.
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by COMPAQ(m): 7:18am On Nov 04, 2010
Abayomin70:

compaq u no no wetin u dey talk am a student of OSU in ogun state i gain admitted into d universityin 2007/2008 session up till now am still in 100level second semester now we are still in strike and he is owin my lectures salary of febuary till date only GOD knows wen d strike will be call off my school fees is 91600  acceptance fee 30500 and yet no improvment in d school and u COMPAQ is here sayin tins u dont no have u heard in your life dat a state is owing WAEC 2009/2010 session money there result was witheld for close to 3month befor payin WAEC there money and u COMPAQ is sayin wat u dont no anywhere GBENGA DANIEL is he will neva be happy

Abayomin, I graduated from OSU over 10 years ago and I'm an indigine of Ogun state, so I do know what I'm talking about. OSU was a pretty difficult and crappy school then and apparently it still is judging by the quality of your writing. Strikes have been with us for over 20 years now, so the issues go beyond this current set of Governors. Of course OGD can do much more for OSU, but the education sector need a COMPLETE overhaul and both sides (govt and ASUU) need to conceede some ground. ASUU is becoming part of the problem instead of part of the solution.
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by stormm: 7:45am On Nov 04, 2010
COMPAQ:

OSU was a pretty difficult and crappy school then and apparently it still is judging by the quality of your writing.

Crappy or what? The school, the quality or the environment? Are u alright? Mind what you type please.
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by COMPAQ(m): 7:54am On Nov 04, 2010
stormm:

Crappy or what? The school, the quality or the environment? Are u alright? Mind what you type please.

All of the above, when I was there we were sharing Abusi Edumare school with Secondary school students as a campus. Does that make sense? Not been there since 2006, but even the permanent site was not much to write home about. And the quality of lecturers, particularly in social sciences was particularly bad.
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by COMPAQ(m): 7:58am On Nov 04, 2010
, not to mention that people with no qualifications wereadmitted once they can just pay money. I recall that it was N25,000 or so in the 90's. It was all over the news. Also, OSU was reputed at some point to have the worst student/lecturer ratio of all universities in Nigeria. In 1998, economics in 100 level had about 500+ students, yet, the largest hall for lectures in SMS couldn't contain more than 100 students,
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 04, 2010
Daniel must go to jail !
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by kolaoloye(m): 8:14am On Nov 04, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Daniel must go to jail !
In Jesus name,AMEN.
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by marjo: 2:06pm On Nov 04, 2010
As far as i am concerned, OGD and the PDP that he represents are a disgrace angry.
calling on all ogun residents and indigenes to vote PDP out of ogun state. angry
He is one person EFCC must track down by fire!!!
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 05, 2010
COMPAQ what is your point? Are you saying OGD has done pretty well in the past 7 and 1/2 years? you should think leave sentiments out of this. We are from Ogun State and all we want is the best for ourselves and the future of our children.
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by Abayomin70(m): 8:37am On Nov 05, 2010
copaq is lik u dont too much know u are sayin our PS(pamanet sit)is far beta dan LASU pamanet sit so when we talk of d best hall we hav it and there are good lectures there people just say trash dat dey dont know even a blink of wat dey are sayin OGD wil neva mak it in life GOD go punish am AMEN
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by oderemo(m): 9:21am On Nov 05, 2010
i have said it b4 if acn win not ogun come next election i will return a farmer to ode remo and start tiliting the good old soil for survival.
met ogd in london a while ago during an interview session. Damn that geezer can lie.
Well drove thru the lenght and breath of ogun recently confirm 2 me howthe state had missed out on gd gov.
Re: Ogun Pledges To Complete On-going Projects by oldskul(m): 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2010
Am sure one of the on-going project will be the road that leads to his mansion!!!
OGD, you don try. Your state share border with Lagos and you refused to learn how things should be done!
No wahala; you go meet your load by the border.

(1) (Reply)

Name Barracks After Ojukwu - Former Orderly / Aliyu Babangida, Aregbesola disagree on creation of Northern Affairs ministry / Corruption: I Come To Bury Jonathan By Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.