Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders (61343 Views)

Buhari, His Wife, Aisha & Daughters Watch Election Activities After Voting / President Buhari & His Children, Hanan And Yusuf Buhari In Beautiful Photoshoot / Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Buhari, His Wife And Others In Fresh Broadcast From Israel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Orpe7(m): 8:36am On Sep 30, 2019
You should be lucky u dont have trump as Naija president na boader wall una for don get.
Shi shi no go even crawl enter
But wait o, should we pity u guys at our detriment?
We sef wan grown ourselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by guidelight: 8:36am On Sep 30, 2019
The hardship is now being exported. Sorry guys , this has been our fate since 2015.
Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by greypencils: 8:38am On Sep 30, 2019
alphaNomega:

You have a point. They say never underestimate the power of idíots in large numbers, but a group of 200 million idíots is still a group of 200 million idíots. Their sheer number does not make them geniuses.
Well, we all ain't idiots...sure i am not. Don't know about you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Baroba(m): 8:44am On Sep 30, 2019
Nigeria always looking for the part of less resistance, closure of border is an indication this dunce called Buhari lacks imagination..Blame your useless government for its inability to monitor it's borders not the Bennoise.. What of folks who do genuine business? Or bilateral trade agreements signed among ECOWAS states, folks who have wards attending school in Benin nko.. Cheap alcohol and cigarettes are smuggled everyday from france into UK, yet you don't see the Brits closing down there border, rather the tighten it and maintain strict control...We have never had it this bad with this illiterate in charge..tufiakwa!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Omoboricash(m): 8:50am On Sep 30, 2019
realstars:
4+4 Buhari's next level of hunger is loading... This time he will make it across the whole west African nations in the next four years, after signing agreement with the neighboring countries. This is just the beginning of the next level things.
Obviously u are not sound upstairs. If you comprehend and digest the article very well, trash won't come out from u. At whom detriment opening of board is? Nigeria or Benin? The petrol that was subsided for Nigerian citizens was taken to Benin and Niger Republic. Who does that. Benin is the six largest importer of rice. What's population of Benin Republic just 11M less than Lagos state. Who consumed those rice? Nigeria through illegal smuggling.
Not all Buhari policies u just condemn. Open ur brain beyond hatred and seek good thing behind his motive

4 Likes

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 30, 2019
Is our border with Niger a southern border? If you gonna wail at least wail sensibly.
gunuvi:
I am not against border closure but it will be very evil for Buhari to close the southern borders and not close the northern borders. Meanwhile our government's should be ashamed for the
smuggling activities going on at our borders or what are we paying the border securities agencies for?
I tire for this country.
:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by mercyville: 8:56am On Sep 30, 2019
No pain,no gain.
Ouch! I am feeling the pain too but I pray it is worth it.Continuity without break and Nigeria will smile.
I remember reading about how Singapore or one chinese related nation went through a lot of pain for 10 years but came out triumphant.The leader then insisted on the painful but viable policy.I pray we come out triumphantly but we do not want ruga. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by barinedan(m): 9:01am On Sep 30, 2019
At least this is the first time I will be supporting Buhari's policy, the 6th largest importer of rice in the world should eat their rice alone

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Opexzy: 9:01am On Sep 30, 2019
chinchum:
This is a theoretical statement that is not practicable. We will never have enough sustainable alternative as long as smuggling persists. Tiny Benin republic is the second largest importer of RIce in the world, much of that is planned to be exported via smuggling to Nigeria.

Your are very intelligent.... Most people had forgotten that necessity is the mother of invention... I have been against buhari on most grounds... But this i support the full implementation... Let them go and ask about the Chinese economy revolution... No country will grow being a dumping site...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Saintabdul(m): 9:03am On Sep 30, 2019
gunuvi:
I am not against border closure but it will be very evil for Buhari to close the southern borders and not close the northern borders. Meanwhile our government's should be ashamed for the smuggling activities going on at our borders or what are we paying the border securities agencies for?
I tire for this country.

Please go back to your Geography class, Nigeria southern border is with the Atlantic Ocean. Nigeria only have border with other countries in the East, west and North.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by frowland(m): 9:06am On Sep 30, 2019
babaolofin:

It is not compression problem. He said the truth. I will reply you later.
No need for back and forth please. Today is Monday, let's face work. Although in the article I saw Niger Republic and Benin Republic. So I don't know where he got his assertion from. Please do have a nice day. Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 30, 2019
Lol! Your egun and Yoruba brethren brought the buhari calamity upon you people. During the last election I heard badagry voted massively for APC. Infact hundreds of smugglers around badagry and owode are currently jobless. My brethren are the problem of Nigeria. I don't blame the Igbos for always abusing us. Everything they say about us are all true. Our food is oilly, we love ewedu so much and we are always too jealous. I am tired of sending money home to support family members always because of buhari calamity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 30, 2019
barinedan:
At least this is the first time I will be supporting Buhari's policy, the 6th largest importer of rice in the world should eat their rice alone

cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Nasir123(m): 9:12am On Sep 30, 2019
Christophorus:
The only good thing Buhari has done in 2019 undecided undecided

I dey tell you bros! grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Saintabdul(m): 9:12am On Sep 30, 2019
Border closure to me is a welcome development, Nigerians can not be living in hardship at the gain of other Africa countries. Do we know how much of our subsidized petroleum product is smuggled out to these Neighbouring countries?

Nigeria basically feeds these countries at our own detriment, yet these countries feel they are the ones doing us good. We can not expect to grow our economy if this nation's border serves as a leakage point, especially in relation to Agriculture.

Until the government of these countries come to their senses and do the needful, let the border remain closed. Abi when South Africa purse us from SA shey dem blind.
Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Saintabdul(m): 9:13am On Sep 30, 2019
Otunbascotty:
Lol! Your egun and Yoruba brethren brought the buhari calamity upon you people. During the last election I heard badagry voted massively for APC. Infact hundreds of smugglers around badagry and owode are currently jobless. My brethren are the problem of Nigeria. I don't blame the Igbos for always abusing us. Everything they say about us are all true. Our food is oilly, we love ewedu so much and we are always too jealous. I am tired of sending money home to support family members always because of buhari calamity.

Bros is smuggling, job in the first place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Inanslove(m): 9:17am On Sep 30, 2019
We are the Boss of Africa!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Area4Area: 9:28am On Sep 30, 2019
Baroba:
Nigeria always looking for the part of less resistance, closure of border is an indication this dunce called Buhari lacks imagination..Blame your useless government for its inability to monitor it's borders not the Bennoise.. What of folks who do genuine business? Or bilateral trade agreements signed among ECOWAS states, folks who have wards attending school in Benin nko.. Cheap alcohol and cigarettes are smuggled everyday from france into UK, yet you don't see the Brits closing down there border, rather the tighten it and maintain strict control...We have never had it this bad with this illiterate in charge..tufiakwa!!
This is because the French government is also doing its part to control the illegal smuggling into Britain unlike Benin and Niger governments turning a blind eye because they make millions of dollars from it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by GalaticHorde: 9:44am On Sep 30, 2019
So make I fry water? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Bsmartt(m): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2019
alphaNomega:

But was that not the status quo? Albeit without the high excuse duties of rice, frozen turkey etc

The reason our government banned these products earlier was because they are the ones who own the large farms that should produce these items we were importing. All the large farms in the country are owned by politicians. They do not make policies that benefit the ordinary Nigerian farmer because in business they don't want competition.

This is why they make business difficult hard for a local farmer who wants to expand. Have you ever tried to export any agricultural produce from this country? There is no way you would understand me if you have not or maybe had a discussion with a farmer who has tried. You will be frustrated by customs until your goods perish/rotten/decay...mind you I said EXPORT, not even import that we are talking about smugglers.

We had been importing the things jejely in the past, paying duties/bribes where we can, smuggling the little that could be smuggled. Because demand from/patronage of the politicians' farm was low, they decided to ban the items we import to force us to patronise them. What then happens? BOOM, smuggling goes over the roof!.... It's a long story and my eyes hurt, I wish I could continue.

I understand your concerns. However, I think competing with the so called 'politicians' farm is not impossible. With extraordinary USP, we can compete favorably with them. Mind you the market is there in this country let alone our neighboring countries.
Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Bsmartt(m): 10:01am On Sep 30, 2019
ozowarac:

Dosent work like that bro, it has been proven that is not working take alcohol and cigarette as examples.

These products are not consumed by all and sundry. Infact the tobacco firms are really struggling around the world. BAT will relieve about 14,000 staff come January 2020.

Take a look at our fresh produce market. It has really skyrocket. Multinational/conglomerates are now investing in Agriculture (backward integration) and also giving farmers high quality seedlings.

In few years we would have food sufficiency provided that corruption is tamed by all of us.
Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by jontim: 10:11am On Sep 30, 2019
Well, we need to start protecting our interest, wildly.
United State does this and we hail trump for it.

We do the same and receive backlash by our citizens.

If smuggling is not curbed, local producers will not sell.
Nation will not move.

Well, the crazy government is also not making it easy to sell our local products, but, the solution is not illegalities.
Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 30, 2019
Saintabdul:

Bros is smuggling, job in the first place.
yes it's offcourse! It's only illegal if you bring in contrabands. Hundreds of family depend on smuggling to feed daily. This buhari government is trying everything possible to kill southern economy and make southern youths jobless, while empowering the northern economy while empowering the northern youths. Tinubu brought these calamity of a government upon us.
Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Zeezxo(m): 10:24am On Sep 30, 2019
alphaNomega:

Kindly explain who is stealing from who? Remember these importer/smugglers used to bring these goods directly to Nigeria but the useless government decided to ban them. That created the chain of events that led to what is happening today and it will get worse. The final stage is a depopulation of the country when people realise they can no longer get what they want but this is the long term plan by niggers in charge. When you are gone, they take over your landed assets and begin to establish their style of government.

I apologize for speaking a bit off point and you may not understand me.
No problem. How can we be a great country without putting all this in place? We want Nigeria to be like China, USA, Dubai and all. But we are not ready to make sacrifices for anything that will injure our businesses.
Smuggling goods into the it own is a crime.
We want better Nigeria.
Am not those who always says everything about this government is Good or everything is Bad. You can't be a producer of a goods and see the same goods been smuggled into your Community.
Just apply this and let me know your steps if that happens to you.
Thank you
Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Zeezxo(m): 10:28am On Sep 30, 2019
Otunbascotty:
Because you voted for someone who is a failure does not mean that we that voted Buhari don't have sense. Moreso how has this topic related to your words.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by seunny4lif(m): 10:36am On Sep 30, 2019
The thing taya meself
Area4Area:
Not just close it but tighten the borders more to teach those leeches some lessons, imagine same people leeching on our economy will still have the guts to call us names tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by CoolAmbience(m): 10:42am On Sep 30, 2019
anibi9674:
Funny, e be like say buhari na recessionist master o, en don dash benin republic recession.

If you have any sense at all, you'd know that as President, Buhari is under an oath to protect the territorial integrity of Nigeria.

With the level of insecurity in Nigeria, only a foolish leader will put tomatoes sales ahead of the safety of his people and country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by CoolAmbience(m): 10:43am On Sep 30, 2019
Christophorus:
The only good thing Buhari has done in 2019 undecided undecided

That's because you only just came out from your hole.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 30, 2019
Zeezxo:

Because you voted for someone who is a failure does not mean that we that voted Buhari don't have sense. Moreso how has this topic related to your words.
your English is as wack as the banner you claim you design. I am sure it's vanacular banners that you design. Go and learn English language then you will understand how what I wrote is related to the topic. Ode oponu.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by teelaw4life(m): 10:51am On Sep 30, 2019
I'm not a fan of Buhari at all. But i support this move. This is the kind of strong and valid decision we want from our country's president.
Nigeria cannot continue to haemorrhage/work against itself under the guise of free trade and open borders.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by mechanics(m): 10:57am On Sep 30, 2019
I think both president should resolve whatever issues that has led to the closing of the border amicably, we both need each other to grow.
Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Dee60: 11:59am On Sep 30, 2019
grandstar:

There is a big difference between lowering tax rates and lowering taxes.

Nigeria's corporate tax rate is 30% but who pays it? Probably less than 1% of registered companies pay the real figure. It was estimated in 1990 that it was primarily public quoted companies and a few others that actually paid the full rate. Probably no more than 0.1% of registered companies.

What matters is not the tax rate but the base. India found out that the more it reduced taxes, the higher the revenue collected. Taxpayers were more complaint. A tax rate of 12% will not only increase the level of compliance but will drive massive investments. It works like magic.It is trans-formative.

Inflation rates are high because of the Naira substitution policy. Please read up Henry Boyo's articles on the Naira substitution policy. Basically, substitution of the oil revenues into Naira and then paid out as monthly to the 3 tiers of government leads to a spike in inflation. That spike in inflation is now mopped up using costly TBills which lead to high commercial banking rates.

Let us say the monthly revenue is $2b, government will pay out 730b, or if $3b, that is N1.095 trillion. When this money enters into the system , it leads to excess money in the system which the CBN has to mop up using bonds.

Nigeria shouldn't have had a problem with high inflation for years because its budget deficit was barely 2% of GDP. This figure is associated with sinle digit inflation. The Naira substitution policy was skewing the system.

Henry Boyo said instead of paying them in Naira, use Dollar certificates instead and they can redeem the Naira value at commercial banks. These will lead to dollars changing Naira and will cause the Naira to strengthen greatly. But most importantly, because there is no more spike in inflation and to prevent the Naira from becoming too strong, a looser monetary policy which will lead to lending rates reducing and with time hitting single digits

Soludo wanted to end it but Yaradua stopped him 2007 or so.

Agree with your comments. The answers to our economic problems are not far-fetched. The challenge is that FG keeps picking advisers that are 'sponsored'. I personally want to see what the new team will advise. I feel they will toe the line of 'IMF thinking' which may cause more harm than good.

Why cant we just lower tax rates and increase compliance? Why cant we drop VAT to 3% and rake in more payers? FIRS keep flaunting how much they have collected. Let them tell us how many companies are paying. It may still be a fragment of the total. Economics should not go beyond common sense! The developed countries keep borrowing rates at 1-2% to encourage production. That is simple common sense that Apogbon traders understand. What is the common sense in keeping lending rates at 25% and end up with a large number of 'big' people who will never payback? Or tax rates at 35% only to have less than 1% compliance? let us use common sense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal / Inside Yahaya Bello's Multi-Billion Naira Mansion By TheNigeriaTimes.com / Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.