Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,279 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time (49033 Views)

Osimhen & Boniface Beat Ronaldo As World Best Strikers By SPORTbible / Super Eagles Coach, Rohr Names Four Strikers To Represent Nigeria In Egypt / "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by lanetrips: 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2019
Where is Rabah Madjer the first African to win the UEFA Champions Cup now Champions league with Fc Porto in 1987
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Tolexander: 8:09pm On Sep 29, 2019
edlion57:
Okocha nko
okocha Na striker?

1 Like

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Kenturkey048(m): 8:09pm On Sep 29, 2019
Where is Rashidi Yekini?

7 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by mechanics(m): 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2019
What of Jay Jay.
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Mexyz(m): 8:12pm On Sep 29, 2019
Tajbol4splend:
Eto'o,

Aubameyang,

Drogba

Kanu

Roger Mila

Abedi Pele

Guy just throw that Aubameyang out of the list

2 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by ubee(m): 8:12pm On Sep 29, 2019
Is the person that wrote this article a quack journalist or what?
In no way, shape or form is Kanu's name worthy to be mentioned even in a list of Africa's best 10 strikers.
He was an elite footballer yes. But his strength was all about supporting the main striker in the great teams he played on. He was never the player to score 20 plus goals a season consistently - which should be a primary prerequisite for any striker on the list.
We all love Kanu but must not allow sentiments becloud our sense of judgment.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Blackdna: 8:13pm On Sep 29, 2019
Nature Knows No Color Line
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by achimotan(m): 8:13pm On Sep 29, 2019
femi4:
Remove abedi Pele from that list. He is local champion

How is he a local champion?
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Mursz: 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2019
For me Drogba is number 1, think me biased, come on! What do you expect? I’m a chelsea fan deal with it! tongue
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by KingOdart(m): 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2019
It should be Rashidi Yekini

Rashidi still hold the record of the highest scorer for Super Eagle

7 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by freeman67: 8:16pm On Sep 29, 2019
Jh0wsef:
But how can you not put Okocha, a top 10 dribbler in the world of all-time in a 5man list of Africa?

No make me laugh, bros

Is Okocha a striker?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Ten06(m): 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
This list is not complete without Okocha
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by kadiri3(m): 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2019
Jh0wsef:
But how can you not put Okocha, a top 10 dribbler in the world of all-time in a 5man list of Africa?

No make me laugh, bros
OKOCHA IS ATTACKING MIDFIELDER
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Ademoore07(m): 8:20pm On Sep 29, 2019
Kanu isn't a striker to me but a midfielder. Why was Okocha ommited? OP u no Sabi soccer abeg
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by MedicH: 8:20pm On Sep 29, 2019
Iheanacho nko. This list is incomplete.
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2019
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
MedicH:
Iheanacho nko. This list is incomplete.
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by kadiri3(m): 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2019
UdyOgwoUde:
Where's Jay-Jay?
Ooh... Is it by winning CAF award that Jay-Jay didn't make this list.
tongue Ronaldinho will still choose Jay-Jay over this guys.
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by samuelchimmy(m): 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
Bros them pay you to rig this list for other African countries? undecided where is okocha , Rashid Yekini abi you smoke Ghana?
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by kadiri3(m): 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
Mursz:
For me Drogba is number 1, think me biased, come on! What do you expect? I’m a chelsea fan deal with it! tongue
I KNOW U ARE CHELSEA RIGHT?
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by kadiri3(m): 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2019
samuelchimmy:
Bros them pay you to rig this list for other African countries? undecided where is okocha , Rashid Yekini abi you smoke Ghana?
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
Mexyz:
Guy just throw that Aubameyang out of the list

Mind telling me why?
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
no Rashidi yekini
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by id911(m): 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2019
Lai Mohammed list...Rashidi Yekini over Kanu any day, any time

2 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by UdyOgwoUde(m): 8:32pm On Sep 29, 2019
kadiri3:

Cannavaro won FIFA best player as a defender
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by anigbajumo(m): 8:32pm On Sep 29, 2019
Where is Kanute wey played for sevilla,he was a very good striker during his time.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Mexyz(m): 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2019
Tajbol4splend:

Mind telling me why?
Mind telling me what he has won individually and collectively when compared to those guys in the list?

1 Like

Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by JayBasic(m): 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2019
femi4:
Remove abedi Pele from that list. He is local champion

Eeeiiii... How?

Anyways Abedi was a CM not a striker
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2019
Mexyz:
Mind telling me what he has won individually and collectively when compared to those guys in the list?

I'm not talking of achievement, I'm talking of quality as a striker
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Sicilyjoe: 8:42pm On Sep 29, 2019
theowane:
Yekini should replace Kanu on that list. Kanu was not as prolific as Yekini at both club and country. Kanu played two world cups and two nations cups and scored no goal.

What do u mean by two nations cup ? Am sure kanu have play upto 5 or 6 nation cup
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 29, 2019
ok
Re: 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time by Davidasi: 8:44pm On Sep 29, 2019
Buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) / Chelsea Vs Man Utd - 2 : 2 (Full Time) / Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.