Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,302 members, 7,829,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time (49030 Views)

Osimhen & Boniface Beat Ronaldo As World Best Strikers By SPORTbible / Super Eagles Coach, Rohr Names Four Strikers To Represent Nigeria In Egypt / "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Soso990240(m): 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2019
Jh0wsef:
But how can you not put Okocha, a top 10 dribbler in the world of all-time in a 5man list of Africa?

No make me laugh, bros
Okocha is an attacking Midfielder (No.10). He is not a striker. Its usually No.9 that is called a striker, sometimes No.8
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 29, 2019
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Blankstare(m): 8:47pm On Sep 29, 2019
Ever best that never reached his potential

Mohammed kallon
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Wallade(m): 8:47pm On Sep 29, 2019
UdyOgwoUde:

Cannavaro won FIFA best player as a defender

Can you read the subject of this discussion again? Maybe you will understand that we are talking strikers not midfielder or defenders.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Presido95: 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2019
Where is Mohammed Salah. Nonsense
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by nevilbot: 8:52pm On Sep 29, 2019
Jh0wsef:
Where is Rashid Yekini?

Even Okocha, a top 10 dribbler in the world of all-time depsite being an attacking midfielder should make this list grin

No make me laugh, bros

The list said best strikers so okocha can't be there. Okocha is not a striker but a midfielder. Moreover , okocha is not a prolific goal scorer but a midfield maestro. So there is no business okocha has with the list up there.

1 Like

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by UdyOgwoUde(m): 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2019
Wallade:

Can you read the subject of this discussion again? Maybe you will understand that we are talking strikers not midfielder or defenders.

Read my comment before you quote me
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by NkitaAla: 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

Well, let's just give it to Messi because he's proven himself in many ways - dribble, speed, accuracy,passes, assist, goals etc, but all the same, I personally can't give it to mercy 100%. The likes of Okocha and Ronaldinho are also rare football legends.
[/s]
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Ewedegubbler: 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2019
Yekini should be there, but since he ran mad and died wretched, no one wants to remember him for his legendary exploits.... e no good oooo

3 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Wallade(m): 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2019
UdyOgwoUde:

Read my comment before you quote me

Your comment is about a defender who won world footballer of the year.

We are analysing Africa's best strikers. What is your point?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by UdyOgwoUde(m): 9:21pm On Sep 29, 2019
Wallade:

Your comment is about a defender who won world footballer of the year.

We are analysing Africa's best strikers. What is your point?

Well, the headline have been modified. This isn't what it says when it was posted. It was initially "5 African All time best players".... Earlier set of comments should let you know
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by TheGiftedOne(m): 9:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Diop

France will always remember that Senegalise for obvious reasons.

Gyan

I believe they deserve a shout out too.

Fredrick Kanoute of Mali and Sevilla never make am na these yeye players wan make the cut
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by RexTramadol1: 9:26pm On Sep 29, 2019
El.hadji Diouf
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by fem88(m): 9:26pm On Sep 29, 2019
This list is a junk without the great Rashidi Yekini
cydophobia:
Where is Rashidi Yekini

3 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by richieray: 9:32pm On Sep 29, 2019
Mohammed aboterika,titi camara
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Seunnzy(m): 9:39pm On Sep 29, 2019
no hadji diouf in Ur list..mtchew
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Toofan007: 10:09pm On Sep 29, 2019
Abedi Pele was a midfielder

1 Like

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by moshuur(m): 10:13pm On Sep 29, 2019
jrusky:
And no Okocha pls edit your list asap
Okocha is a midfielder

1 Like

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Pajero65: 10:16pm On Sep 29, 2019
Pele jersey no be here ooo
laughing "buharistically"
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by ofiko123(m): 10:20pm On Sep 29, 2019
genius43:
How Samuel Eto'o is conspicuously missing beats my imagination

Samuel Eto'o is not missing..
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by ofiko123(m): 10:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
George weah is Unarguably the best African player of all time..
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Rajosh(m): 10:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
jrusky:
And no Okocha pls edit your list asap
Okocha wasn't a striker
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by wisekidchy(m): 10:57pm On Sep 29, 2019
Is always between eto and weah, but I will give it to weah bcoz of his balloon d or, it takes one to be the very best in the world before winning it so weak is African greatest

1 Like

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Lamanii22(f): 11:29pm On Sep 29, 2019
miki1:
If na striker o na Rashid Yekini...

Woow rashid yekini must have been a super striker, everyone's just mentioning him....
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Lamanii22(f): 11:37pm On Sep 29, 2019
Ewedegubbler:
Yekini should be there, but since he ran mad and died wretched, no one wants to remember him for his legendary exploits.... e no good oooo

He ran mad
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by richie240: 12:21am On Sep 30, 2019
Ewedegubbler:

You just have dt gene in ur DNA dt provokes. Where did u see dt he ran mad and died wretched? If the family sue u to court for libel now, u'll begin to claim victimization.
Who does dt?
must ur life revolve around hate, bigotry, propaganda and deceit?
May God forgive you.

Lamanii22:

He ran mad

my dear don't pay d kid any mind.
You can do a ggl search (abt d cause of his death and his net worth at death) to clear the air.
I'm not surprised the op didn't include yekini. The same ppl dt will see black and call it white will Still use d same mouth to accuse others of nepotism.
Even KANU sef will be shocked at his inclusion ahead of yekini.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Reeb2244: 1:54am On Sep 30, 2019
genius43:
How Samuel Eto'o is conspicuously missing beats my imagination
Next time open your eyes to read.
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Reeb2244: 1:56am On Sep 30, 2019
Chi59:

My thoughts exactly.
open your eyes to read next time.
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by BrainSanitizer: 5:30am On Sep 30, 2019
Without Messi's and Ronaldo's names, the list is Inconclusive.
Please argue with your ex.
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by princeade86(m): 5:50am On Sep 30, 2019
I don't know why they always put KANU on the list because to me, the guy just got luck, but not play. imagine striker that has 12 goals for national team, across 85 appearances, why jay jay, midfielder, has 14 goals in 74 appearances. across all his clubs, he scored just 108 goals in 404 appearances.
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by sharone21(f): 5:55am On Sep 30, 2019
theowane:
Yekini should replace Kanu on that list. Kanu was not as prolific as Yekini at both club and country. Kanu played two world cups and two nations cups and scored no goal.

I disagree.....Yekinin was only a finisher not necessarily a striker....KANU was a GAME CHANGER, it was hazardous not to start KANU on time in any match and even if the Coach failed to start him, he ought to be included....I still remember the role he played( also Okocha) when we were 4:0 down with the Brazilian side and later we won by penalty shootout.
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by princeade86(m): 6:00am On Sep 30, 2019
nevilbot:

The list said best strikers so okocha can't be there. Okocha is not a striker but a midfielder. Moreover , okocha is not a prolific goal scorer but a midfield maestro. So there is no business okocha has with the list up there.
sorry, is messi a striker? because I do confused

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos: Footballer Chichi Igbo Oozies Sexiness In A Short Brown Dress / Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) / Chelsea Vs Man Utd - 2 : 2 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.